• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Are you planning on getting the game?

Are you currently planning on buying Brilliant Diamond and/or Shining Pearl?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • Yes, but probably some time after the release

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 33.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I saw a thread like this on another forum, and thought it was an interesting topic. Are you currently planning on getting the game(s), and if so, do you think you will buy it on release day? Is this what you would normally do when a Pokemon game comes out, or have your plans changed?

I will be getting it (probably just one of the two versions), but I might wait until it's available second-hand at a lower price. It seems a little overpriced for a remake, especially as it seems there will be relative few changes. Also, if I wait a while, I can find out exactly is and isn't in the game before buying. Now that DLC has been introduced to the Pokemon series, I'm a bit suspicious that they might leave something out (for example, the Distortion World) and sell it separately later.

You can change your vote, if you feel differently towards the games after more information is announced!

Definitely gonna wait a bit after release to see the overall reception and learn all of the changes (good and bad). And i also agree that it's overpriced for a remake, hence why i'm gonna get it second-hand if i actually decide to buy it.

Unless something big gets announced that I can’t get out of the originals and Platinum, my answer is no unless it’s gifted to me.

Yes and preferably as soon as they come out. I'm hoping to get both at the same time, but if for some reason I'm unable then I'll just get one version (Brilliant Diamond, as that'll be my main file) and wait a bit on the other.

I routinely get each new game on the day of release, and that's not going to change here. Since XY, the only time I've not picked up a new main series game on release day was with Let's Go, since I wasn't interested in them at the time. (But even if I had been, I wouldn't have been able to get them anyway since I didn't have a Switch yet.)

However, I actually am excited to play these games since I like a lot of what Sinnoh has to offer, but think Gen 4 gameplay is ass. So while I could just replay Platinum, I wouldn't have much fun doing that. As far as I'm concerned, those games do need to be brought up to speed. And while I do think $60 is a bit much for what this is, it's still not quite at my deal-breaker point. (I don't think I would be willing to buy these games for $70.)

Though there is one thing that will be different this time around - there will only be one of the two versions in the household. Usually my wife and I pick opposites, and by virtue of that I am still able to get the experience and the exclusives of the version I didn't choose. However, she's not interested in BDSP, so we have no reason to get both. I'll just be getting Shining Pearl for myself. (While I initially told myself I would only ever buy one of the Let's Go games, and chose Pikachu, I eventually managed to find Eevee for only $40 and decided to get it for my wife since I had recently bought her a Switch of her own, and I knew she thought LGPE's graphics looked cute. But I don't imagine anything like that will happen here.)

Yep, will probably have it predownloaded so I can play Friday at midnight like I have with Let's Go and SWSH. Just haven't decided on which version I'm getting yet, thinking of going with Shining Pearl assuming the version exclusives are similar to the originals. While it's not what I had imagined for Sinnoh remakes, I'm still looking forward to Sinnoh with QOL improvements that I'll probably enjoy more than I do Platinum.

Yes. Mostly because I do that with almost every pokemon game that gets released.

Plus I've been meaning to replay the Sinnoh games for years now. Which is something I can't really do since I have shiny and event pokemon on my games and I'm too cheap to shill out for both Pokemon Bank and premium Home.

I replayed Platinum just last year and it held up well other than the over reliance on HMs, so I'll need way more than just DP with modern systems to buy one of them, especially with Legends not long after.

Considering I've already reserved Brilliant Diamond at Gamestop as soon as the release date was revealed, then yes, I will be getting it. Shining Pearl may come later, depending on my feelings and final verdict on the remakes. That and paying $60 apiece isn't something I can afford right away. But, yes, I will be getting it as soon as it hits the shelves.

Most likely but I'm still waiting to see what extra features these remakes will have before I make my final decision. But I'm saving money for them just in case.

I'm still kind of undecided at this point, but I most likely will. Seeing the graphical improvements from the lastest clip we got moved me from a "definitely only going to buy it used" to "might buy it day one", though. If they hit enough items on my wishlist, I'll buy it new to support it for sure, but we just don't know anything about how even returning features work much less whether there's new content.

I'm like ~95% certain that I ain't getting either games but things might change. I mean I didn't plan on getting LGPE either but I gave in eventually - it's still one of the worse gaming decisions I've ever made though lol.

The Sinnoh remakes are gonna need to have a ton of special features revealed in the next couple months to make me change my mind though. :/

Stiff competition from Metroid Dread and Legends Arceus. So, I'm probably going to hold off until it (hopefully) hits $40 or less. The next trailer could convince me otherwise.

I'm like ~95% certain that I ain't getting either games but things might change. I mean I didn't plan on getting LGPE either but I gave in eventually - it's still one of the worse gaming decisions I've ever made though lol.

The Sinnoh remakes are gonna need to have a ton of special features revealed in the next couple months to make me change my mind though. :/
LGPE surprised me graphically and aesthetically, but yeah, the game is quite tiring and boring.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom