• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Help thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am totally set on having a Sazandora for the Elite Four.

So, where is the best place to train LV40 Pokemon? Anddddd what HM moves do I need for Victory Road?

I am totally set on having a Sazandora for the Elite Four.

So, where is the best place to train LV40 Pokemon? Anddddd what HM moves do I need for Victory Road?

Heh, I saw a lot of ripples before getting Surf :p

I have a question myself: I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but sometimes when throwing a Poké Ball at a wild Pokémon, the ball makes a different flying sound and then, once it hits the Pokémon, it rocks only once (and to me, it has always been a surefire catch). What is the cause to this? Is it just pure luck, or is it because I'm tapping the bottom screen randomly? (Last time it happened was when using an Ultra Ball on a full health Seel in Giant Chasm.)

Its called a critical capture or something like that. Same chance of happening as a critical hit. If you look at the capture rate equation and take the x3 out of it you should have the catch rate when you get a critical capture. Its a pretty cool feature.

Heh, I saw a lot of ripples before getting Surf :p

I have a question myself: I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but sometimes when throwing a Poké Ball at a wild Pokémon, the ball makes a different flying sound and then, once it hits the Pokémon, it rocks only once (and to me, it has always been a surefire catch). What is the cause to this? Is it just pure luck, or is it because I'm tapping the bottom screen randomly? (Last time it happened was when using an Ultra Ball on a full health Seel in Giant Chasm.)

I believe that is a Critical Capture:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

It's like a critical hit, but it boosts the catch rate.

does cofagrigus' mummy ability activate if a physical move that it's immune to is used?

Its called a critical capture or something like that. Same chance of happening as a critical hit. If you look at the capture rate equation and take the x3 out of it you should have the catch rate when you get a critical capture. Its a pretty cool feature.

I believe that is a Critical Capture:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate#Critical_capture

It's like a critical hit, but it boosts the catch rate.

Critical capture, huh. Cool. I actually visited the Catch rate page, dunno why I didn't notice that section. *facepalm* Anyway, got two of 'em in a row today :D Not that I mind...

Is the Magikarp Salesman only available post-game? I ask because, being Karpi, I want my Magikarp!

Is the Magikarp Salesman only available post-game? I ask because, being Karpi, I want my Magikarp!

Yes, he's on Marvelous Bridge (né Wonder Bridge), which you can only cross after beating the Elite Four.

Why does my Scolipede make this fancy, green sparkle when he lands on the ground after I've sent him out?

Probably the animation of the Pokeball you used to capture it.

BTW, in Castelia City I met this clown in one of the buildings who said "My name's Mr. Lock. I have a feeling I'll be seeing you again.", or something to that effect. Anyone know what this is about?

This a newbish question but where is the first poke center you can use the union room.

No, the Scolipede animation has nothing to do with the Pokéball. I caught it with a Great Ball, which I used for Minccino too and there's no similar animation with her. I'm sure the green sparkle is entirely related to Scolipede.

BTW, in Castelia City I met this clown in one of the buildings who said "My name's Mr. Lock. I have a feeling I'll be seeing you again.", or something to that effect. Anyone know what this is about?
He's the dude who opens the Lock Capsule. Am I wrong in assuming this is going to be one of those "...OH YEAH! *facepalm*" moments? XP

No, the Scolipede animation has nothing to do with the Pokéball. I caught it with a Great Ball, which I used for Minccino too and there's no similar animation with her. I'm sure the green sparkle is entirely related to Scolipede.

does it have a little red star on it's profile? which sprite does it have:

Spr_5b_545.png
or
Spr_5b_545_s.png

the one on the right is a shiny pokemon - if so congrats dude

This a newbish question but where is the first poke center you can use the union room.

You can use the Union Room after you get the C-Gear from Fennel in Striaton City (which requires you to get the Trio Badge and save a Munna in the Dreamyard first).

How do I activate the Tornadus/Thundurus roaming?

Listen to an old woman's story in a house somewhere on Route 7. Tornadus/Thundurus will then briefly appear in front of you once you leave the house.

How do I activate the Tornadus/Thundurus roaming?
Go to Route 7, and it should be stormy. Go along the wooden bits, and you'll come to a house where if you stand outside, and old lady will pull you into her house and talk about the legend. You leave, and it appears.

Minimiscience said:
Assuming that learning moves works the same way as in every other generation, Pignite will not try to learn Arm Thrust if you evolve it after level 17. However, if you do evolve it at a higher level, you can still take it to the move relearner in Mistralton (née Fukiyose) City to make it learn Arm Thrust at the cost of a Heart Scale. (Note that it won't be able to "relearn" Arm Thrust if it's still a Tepig at this point.)

Thanks for the help in the other thread Minimi, I truly appreciate it.

X-Scizor said:
If you trade your Pignite to me I will teach it brick break so you can have fighting STAB. TM's have infinite uses in this game and I wouldn't mind.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm just gonna keep pressing on for now! I plan to do a more involved training of a more EV precise Tepig later anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom