• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbacast is restarting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in participating, but here's some advice:

Spend less time ranting about Misty, please? :p

Having listened to those old Bulbacasts lately, its absolutely ridiculous how people kept on claiming she was going to make a return to the DP series, or how she was somehow "more important" to the franchise than the other two girls.

For a character that's now in less than half the shows total episodes, I find it absurd how the old cast kept ranting about how important she was, and how she was more vital to the series than either of the two girls who came after her. Again having listened to those old casts lately, the prediction about Misty was so totally wrong I don't even understand why you guys spent so much time on it.

Other than that I hope the new Bulbacast is fun and I look forward to it!

The man speaks truths. You guys have potential, but please, for the love that is all humane and good, tone down on your anime rantings in your new podcast. You guys have the potential to be as good as WTPT (the current popular Pokemon podcast). Study on their podcasts and learn from it. You'll see that they do anime rantings once in a while, but they don't make their entire podcast series based on it. The reason why I say you guys got the potential is because you clearly have the knowledge and resources of the Pokemon franchise in general, ESPECIALLY where it counts the most (Video games and TCG), which is something they falter over on several occasions.

I look foward to your final product.

... oh, and I guess I got Skype and a mic and I could lend services as well, but i see a lot of people have put in their applications. But just for the heck of it, I can give free time on either Monday from 5pm-2am or Wednesday from 5pm-8pm. I may be able to free time on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 9pm-2am, but it depends (All of these times are converted to GMT, per your request). My knowledge on stuff is obviously with the games and TCG. Anime I keep up with from time to time, but I'm not necessarily into it.

If it helps any, I have experience with the video game tournaments in the states. I won one of the multiple brackets they had for rocks america 05, and participated in Journey Acrosss America 06, along with winning one of the local Gamestop tournaments (Which, surprisingly, wasn't runned TOO badly, unlike the gazillion other locations). I also have experience with some of the TCG events, though I'm still fairly newbish at it. I recently participated in States, and Im hoping to attend Regionals and Nationals soon.

Last edited:
Wow, this sounds really awesome, and I'd love to be a part of it ;D Glad to see this has finally come back.

I'm usually free all weekend, from about Friday at 7:00 pm here (1:00 am GMT) 'til about 7:00 pm on Sunday (1:00 am GMT), so that's a pretty big chunk of time I can devote. I also don't have a problem with waking up early/staying up late (even on weekends).

I'd love to be some sort of critic, whether it be about new episodes of the anime and/or the video games. I've never read the manga, and it's been a while since I've played the TCG, so those are probably my weakest areas, but I'd love to be able to help out in any way I can!

Wow, this sounds really awesome, and I'd love to be a part of it ;D Glad to see this has finally come back.

I'm usually free all weekend, from about Friday at 7:00 pm here (1:00 am GMT) 'til about 7:00 pm on Sunday (1:00 am GMT), so that's a pretty big chunk of time I can devote. I also don't have a problem with waking up early/staying up late (even on weekends).

I'd love to be some sort of critic, whether it be about new episodes of the anime and/or the video games. I've never read the manga, and it's been a while since I've played the TCG, so those are probably my weakest areas, but I'd love to be able to help out in any way I can!

Same here actually, strong in video game/anime section, weaker in TCG and manga. Would that affect which groups we are put in?

Oh, and I dont really know if this is irrelevant and doesnt belong on this board (Im sorry if its not!), but on the top (navigation bar), under Bulbagarden, the link to Bulbacast doesnt work.

I know this doesn't help much, but when do you guys plan on restarting the Cast? Also, I have a few questions about downloading it when it comes back up. I have a Sansa Fuze (by Sandisk). How do you sugest I dl it? Can I still use iTunes, or would that lock it only to ipods?

I would love to come back and throw my 2 cents into BC again. Been hoping for it to come back for a long time now. I would love if it were possible for me to do the chat some time between like 3ish and 6ish EST mon-fri, which i guess would be 8-11ish GMT. I get that that very well may not work out well being that it's weekdays, and I would also be able to do it like late night fridays and saturdays like we did in the past. As for if you care at all for like an area of expertise or whatever, i would say definitely more in vein of anime/games. So pumped for this to come back and be better than ever.

Also, do you know how these generally work? Sorry for not knowing much.

In the past, everyone would meet up in the #bulbacast channel on i think systemnet (correct me if i'm wrong), just as a way to organize everyone. I just know from the call in perspective, but I would be invited into a chat on Skype with all of the other mains in the cast. In the chat it would simply be more organizational stuff, and then finally they would get me in on the actual phone, in which I'd be able to discuss and whatnot.

I figured this would be the best place to post some questions, but if it's not feel free to correct me.

I was wondering, are there going to be four separate podcasts? One for each group? I would assume so, so if that's the case, are they going to be titled something like "Group C's Bulbacast," or do we come up with our own title, or is it going to be compiled all into one video? I'm sorry to ask so many stupid questions, but I wanna make sure that if I am a part of this, I'm doin' it right ;) Thanks.

No I'm pretty sure, we're going to be doing one podcast a week (i think) with every thing combined.

We're going to do short preliminary casts with each of the groups, then the Powers-That-Be will decide where to take everything from there.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that. Heh, I guess we'd better work hard to impress those "Powers", huh?

Casts always welcome guest callers, but the core group will be set by these casts. Be yourself though. That's the best way to impress.

cool all groups have been decided now? i only just found out as every time i have tried to get into bulbagarden in the last few days the server has been too busy

Hi

Although i dont have th requirements, i just wanted to make a suggestion how to expand bulbapedia, by making a youtube account

i may be wrong but i notice you dojnt have one

it may be good if yu make one and you could get more members and more help

just a thought

I will make a thread if anybody is interested

I'm wanting to do Bulbacast. Ok, I don't hang around here much. Usually hang around the Serebii Game and Tech Help Threads, under the same name. Chances are I will do here, too.

But I do have Podcasting experience, and as a Phone in. I appeared for 3 of the 5 parts of Erk Pod Round table 12. I'd admit I'm pretty quiet there. I was tired when they recorded, (It is about 6 hours long, and I don't say much in partly as I didn't have much to say, and I had just finished work, as a Package sorter on the Busiest day of the year.)

I will appear in Murder at Avedon Hill episode 41, which is a Podcast Novel/Serialized Audio Book. (I'm actually one of the "chorus.") This Method of Podcasting is nothing like Bulbacast or Erk Pod. I basically recoded my lines and someone takes them in and edits them. This Book will not be found the Children Section.

Whist I do own "Podcasting For Dummies (2nd Edition) by Evo Terra, Chuck Tomasi and Tee Morris." And have both Evo and Tee on Twitter (Nope, I ain't joking. Actually, they recommended me to do something like this!)

I am interested but I'd most likely become a guest cast member. So that probably means I won't be on all the time.

Anytime from 5-11 -6GMT on Saturdays is great for me.

sounds intresting, i want to join! got mic, skype and free time on fridays from 10pm to 11:30pm GMT
my skype is: goldenwolf952013

Last edited:
Hehehe.
Would LOVE to join, I used to guest speak for a private podcast among some friends.
I'm all for dark humor and talking excessively and bantering, so this should be super fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom