• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Pokemon XY Team/Predictions and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Ash to get Goronda too. As of now, one of the teams that I'd like to see with Ash consists of this:

Pikachu
Froakie
Talonflame
Goronda
Unknown Grass pokemon or Chespin
Unknown Wildcard pokemon

I'm guessing he might get a pokemon that we haven't seen yet and probably won't see until the release of XY (or close to the fall at least). The question is whether or not he'll get a ground type. Ever since gen 2, he's used at least one each gen.

Pikachu
Chespin
Talonflame
Goronda
Froakie or Clauncher
Fairy-type evolution of older Pokemon (perhaps Mawile?)
Maybe a wildcard if he releases one of his Pokemon/trades it/whatever (probably happening to Goronda)

- Pikachu (given)
- Fletchling (if Ash catches it, it will probably evolve into Talonflame)
- One or more of the starters (probably all three like last time); if not, a pokemon whose type is the same as whatever starter he did not catch
- A sixth member wild card (could be anything)

Could we possibly make a Poll on what Pokemon that Ash should get maybe or not if so then that will not work. Anywhooooo I want Ash to get Pancham because IT'S EVOLVED FORM IS JUST SO FREAKING EPIC AND LOOKS SO COOL. If not PLEASE LET HIM GET A LITLEO BECAUSE I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE AND I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN, LIONS ARE MY FAVORITE ANIMALS OF ALLLLLL TIME AND IF HE DOES NOT GET IT PLEASSSE LET SOMEONE IMPORTANT CAPTURE IT PLEASE.

- Chespin (Oshawott 2.0, marketing tool)
- Fenniken (Charmander 4.0 with a Snivy-esque personality)
- Froakie
- Fletchling
- a Scraggy 2.0 pokemon
- a powerhouse pokemon

- Chespin (Oshawott 2.0, marketing tool)
- Fenniken (Charmander 4.0 with a Snivy-esque personality)
- Froakie
- Fletchling
- a Scraggy 2.0 pokemon
- a powerhouse pokemon

If Ash does catch a Pancham (which I really hope he doesn't, he's could lay off the fighting types) I can't see it evolving while under Ash's care. Gorgonda doesn't seem like the kind of Pokemon Ash has, and seems more fitted for a rival.

So, here's my list of what I think he'll have, and than my list of what I want him to have.

-Pikachu
-Fletching->Middle Stage->Talonflame
-Chespin
-Froakie
-Not yet revealed
-Not yet revealed

-Pikachu
-Froakie
-Gogoat
-Fennekin
-Dunsparce
-Sableye

Hopefully he'll keep with 6 Pokemon this time, and if not 6, seven.

Ash
Pikachu
Fletchling-Talonflame
Froakie
Goronda
Grass Type
Fire Type

Here are my hopes:

- Pikachu (that's a given)
- Froakie
- Fletchling
- Pancham
- Gogoat/Chespin

Those I could see with Ash, though I'd also want to see him with a Fairy type. I chose Fletchling over Fennekin because not only do I prefer Froakie but the regional bird finally has a typing that stands out and plus, Talonflame looks amazing.

I could see Ash getting a Fairy type. They might want to give him this new type of Pokemon if they'll actually make a bigger deal about it than they did with Dark and Steel types during Johto and showcase what it is strong and weak against more often. Though, none of the revealed Fairy types would really fit him. The only one that I could maybe see being on his team is Swirlix and even that feels like a stretch.

I could see Ash getting a Fairy type. They might want to give him this new type of Pokemon if they'll actually make a bigger deal about it than they did with Dark and Steel types during Johto and showcase what it is strong and weak against more often. Though, none of the revealed Fairy types would really fit him. The only one that I could maybe see being on his team is Swirlix and even that feels like a stretch.
I hope at least someone in the main cast gets Sylveon.

But yeah, so far, I can't really see Ash with any of the fairy types.

I want and hope Ash gets only 6 or 7 Pokemon, like in DP. No rotation.
As for his team I could say:

Pikachu
Fletchling
Chespin
Froakie
Fairy-Type
Fire-Type
Wild Card

I think that as any other regional bird Ash will catch Flechling. As for the starters I would not be surprised if he will catch all them three. But I want Ash to catch onlu Froakie or both Chespin and Froakie, bcoz he has never had a water and a grass starter in his team. Then he could catch a Fire type Pokemon, but please only Fennekin no, or maybe not , bcoz Fletchling evolved form is also a Fire type. Every time he has not had a fire starter he has always catched one fire type pkmn(Hoenn-Torkoal). I hope he catches also a Fairy type.

I hope he has Froakie Fletchling/Talonflame, and Pancham because they would be PERFECT for him.

I don't mind what pokemon he gets as long as they don't give him another bird pokemon just for scouting or another scraggy 2.0. They aren't too good in handling baby pokemon on this show either.

Pikachu
Charizard
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Noctowl
Muk

I can dream, right?

We don't know what Ash may have, save for Pikachu, anything is possible at this point.

Ash's team in Kalos will most likely have the following:
  • Chespin - Ash needs to have one of the starters of each region, in fact, all three regional starters have to be in the teams of Ash and his companions in order to advertise the games of course, and Chespin is most likely for Ash because he looks like he would be the annoying comic-relief Pokemon that sells plush toys more than the other two starters of the region in the same manner as Piplup and Oshawott before him.
  • Fletchling - Because Ash needs to have each regions bird for some reason.
  • Any Gen 6 Water type that isn't a fish - It probably won't evolve to it's final form like most of the water types Ash has owned save for Palpitoad, Froakie is the most likely possibility because of what I said about Chespin earlier.
It may possibly have:
  • Fennekin - Seems more like the Pokemon Ash's female companion will have, but he's always needs one or more of the starters on his team, so it makes sense.
  • Any Fairy type - They need to remind us we have a new type now, so it's either with Ash or one of his companions.
  • An egg - He gets these almost every other region.
It most unlikely will have:
  • Any Pokemon Ash owned in a previous region - Unless it has a new evolution in Gen 6 or is named Charizard, any chance of seeing one or more of his older Pokemon is unlikely.
  • Any Pokemon from a previous generation that Ash didn't catch - Again, unless it has a new evolution in Gen 6 (or is now a Fairy type in this generation), most unlikely.
  • Legendaries - Obvious reason is obvious.
  • Another Electric type (including Helioptile) - He already has Pikachu, and one Pikachu is enough, the resident electric rodent of Kalos will most likely belong to his female companion.
  • A Dark, Ghost or Poison type - The anime is rather biased about Ash or any of his companions owning any of these types (Team Rocket, yes, but Ash or his friends is unlikely), it's true that Bulbasaur was part-Poison type and Scraggy was part-Dark type, but pure types are most unlikely.
  • A fully fish-based Pokemon - Ash needs to have Pokemon that walk on land.
I am unsure of:
  • Pancham - Everyone seems to want Ash to have one of these for some reason.
  • Gogoat - It just doesn't look like the kind of Pokemon Ash would use, especially since the anime has the habit of making him catch standard and cute looking Pokemon, with the occasional rare exception (Boldore for instance), so it's debatable.

I think Ash will have:
Pikachu
-Talonflame or the earliest bird findable
-Chespin (He always gets the grass starter)
-Fennekin if he doesn't get Talonflame
-Froakie or another water type suited for land
-A normal type
-Vivillion or another butterfly/bug

I doubt he will get a Fairy type, since I don't recall him getting a dark or steel pokemon when they came out in gen II. Also I doubt he will catch a pink frilly pokemon, so maybe a fairy that looks gender neutral at least.
He isn't going to get Malamar since he never gets psychic types or dark types.

For now I'm predicting this:
Pikachu-Duh
Chespin-Piplup 3.0 if he isn't then I can see him evolving at least once.
Fletchling- Evolves early and fills the Fire and Flying roles.
Froakie- Hopefully the star of the team but I can see him becoming too marketable to evolve.

Depending how long it takes for the Kalos Lague I can see Ash with 1 evolved starter at least 1 and a half years into the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom