• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Build-It: Video Game Edition [ENDGAME]

A tie in votes results in a no-lynch
Important note. Makes bussing less dangerous for mafia since they’re good if they can tie the votes.
60 hour phase wow.

So if I understand the rules correctly Mafia can get town abilities from blueprints right? So claims are less important here, and currently everyone should be vanilla anyway (maybe Mafia or an indep start with a role?). Reads are gonna be very important this game, so make sure we’re all keeping a close eye on interactions everyone!
Considering his push about Pokémon Center this a direct contradiction.
I'm not too sure about that one. But if it's easier for everyone else, I'm happy to have it be shorter.
I quoted this because another post in a moment and because it’s neutral. Neutral is a good classic move to avoid taking blame for actions. Or to allow for backtracking. Call me old fashioned but neutral posts are scummy.
Anyone you'd like to vote for, Mr Stinger?
Interacting with stinger directly. I’ve been mafia with Jamie a lot. He distances by interacting and arguing with his scum mates.
Hey, I was against it at first. But everyone seems to hate D1.
This post screams “look at me. I didn’t agree” when in reality he was neutral. I believe he was pocketing EXlight since D1.
This point was recently made against me in a ZD game actually lmao. No, I always try and get info out ASAP because Bulba is fluff city so I want to try and steer conversations onto more relevant topics ASAP with things I have worked out from the rules.
Pretty sure said game was on where he was mafia. He can correct me if I’m wrong.
I didn't like the reaction to me asking for his thoughts either. Never once did I specify that it had to be between the two we'd voted for. It just kinda felt like he didn't want to step on anyone's toes by voting them.
Unvote
Vote: Stinger

Also, as Ex said the rolefishing was a bit weird too, after I'd already said people shouldn't reveal having a blueprint he pushes for me to claim if I have one. It feels like he thought I was under pressure from the vote on me and wanted to scout out for scum what roles town could have.
This was only the second vote on stinger and thus and easy tie to make himself look good down the line but not lose a buddy D1. Plus stinger was scummy af with asking about blueprints. It was a matter of time for him. No one in their right mind would defend that.
Jamieisbored: Him voting me after Exlight did could be him trying to push a wagon away from him, but I don't have too much confidence that he's scum, I'd say I feel about 25%.
Thought I would note stingers read on Jamie. It feels forced. Jamie was in no danger, but this acts like they were head to head.
No Lynch has occurred.
Shocker. The mafia tied the votes.

Urgghhh, I’m back. Got a little bit soggy.
Why choose ExLight for your protective all game? And who did you protect last night?
Ex pushed Stinger with me and I had a post a while back covering my reasoning for town reading him. I protected Caps because I thought scum might try and outwit me by killing in the POE. I thought Arkham might have been cop or something.
What kind of statuses does your status heal cover?
Lemme have a look. Arso burns (burn heal), Silences (awakening), roleblocks (freeze heal/paralyze heal), poisonings (antidote). I could have saved Mido if I’d have status healed her in the night but I had no real reason to.
What actions or behavior did the other person do / have in the previous phases that you would say was scummy?
Mido did a classic Mido moment and bussed her teammate D2. Her push on him was that he was an indep and unlike myself she didn’t keep pushing him in thread. She was the last vote on Mudkipz and she also has had a lack of solving the whole game (granted she’s been busy).
Doesn’t seem dangerous except for the fact he has been obsessively, this phase especially, pushing the idea that Pokémon Center is a town clear
No I haven’t! Read my posts, my defense is that the role would look better to give to a scum teammate because a Pokémon centre looks townier than silent hill. Silent Hill is evil, a Pokémon centre is not. Stop twisting my words Mido.
Interacting with stinger directly. I’ve been mafia with Jamie a lot. He distances by interacting and arguing with his scum mates.
I only do that with you. :bulbaLove:
Pretty sure said game was on where he was mafia. He can correct me if I’m wrong.
Nope, I was town Roleblocker.

No I haven’t! Read my posts, my defense is that the role would look better to give to a scum teammate because a Pokémon centre looks townier than silent hill. Silent Hill is evil, a Pokémon centre is not. Stop twisting my words Mido.
Yes but the same could be said if you're mafia and you just ended up with the Center yourself and built it.

Bus Driver, but the way it works doesn't seem like it would be useful imo to use alongside an NL today. It doesn't redirect factional kills, and both players have to be using an ability for it to work properly.

Also, where is your mind at right now? I did a quick ISO and I am a bit set on leaning one direction but I want to hear where you're at, now that you've been able to converse with Mido.

The tinfoil is of course that I misinterpreted how Calvin said his jailer works & you've just played a good game. But if you were mafia here, I think you'd be more willing to kinda sit back & let the three of us drag things out after being "cleared." So I'm pretty confident you're town.
In the early part of this phase, I was leaning Mido, but after asking some of the questions and seeing both of their defenses, I'm leaning Jamie at the moment.

There's a particular part in Mido's ISO that I think is important for deciding.

So looks like blueprints don’t build immediately.

oh I'm stupid we can do it during the day

also
whoever is scum I'm a bit disappointed at yall throwing stinger under the bus like that when you could've easily tried to push into another direction

This post stinks. It’s forced and unnecessary. Also don’t like how it pushes the idea that stinger was bussed.

@Calvinッ Canbluepribts be built during the day?

First three posts are consecutive posts that occur immediately after Stormy was voted out. From Mido's initial post here, it implies that she thought the blueprints were built at night, but only would be completed at the start of the next night. The second post by ExLight tells us that he realized blueprints could be built during the day.

The fourth post here quotes ExLight's second post, which means Mido must have seen ExLight's realization post. So it's either (a) Mido missed ExLight's realization, (b) the post was somewhat ambiguous in its meaning, or (c) Mido is scum and knew all along that blueprints could be built during the day. The final post then shows Mido asking if blueprints can be built during the day.

My interpretation of this is that it appears genuine, but it can definitely be a faked reaction, so I'm not sure if it's within her scum range to act unaware like this.

I've been thinking about a no elim; let scum try to make a kill in the night, give Jamie a shot to prove his status heal against Divergent. Unless the burn means that Divergent is going to die before that would happen. And the worst case is that Jamie is scum, Divergent dies and Jamie shoots me and we lose.
Going back to this, I received a response from my question asking what burning does and the host told me that he couldn't say what it does, so I think we have to vote this phase because it might be a slow killing action.

In the early part of this phase, I was leaning Mido, but after asking some of the questions and seeing both of their defenses, I'm leaning Jamie at the moment.
Well, glad we are on the same page at least.

The fourth post here quotes ExLight's second post, which means Mido must have seen ExLight's realization post. So it's either (a) Mido missed ExLight's realization, (b) the post was somewhat ambiguous in its meaning, or (c) Mido is scum and knew all along that blueprints could be built during the day. The final post then shows Mido asking if blueprints can be built during the day.

My interpretation of this is that it appears genuine, but it can definitely be a faked reaction, so I'm not sure if it's within her scum range to act unaware like this.
I see where you're going with this, but it seems like a genuine realization to me. Mido has been particularly not very active this game in general so I can see where she could miss something easy like that. It's more NAI than anything.

For me, the crux of it comes down to two things, because the two of them really are so similar:
  • I went back and looked at the snaffu with the Silencer mistake, and it seems pretty clear that Calvin says that post was in fact a mistake, so I don't think Mido's lying about being silenced. Occam's razor here says that Mafia probably silenced her and she's town. Granted, we're in a different sort of game & all that, where town players can build buildings that have traditionally mafia-aligned roles & vice versa (very clear with the Jamie WIFOM stuff). But I don't see town using a silencer even if they built a building that has it. If you did, shame on you, that was an anti-town thing to do & learn from it and don't do it again lmao.
  • Jamie has been very towny all game, this is true. But. I think Jamie appears more towny than he actually is. Stuff like votal analysis is good & towny, but in a game like this where the votals don't really matter as much it comes off more as CWAC more than anything else. Especially now that he's been doing it deep into the game.

My last reason is that Jamie really pushed the Lissi elim HAAAARD. If he's mafia, he thinks it's town that he's pushing (he doesn't know she's indep) so it feels like a really easy thing to push to get an easy miselim.

Going back to this, I received a response from my question asking what burning does and the host told me that he couldn't say what it does, so I think we have to vote this phase because it might be a slow killing action.
That's what I'm thinking too. Covers the bases in case we miselim today.

This post screams “look at me. I didn’t agree” when in reality he was neutral. I believe he was pocketing EXlight since D1.
Jamie responded to the first point that he only does this with you. Do you agree or disagree on this?

If Jamie was pocketing ExLight, then why not bring him to endgame instead of killing him last phase?

Lemme have a look. Arso burns (burn heal), Silences (awakening), roleblocks (freeze heal/paralyze heal), poisonings (antidote). I could have saved Mido if I’d have status healed her in the night but I had no real reason to.
Arso burns? Are you of the opinion that this burning is something functioning like an arsonist-esque role?

Also, does the status heal always take effect the night after?

If Jamie was pocketing ExLight, then why not bring him to endgame instead of killing him last phase?
FWIW I always make sure to kill my pockets lategame. Better to kill them before they turn on you than risk that at all.

I see where you're going with this, but it seems like a genuine realization to me. Mido has been particularly not very active this game in general so I can see where she could miss something easy like that. It's more NAI than anything.
  • I went back and looked at the snaffu with the Silencer mistake, and it seems pretty clear that Calvin says that post was in fact a mistake, so I don't think Mido's lying about being silenced. Occam's razor here says that Mafia probably silenced her and she's town. Granted, we're in a different sort of game & all that, where town players can build buildings that have traditionally mafia-aligned roles & vice versa (very clear with the Jamie WIFOM stuff). But I don't see town using a silencer even if they built a building that has it. If you did, shame on you, that was an anti-town thing to do & learn from it and don't do it again lmao.
Yeah, I agree with you on the first part of the post.

And on the bulleted point, if Mido were mafia, I also believe that it's counter-intuitive to silence herself in this game in particular because results-wise, it seemed to put her deeper into the PoE.

This makes me think my scumlean on mudkipz might be right, then, actually.

If you want that in a lovely list:
Town
Jamie

Mido
Ex
Othinus
Quas

Divergent
Guz
Caps

Neutral: Toast, Mao

Lissi
Mudkipz
Scum
@TheCapsFan
This is the same night after Stormy was voted out. You made the post about having a scumlean on Mudkipz, but at this point hadn't substantiated it yet. Three posts after that, Jamie does votals and then has Mudkipz on the bottom. What's your thoughts on this?

It initially made me think he was town, but he then spends the next phase voting Mao and then doesn't follow through with that suspicion, and then only votes Mudkipz once it's clear that the direction of the votes wasn't going to change.

Arso burns? Are you of the opinion that this burning is something functioning like an arsonist-esque role?

Also, does the status heal always take effect the night after?
Could be, that’s what I would associate with burning.

It will take effect immediately. So if I had targeted Mido with it on the night she was silenced it wouldn’t have happened.

Technically my answer to this is WIFOM. But I don’t derp clear. By that I mean I don’t fake not knowing stuff as both mafia and town. Very anti doing that. So if I question something it’s legit. NAI most likely, but legit.
Just because someone is pocketing someone doesn’t mean that the pocketed person will mindlessly follow them.
Jamie responded to the first point that he only does this with you. Do you agree or disagree on this?
Disagree. Pure WIFOM. In fact I think one of his first games had him bus teammates. Also he and I were mafia in a game on ZD and he played the distancing act on there with our other teammate.

@TheCapsFan
This is the same night after Stormy was voted out. You made the post about having a scumlean on Mudkipz, but at this point hadn't substantiated it yet. Three posts after that, Jamie does votals and then has Mudkipz on the bottom. What's your thoughts on this?

It initially made me think he was town, but he then spends the next phase voting Mao and then doesn't follow through with that suspicion, and then only votes Mudkipz once it's clear that the direction of the votes wasn't going to change.

I followed that post back & checked the train of thought on D3 and this post in particular stood out to me:

Not trying to mean, but that’s not a good argument. Mudkipz is only 2 posts behind Divergent and has more posts than the currently alive: Caps, Othinus, Toast and Mao. I know I’m voting Mao so this is gonna sound hypocritical, but voting for inactivity D3 isn’t a great idea.

If you’re able to, you should try to iso her posts and see which are game relevant and which come off wrong. Then make your judgment based off her interactions with others. I will leave it in your capable hands if you wish to try it.
This is said towards lissi, a push against voting Mudkipz.

Y’all are making me feel left out :sadsola:
Unvote
Vote: Mudkipz

And then he doesn't mention Mudkipz again until he votes them.

I swapped to Mudkupz after seeing a good case yes.

Back
Top Bottom