• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Best anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mai HiME is my number one, other than Pokemon. The shoujo-ai pairing is to die for. xDD

Then I guess Full Metal Alchemist and Fate/stay night are my other favorites. >.> Naruto is good too. It's really hard to decide.

EDIT: Hellsing is damn awesome too.

Last edited:
Fate / Stay Night

One of the most enjoyable anime series that I've ever watched.

Pocket Monsters and Yû-gi-oh!
I've read the YGO manga (all 38 volumes until DX (that I heard sucks)), but only watched the 10 or 11 first episodes. The anime is better than I expected. Some changes from the manga, but not all things are less good. Some things are even better than the manga.

Yu-Gi-Oh did have a good Manga and Anime until they started with yugioh gx then it sucked..

The show is called yugioh but he isn't even in it!

It's GX, ok . . . I did not remember the name . . . so is not yami yuugi in it? He doesn't come back? What I've heard is they only play cards in GX. I don't think I will buy that manga. People think entire YGO suck because they've seen GX. And they are supposed to talk to themselves in that anime or something like that. In other words, it doesn't sound very good.

Actually, Yugi made a couple of appearances, from what I've heard. But yea, GX is a spinoff using the same name as the original just without Yugi himself. It happens...I guess. Either way, the original was hands down better than GX, but what can ya do?

Maybe it's like that YGO movie (which I only read as a manga). I can't believe even Kazuki Takahashi's name was on it. I have no idea where in the story it takes place, and why are the names all different? (some so strange I don't even know how to pronounce them). Since Pegasus is there it should be on Duelist Kingdom, but I have no idea . . .

My personal favs are:
-Pokemon(of course <3)
-Hoshii no Kaabii(Meta-Knight for the frickin win!!)
-Ouran
-Bobobo-bobobobo(hilarious and random)
and I KINDA like PPGZ

I'm adding Lucky Star to the list. It's just so weird and random that it's awesome.

Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Ouran High School Host Club FTW.

I realize that everyone has preferences, but I analyze this very critically.

First of all, anything that has critical plot holes (*cough* Code Geass) that actively detract from the plot, then they are out no matter how fun (I gave the first season a 9/10). Anything that is pedobait (Lucky Star, Azumanga Daioh), I am sorry if that is to your liking, but they are critically abominable. Something like Eureka 7 with a mass amount of whining is out for sure no matter how great its core concept is (and it does not help that the voice acting is terrible for Renton; despite being stellar almost everywhere else it detracts so much).

Similarily, no matter how 'wooo epic' something is, if it gets too ridiculous, then it is not going to be up there (*cough* TTGL). Even if it is epic and has great art, if it spends too much time angsting and focusing on how hot its characters are (Rei, Asuka), then it (Evangelion) is out.

Something too drawn out is definitely out (hey Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Monster). This goes with the line of reasoning of a long song usually containing mass amounts of 'wanking,' and, similarily, all three of those anime I mentioned, and almost any excessively long series, contains far too much so.

What does this leave left? Really, the only option I can see is Baccano!, despite that I only rank it fifth personally since I like 'omg epic' so much. Baccano has brilliant execution, brilliant voice acting, at the worst tolerable art (different people are fans of different aspects artistically, so if it is not atrocious like ef, then I am not going to fixate on it), a great core plot idea, great subcurrents of that plot, and at least generally leaves no gaping plot holes open, though it will inexorably leave plot holes open when it tries to do so much in so short of a time. Finally, it leaves you with the absolute impression of having just watched something unlike what you never watched before. Sailor Moon is just another pretty girl fixation series. Evangelion is another gigantic robot series. Black Lagoon is another weapon/sex series. I know this is a simplification, but, with maybe the exception of gore, Baccano cannot be reduced simply like this as it is simply too vast.

I have to wonder about your opinion then, of Slayers. Each season of Slayers is rather standalone, and while the fillers are often ridiculous (Avoid Episode 17 of each season if you could) I really think the series is masterful, the characters interesting, and mixes both humor and seriousness in rather beautifully. The English dub is done rather well, I think.

-Hoshii no Kaabii(Meta-Knight for the frickin win!!)

How could I forget to add Kirby to my list (bad TK, bad). I'll add it now.

I'm also adding:

Inuyasha- It was one of the first animes I really loved
Naruto-though I'll never be able to take the Akatsuki seriously again
Hoshi no Kaabii- Okay, Kirby's just too cute

Last edited:
Rozen Maiden. Yes, I know, it looks like weird doll fetish wank material, but it's not. Just watch it. It's probably one of the best shows ever.

Slayers. One of my all time favorites. Just a fun, happy anime with some great humor.

Shigofumi. It's kind of under the radar of most fans, but it's only 13 episodes long and has beautiful animation and a deep, touching storyline. Definitely worth watching if you can find the subs somewhere.

Excel Saga. I don't think I've ever seen a funnier anime. Ever.

My faveorite anime is Pokémon. I'm sure we all know about Pokémon!

Actually, Yu-Gi-Oh is Japanese for game king (that's what it said on wikipedia).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom