• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW020: Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!!

I was hearing new music left and right on this one. And wow, first blast off in the season! Pikachu getting elecball was something totally unexpected. Way to go!

I WANT TO SEE AN EPSIODE FOCUSED ON THE POKEMON LIKE WHEN PIPLUP AND PIKACHU GOT LOST' and ash's kanto squad and such i think we need 1 of thease before they evolve!:(

I WANT TO SEE AN EPSIODE FOCUSED ON THE POKEMON LIKE WHEN PIPLUP AND PIKACHU GOT LOST' and ash's kanto squad and such i think we need 1 of thease before they evolve!:(

Wrong thread, boy.

Anyways, great episode. I really liked how Scraggy is starting to bond with Ash. I also really liked when Scraggy was about to headbutt Sandile, but Oshawott pushed him it away.

I agree that the music doesn't have the same feeling as the older BGM, but I will admit it definitely fit the mood (And was really good too.) The rival battle theme was great, and so did the Best Wishes remix during Krokorok's evolution. I also really liked how they put in the BW Emotion theme when the Ducklett was about to "give" back the sunglasses. Reminded me of the final episode of DP when Meowth interrupted "Tears After the Cloudy Weather."

Altogether, I really liked the episode.

BW instrumental sounded really good.

That reminds me, when are we getting a new ED? I figured we'd have one by at least 025 hopefully

Well, well, well. Those ducks turned out to be a proper shower of bastards in the end. They were still adorable though. :crush:

I was pleased to see Excadrill again (finally!), however briefly. True, he did nothing and had squat to contribute to the story's progression, but just seeing the writers acknowledge his existence after all this time felt like an event within itself.

Gotta say, I don't quite get why Iris gets so trembly at the prospect of sending him out - he may be disobedient, but it's not like he's this hyperactive pokemon who loves to rampage; rather, he just lies there curled up in an inactive state for most of the time. Sure, he went medieval on that pink centipede's ass back in BW009, but only because it provoked him first (albeit accidentally).

Last edited:
If I wasn't already picking Oshawott in Black

I'd switch out Unfezant for a Swanna

Those ducks are hilarious

"Ahi..ahi..ahi...ahihihihihi!"

I hope the English dub doesn't give them new voices (oh who am I kidding? They so are...)

At some point, Iris will probably get an episode focusing on her and Excadrill... she will probably send it out and then its all curled up... then she gets enough of that and kicks him... he goes in rage and something else will happen... I dunno, but that would be interresting! Because we see him on the Movie 14 poster he will probably listen to her some... so I think we will get an episode about that in our near future... maybe it might even be that same Pendra which want revange on Excadrill and Iris gets caught by it and Excadrill saves her and then they'll get to be friends?

Well nevermind that now xD

Sure, he went medieval on that pink centipede's ass back in BW009, but only because it provoked him first (albeit accidentally).
I always read that scene as Excadrill noticing that Iris risked her life to save Kibago, which kind of motivated him to finally act since his trainer had proven herself a bit and there was a tough Pokemon on the loose...at least, that's how I see it. This time there wasn't a serious threat, so he didn't feel the need to act.

Hmmm.. I'm sueper glad Pikachu didn't forget Thunderbolt. That was my worst fear. But it's such a shame he had to lose volt tackle... :/ I mean, that was his only physical electric move, and really it was the newest move learnt AND one that was special to only pikachus. Remember Paul being impressed? Remember Pikachu's battle against latias?

& what was honestly the point of yanuppu in this ep?

Last edited:
I always read that scene as Excadrill noticing that Iris risked her life to save Kibago, which kind of motivated him to finally act since his trainer had proven herself a bit and there was a tough Pokemon on the loose...at least, that's how I see it. This time there wasn't a serious threat, so he didn't feel the need to act.

Interesting theory, but when Iris thanked him for helping her he just seemed to shrug her off and go back to sleep - to her exasperation - so I personally didn't get the impression that she'd won his respect just yet.

I have to admit, I really love Waruvile's voice, and the gituar remix of the opening, I'd love to have a listen to that sometime...

Speaking of which, Waruvile's voice actor also provides the japanese voice for Vector the Crocodile. How's that for an amusing coincidence?

Oh, and insert a computer room joke here, I suppose.

I felt sorry for the croc at the end. He just evolved and was probably feeling pretty happy about it. Then he just got blasted off. I'm sure he will return, and I hope so.

Electro Ball? I haven't played Black or White yet since I play them in English so I have never heard that move and assumed Pikachu learned Zap Cannon.:embarass: Well, I'm glad I know now.:p

It was a good ep! And I'm sure that at the end Ash will capture Waruvile just like he captured Gible! Can't wait to see it appear again and I love the sunglasses!

Did anyone notice the new episode title card music and the BW Rival Battle theme?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom