• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash Or A New Guy?

Who do you want in the anime?

• Ash

Votes: 146 62.4%
  • A New Guy :)

Votes: 88 37.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. While I understand the reasoning behind why people would like for Ash to be replaced with another main character, I also think that it is pretty clear that Ash is sticking around for the long haul. He's been around for thirteen years and by the time the new series, Best Wishes, end, Ash would be the main character for roughly seventeen years. That's pretty clear evidence to me that he's staying as the main character. If the writers really wanted to replace him, I think that they would have done so by now. Considering how popular the series is and it still does its job of advertising the newest games well enough, I don't think that the writers have any incentive to actually replace Ash.

Besides, the show is about his journey. I believe that was establish with the first episode. I still find Ash an enjoyable character myself. I'm glad that he's more mature in AG and DP than he was in the original series and he has also become a much better trainer. I like him, although I can understand why others find him dull, but it's pretty clear that he's here to stay.
ShoPro should have replace Ash after his run at the Orange League; but they didn't, and thus he's stuck in the show FOREVER!!!!

They'll replace Ash eventually. If we're in the year 2040 and Ash is still here, you can contact me through the internet and say, "I told you so."

They'll replace Ash eventually. If we're in the year 2040 and Ash is still here, you can contact me through the internet and say, "I told you so."

Or perhaps the fad will finally die down by then.

Considering that they've used him for over a decade, I don't think that they will or that they have to replace him. It isn't like Pokemon is the only series with a main character who has been established as such for years. If the series still works and the games are still making a ton of money, then I could see Ash still being in a series in 2040.

cohenmarioman said:
Or perhaps the fad will finally die down by then.

Technically speaking, the Pokemon fad ended years ago. While it is still successful, I don't think that it is as popular as it was when it first started.

Considering that they've used him for over a decade, I don't think that they will or that they have to replace him. It isn't like Pokemon is the only series with a main character who has been established as such for years. If the series still works and the games are still making a ton of money, then I could see Ash still being in a series in 2040.

So do you think Ash will have won a league, and beaten any Elite 4 by 2040? Or will be be still the same guy..losing leagues, and starting over again?

So do you think Ash will have won a league, and beaten any Elite 4 by 2040? Or will be be still the same guy..losing leagues, and starting over again?

I could see Ash winning another league by that point. I believe that the Orange League counts, despite not being a game related region and league. I don't think he'll defeat the Elite 4, but it could happen. Even if he does win a league, I'm sure that he'll just start over again in another region anyway. He does like to travel to new places to challenge more trainers and catch more Pokemon. If being offered a position at the Kanto Battle Frontier didn't make him stop traveling, I don't see how winning a league would.

Why a new guy? Ash is the backbone of the series. And my all-time favourite character. He will keep on trying to get better, discovering new places and Pokémon and realizing his dream. And I say, good for him. Yay for Ash!
(OK, I'll stop now.)

I want the show to go a different direction. Get rid of Ash and Pikachu.

Oh yeah, and make it more adult friendly natured. No more ten year old kids, please.

ash should stay.

but how would they get rid of him?

with out making him die or making him walk off randomly

While I'm okay with Ash staying for the Best Wishes series, I do not want him to be the main character in Generation 6.

If Gen 5 will take four years to be finished as well, he would have been around for exactly 17 years. And I think 17 years is enough to finally finish his storyline.

This has been discussed to death. Ash and Pikachu will not lteave because they are the Mascots of the show. Ask anyone on the street who doesn't watch the show and the 1st names they'll mention are either "Ash" or "Pikachu", everyone in the whole bloody world knows who they are, whats the point of replacing them?

People are getting sick of him.

When you say People, do you mean the minority or majority cause if it was the majority the creators would have noticed they weren't making as much money and changed it a long time ago.

People are getting sick of him.

Relly? Poll here says different. Every character will have haters and fans, Dawn who was a newbie character had haters for crying out loud and she was new like I said. Can you imagine the crazyness that'd happen if Ash did get replaced? I'm not sure many people would like this at all.

new guy plz.

Yeah, a new guy would be cool. 8D
even cooler than Ash

Seeing Ash on every episode is boring. *_*

I think people hate ash but they dont want to see him go yet. Im pretty sure the writers could easily get a new guy in the picture but they would have to do it with afew seasons of him following Ash first. That way they could develope as a trainer/coordinator/breeder/whatever occupation the pokeworld has.

Ash doesn't have the personality that he had in Kanto, Orange, and Johto...I want to see the new B/W guy be the next guy with his Tsujara or whatever it'll be called in English

I wish there'd be a new guy but Ash is destined to piss me off for all eternity.... or until the show is cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom