• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Black and White Strategy Guide to come in two editions

I'm very glad I pre-ordered the collectors edition now that I know what it all contains. Yes, $29.99 might seam a little high, but if I was to get both vol 1 and vol 2 of the regular editions at $19.99 each that would be 39.98.

EDIT: Ok, so I thought about it and I might just have to get vol 2 depending what else may be included in it.

Last edited:
Hmmm. If I can find it when it's released I'll grab a copy. I didn't hear a thing about it when I pre-ordered White at EB Games on the weekend.

I usually get them, although this time, I'm just gonna get the regular edition. Don't need the big expensive thing.

Well, I'll probably get both. I'll actually use the normal guide and just hang on to the collector's edition because I'm a complete and total freak. Gah, being a collector can be such a pain in the skidplate, I tell you.

I will be so broke in March it isn't even funny. :bawl:

You would think with the Internet becoming such a... "popular" - for lack of a better term - source for video game walkthroughs, one would think Nintendo would try to strike a better deal with their customers, instead of ripping them off...

Well, I'll probably get both. I'll actually use the normal guide and just hang on to the collector's edition because I'm a complete and total freak. Gah, being a collector can be such a pain in the skidplate, I tell you.

I will be so broke in March it isn't even funny. :bawl:

At least you're not a car collector :lol:

But really, the guide ins't terribly expensive. The price of print materials (like books and newspapers) have been steadily rising for a while now. 19.99 is the average price for a game guide, and 29.99 isn't bad for some double the content.

I'm getting the Collector's Edition! If you translate it to my currency, it's not that expensive.

You would think with the Internet becoming such a... "popular" - for lack of a better term - source for video game walkthroughs, one would think Nintendo would try to strike a better deal with their customers, instead of ripping them off...

In the past you had the chance to choose between Nintendo guides and Prima guides. Nintendo guides usually were cheaper and lacked content. I guess the sales in their own guides really sucked, so Nintendo no longer makes their own guides. Prima is the main source now.

I already have the collecter's edition on pre-order and can't wait till it comes out. I hate how Prima has month long waiting period between the Walkthrough strategy guide and the Pokedex strategy guide. I just checked their official site and the Pokedex comes out on April 25th. Basically this edition cuts out the month in between Walkthrough and Pokedex guide.

On one end, they'res something oddly satisfying about looking at a physical guide for help rather than going online.

However, I don't really recall needing a guide too much during Pokemon Diamond....and the odd time I did need help I just looked quickly on serebii/bulbapedia. Usually I'm only ever looking for details on where a pokemon is found/when it evolves etc.

So I'll pass I think.

Seems neat, but I'll probably stick with the 20 dollar one than the overpriced collector's edition.

Man, Black and White just has me so stoked. I hope it gets good game reviews, too.

I don't see the point in selling the main game guide and selling post game as a different guide. They started that dumb shit with HGSS and it looks they will be continuing it.

Guide books tend to suck. The internet generally has information guide books don't cover.

yeah, but guide books have pictures! :-D

I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

Do you think the collecter's edition will include attack and ability information or will they be saving that for the 2nd volume.

Will buy collector's edition if I'm able to just not spend any money at all in February. Otherwise just the basic. How would I live without game guides? That's a scary idea.

no real point to the physical guides anymore unless you don't have internet or are a collector.
They're useful when you don't have a computer in your room.
Plus I like to know how to do things ahead of time, and, the dex is going to have Sugimori's art in it, so it's worth it. :p

I'm always a sucker for anything that has a collectable value to it :p, and I always like to have a physical guide for quick reference if I don't have my computer or phone nearby.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom