• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Bug Mafia-ENDGAME-MAFIA AND INDEPENDENT WIN!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bug Mafia-Day Four-Bit off more than you could chew.

Reading through, the only person I found suspicious was The Peaceful Giraffe. She wanted to vote for Zima and awful lot. But she's new, so it might be justified. Hm...

VOTE: CrackFox

Because why the hell not.

Well, in my defense, she was acting very weird and being inactive, I figured if we lynched her we had a good chance of hitting Mafia.

I don't think I have acted weird. The situation is kinda weird and I can't pretend to understand it myself, also I don't think I have been inactive, the thread has been moving very slowly in general and what else can I say that I haven't already.

I did state that I found out important info on a certain player but i've decided it's not in my right to out it as it would essentially ruin the game for that player if I did and it would be kind of a sh*tty thing to do to them.

Reading through, the only person I found suspicious was The Peaceful Giraffe. She wanted to vote for Zima and awful lot. But she's new, so it might be justified. Hm...

Because why the hell not.

Well, in my defense, she was acting very weird and being inactive, I figured if we lynched her we had a good chance of hitting Mafia.

I don't think I have acted weird. The situation is kinda weird and I can't pretend to understand it myself, also I don't think I have been inactive, the thread has been moving very slowly in general and what else can I say that I haven't already.

I did state that I found out important info on a certain player but i've decided it's not in my right to out it as it would essentially ruin the game for that player if I did and it would be kind of a sh*tty thing to do to them.
@CrackFox; I was talking about Zima, not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The citizens surrounded their fellow citizen. "She was useless, time to die!" They yelled as they killed her.

Scholar said:
Dear CrackFox,

You are a Tailless Whip Scorpion AKA Amblypygi AKA Whip Spider:

tailless-whip-scorpion.jpg

You despite your name do not produce webbing or poison, and don't really attack unless provoke. However you do produce an acidic enzyme and have pointy things called pedipalps which you can use to grab onto humans thus causing thorn like puncture injuries.

Because you are less harmless than spiders and scorpions you are one time lynch proof. This activates automatically. You are also not seen as a threat to the insects, and thus you are the godfather. If checked by a cop you will come up as being aligned with the insects.

You are allied with the arachnids. You win when your numbers are equal to or greater than the insects.

CrackFox was lynched. She was aligned with the arachnids.

It is now Night 4. This Phase will end tomorrow night.

Vote:CrackFox

This will prove if the cop claim was correct or not and help us figure out where to go from here.

Been reading up on what I missed, and this stands out. Are you saying the cop checked Crackfox and got a guilty? Wouldn't that be weird since CF's ability is part godfather?

Wow, either the Cop lied about their check or they're not a Cop at all. If the Cop checked her and decided to lie saying they got Mafia on her to risk it thinking she was the Godfather, then good job honestly, although this makes me feel sorry for the Mafia, especially Crackfox to see it go down like that. i once faked that the cop got a mafia report on somebody on the dr mafia and that was hella awesome because they then admitted it too but this would beat it

Ohh yeah, and with her being the godfather that would explain the FT, I guess it gave her the benefit of being referred to as an ally.

Been reading up on what I missed, and this stands out. Are you saying the cop checked Crackfox and got a guilty? Wouldn't that be weird since CF's ability is part godfather?

SilverGlitch said earlier in thread that the Cop told them they got a guilty on Crackfox. Yeah it's really weird, the only time I saw such a thing happen was in a Mafia game here a year ago, but that was a Mafia member fakeclaiming Cop saying they got a Mafia result on their Godfather partner for whatever dumb reason.

Ok this is really good but weird in the same process. Great that we got the hit, but bizarre that a cop would find there Godfather.
@SilverGlitch; have they said anything else to you?

Well, that's quite curious. We were pretty lucky.

Might as well; Did anyone Roleblock Crackfox or frame her to come up as Mafia no matter what in Night 2?

Mad weird. Either someone was acting like the cop because they know something else, or something weird happened. Well, you won't see me complaining either way.

Well now you know that I was partly telling the truth. No idea why this person got a guilty check on me but oh well.

Thanks for letting me play Scholar. It was fun even though I can't stand mafia roles anymore

This is really strange. I mean, maybe the cop got something incriminating on CrackFox and decided to say they got a mafia check on her just to get her out in the potential she was godfather? Either way, this is something that needs to be looked into.

Momoka, are you suggesting that it may have been a flavor cop, then?

The busy bee flew around the night, searching for his enemies, and oh did he find them....of course not in the way he had hoped. He had not paid attention as he flew and he flew right into their trap, a web, helpless as the blood was sucked from his fluffy body.

Scholar said:
Dear Pokemaster97,

You are a Bee:

European_honey_bee_extracts_nectar.jpg

Wow you jerk....wait wrong Bee.

You are the black and yellow insect that stings people. Ouch. You lose your stinger after one time of stining, and not the best for people to be allergic to. You serve a female bee, the Queen Bee, by collecting pollen from flowers and making honey in the hive. You have also been the star of a movie called....The Bee Movie...I think that was the name. Anyways you are actually cute and fluffy.

Anyways because you hide out collecting pollen from flowers all day and fly around and stuff, you are the cop. At night PM me Check: Player and come day time you will receive their alignment.

You are allied withe the insects and win when all arachnids have been eliminated.

HIDDEN ABILITY: Due to being a servant to a queen, you are helpless away from her outside of collecting pollen. Thus only one of every four checks will show up as they should.

Pokemaster97 was killed. He was aligned with the insects.

It is now Day 5. This Phase will end when majority votes are reached or Tuesday night when I finally won't have work to make me lazy.

Re: Bug Mafia-Day Five-LIES!!!

Well, that makes sense. I wonder if any of his checks came up correctly.

@SilverGlitch; you said the cop contacted you (I'm assuming you meant pokemaster by that), any other checks he told you about?

I was afraid this would happen, but with the 3/4 chance of getting a check wrong we could have led a mislynch on a Town member this phase, so it's not all bad? At least we got rid of a 1x Lynchproof Godfather with it. for some reason that's kind of funny to me

@SilverGlitch; you said the cop contacted you (I'm assuming you meant pokemaster by that), any other checks he told you about?

Pokemaster97 told me he checked SilverGlitch Night 1 and Crackfox Night 2, forgetting to check anybody Night 3. He was also about to check Nytie this Night, but ended up being killed. How did I know that Pokemaster97 was the Cop? SilverGlitch outed who he was in an alliance QT without his permission, which helps lead to this:

VOTE: SilverGlitch

As for my vote....VOTE: SilverGlitch
Because why not, I can't get any scum reads right now. At all. But I do want to say something here, Dark Chocolate, do you truly belive Togekissed is mafia?

If you don't, then that vote is highly scummy, voting for another person to save yourself, even if you don't think they're scum. That is my reason for:
FoS: Dark Chocolate. I'd like you to talk about that vote.
However, I can't put my actual finger of voting on anyone yet.

>Votes himself(? ? ?? ??? ??)
>Says he doesn't have any suspicions
>Later says his finger of suspicion is on Dark Chocolate

There isn't really any commitment in this post, it comes off more to me like as if he's playing waaayy too safe, and this is the kind of thing Mafia does sometimes when they give opinions about their partners, they don't act committed at all and slightly pressure them without endangering them too much. That way if either one of them flips, they would have something to distance themselves away from to appear "clear" when somebody reads the thread and decides who is Town or who isn't. Him saying the vote was highly scummy and not voting her is something that shows how he's not really committed to it. If he voted her she would be in risk of being lynched too.

I don't know if Togekissed is mafia yet. I just voted to tie the votes. For now, it seems unnecessary to keep my vote on someone I don't suspect. I'll unvote.

Unvote: Togekissed
Thank you for not being a total jerk like your avatar.
Un-FoS: Dark Chocolate

I don't have any mafia reads at the moment.

He's saying he doesn't have any Mafia reads after Un-FoSing Dark Chocolate, despite the fact he straight up said earlier that he didn't have before either, confuses me as to whether he had any Mafia reads on her or not. He's again not being clear or committed, he quickly FoS'd Dark Chocolate without giving her a chance to unvote, and quickly UnFos'd her after he pretty much told her it would be highly scummy and she would be suspected if she kept her vote.

Also, it's kind of strange to me that he earlier said he sucked at making arguments to try to excuse if anything he says didn't make sense, yet his argument about Togekissed seemed pretty well rounded to me and made sense and showed enough skill to be able to do the same.

I guess that I shouldn't be claiming right now... And this is kind of dumb for me to be claiming now, but it doesn't mean much to mafia, I'm also a vanilla. Don't want to mislead anyone.

This claim ticked me off a bit before, and it does now more knowing it's seriously his claim and not trying to hide a power role he might have. It was pointless, and would have just given the Mafia more information. I still don't understand how he thought that others would be mislead because I flipped up to be Vanilla before, and how it would be helpful to claim it before anyone was actually "mislead" from anything. I also got another Vanilla claim too from somebody.

Well if other people think that he is scum, I might as well.

>Gets told by our Cop that they got a Mafia check on somebody
>Asks for counter claims
>Outs it but doesn't vote at first until others vote

He's not even committed to following a claimed Mafia check on somebody.

This is going only by what's in thread, but I think what's in the Alliance QT is interesting as well to post too.

100% Not SilverGlitch
01-05-2014
07:12 PM ET (US)
God, QT is weird, are double posts allowed?

The last post said, in other words, do you guys trust the cop claim enough to tell him about the alliance?

EDIT: I deleted it because I thought I could go back and edit the first post to add this to it.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Oh, I looked at the cop's PM and he said he did contact Zima. He says that if he gets nightkilled, then he thinks you would've done it because he claimed to you.Edited 01-05-2014 07:20 PM

HumanPerson was signed in when posted
01-06-2014
04:44 AM ET (US)
EDIT
DELETE
Sorry for not answering the other stuff, I was in a bit of a hurry. Yes you can double post here but forum rules regarding conduct still apply here. Yeah, you can tell them of this alliance. I recommend you link them this QT to see what we're saying, they don't need to post here. Also as a safety measure I'd recommend the Cop gets protected by Zima, unless you really think they won't be killed.

FYI: Me pointing Zima should use her protection on Pokemaster97 could be why she died instead of him.

After pretty much recommending for him to do what he asked if he should do or not, he does this:

100% Not SilverGlitch
01-07-2014
03:11 PM ET (US)
I will truthfully claim that I am not the cop and that I am, as I claimed a Vanilla.
Me and Zima know who the supposed cop is indeed. It is Pokemaster97. IF HE GETS NIGHTKILLED TODAY OR TOMMOROW NIGHT I WILL HAVE SUSPICIONS ON YOU GUYS
#3 I am scared. I am afraid mafia may suspect I am cop, but I'm not.
#4 And....that one guy is trying to start a bandwagon on me...AT NIGHT. (that was also his first post!) CF only wasn't lynched T_T no one said she flipped town, jeez.
#5 Peaceful Girrafe, did you read my post, I said Zima also knows who the cop was in my first post.
#6 Regarding CF not being lynched, in the FT it states one person changed all of their minds.
Really can't tell what sort of role that would be, maybe a doc/godfather role? But aren't doctors on mafia extremely unfair? I'm drawing a huge blank, and for that I'm sorry.
#7 I believe that I will die tonight or tomorrow, due to mafia and town suspicion. I don't think I can post in QT's after I'm dead.
Edit: #8 regarding post #12, I can understand the death proof part but the FT just cancels that out.Edited 01-07-2014 09:45 PM

Turns out, he didn't tell Pokemaster97 about the QT when we expected he would for whatever reason, and instead told all of us without his permission not knowing about the existence of the alliance who the Cop was. That still made no sense to me, and I found it suspicious, but decided not to point it out because I didn't think it was worth to at that time. What he did would benefit the Mafia the most if he's really one, with more people knowing who the Cop is, he could safely get Zima who claimed to be the JOAT in the QT too to be killed without raising much suspicion that the Mafia has access to the QT, and there would be more suspects too.

I honestly still can't think of why he'd just out the Cop like that without their permission if he really were Town or make any sense of it, it would make the most sense for anyone to do if they were Mafia trying to potentially make a group of people suspect each other. Zima had died, so if the Cop gets killed like he'd want if he were Mafia, he'd naturally want more people to know who the Cop was so he wouldn't be heavily suspected to be Mafia for being the only known one to know who the Cop was. I also still don't understand why he was so afraid of being Nightkilled that he'd be killed because the Mafia might think he was the Cop when obviously from how Scholar ended up yelling at him to share all private conversations he wasn't as I already explained as well in thread. He was really overreacting over one vote and that he was going to get killed when he didn't actually do anything to warrant it. Reading it, it sounded like an act.

Plus, with him coming up as Town in the check, there's a 75% chance that it's inaccurate and that he's actually Mafia. It's true that odds could be misleading, but with his recent behaviour I'd say that the check is very likely inaccurate.

Last edited:

Ok this is all very complicated, but I think I get it. There is one thing though, why would Silverglitch kill pokemaster? I mean after the whole crackfox scenario he must've realised pokemaster's checks were stunted and that if he were to kill pokemaster he'd be obviously mafia. The only reason I can think of is someone else coming up with the idea as well and Silverglitch considering himself doomed anyway because that'd mean he'd basically have a guilty check on him. It's not really a smart move imo but I can see why others might do this. Of course if he's not mafia it could also mean a mafioso in that alliance came up with the idea and knew how guilty pokemaster's death would make silverglitch look and is currently framing him. Ok did any of this make sense because my head hurts trying to encompass this and I'm actually not sure anymore. x)

Ok anyway since both motives are viable it again all comes down to the very basic 75% - 25% mafia - town ratio, with all of human's argumenst to silverglitch's suspicious behaviour on top of that.

vote: silverglitch

Ok this is all very complicated, but I think I get it. There is one thing though, why would Silverglitch kill pokemaster? I mean after the whole crackfox scenario he must've realised pokemaster's checks were stunted and that if he were to kill pokemaster he'd be obviously mafia.

i actually spent small periods of the day thinking it through

I had actually thought about that possibility before, but with SilverGlitch being new I thought that he wouldn't know about hidden abilities, and that if they were stunted, someone might have been doing it. Plus, Pokemaster97 claimed Cop without any counterclaims and got a Mafia member lynched, they were pretty much confirmed and a potential threat to them. Meh, like I said it was sort of good that Pokemaster97 got killed because of his 1/4 chance of accurate checks that could have made some mislynches, but the Mafia probably didn't figure it worked like that.

The only reason I can think of is someone else coming up with the idea as well and Silverglitch considering himself doomed anyway because that'd mean he'd basically have a guilty check on him. It's not really a smart move imo but I can see why others might do this. Of course if he's not mafia it could also mean a mafioso in that alliance came up with the idea and knew how guilty pokemaster's death would make silverglitch look and is currently framing him. Ok did any of this make sense because my head hurts trying to encompass this and I'm actually not sure anymore. x)

Yeah it did x).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom