• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BW031 - The Lost Scalchop! Mijumaru's Greatest Crisis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops...I meant to say perfect Aqua Jet, not learn it. My bad. ^^'
If it doesn't, then I think it's a lost opportunity for the writers. The way this episode is set up (Mijumaru losing its Hotachi and not being able to perform Water Gun) I think is the perfect situation for Mijumaru to master it.

Ah now I see and no problem. Oshawott hasn't used Aqua Jet since that episode he learned it. Hopefully the speed would also help him have control over his Aqua Jet. I was starting to wonder if they were going to have a episode on Oshawott mastering Aqua Jet.

Pokemon Smash Preview:

Blitzles kicking attack sends the Scalchop flying, Oshawott thinks of using a badge as a replacement, Ash and Oshawott do hard training, using rocks, like carrying then and they also do sit-ups. Oshawott is sitting near a lake at night and it hits Blitzle with Tackle, pretty hard.

As seen on Pokemon Smash
- Oshawott loses his Scalchop while attling Kenyan and his Blitzle. Blitzle kicks its back legs and attacks Oshawott. (Thrash Attack?) Oshawott's Scalchop is sent flying.
- Oshawott is in tall grass looking for his Scalchop.
- Oshawott finds a bottlecap and is disappointed.
- Oshawott is sitting by himself next to a pond in the middle of the night looking sad.
- Ash promises Oshawott that they will become stronger.
- Oshawott and Ash are training together. They are carrying huge rocks on their backs, performing sit ups next to another boulder.
- Apparently Pikachu using Thunderbolt on Oshawott while he has a berry is also part of this training.
- Ash and Oshawott battle Kenyan and his Blitzle again. Oshawott is more confident without his shell and manages to damage Blitzle with Tackle.

I am assuming Oshawott will find the Joltik accidentally while searching through the tall grass. The Joltik is not seen in the Pokemon Smash preview, so we can assume that it will just be there for that one scene.

Does anybody else get Hot Matches! vibes from this episode? It certainly seems to be that way.

Well either way I can't wait to see this episode. One reason is because I want to see Ash's Oshawatt to act differently then usally, like the world's just going to go your way. Another reason is because it is right before a 4 day weekend. :banana:

Wonder whats gonna happen this episode? New Attack? Evolution? Just have to find out.

Wonder whats gonna happen this episode? New Attack? Evolution? Just have to find out.

Oshawott is not going to evolve until after the 14th films premiere in mid-July. (If it were not for the Sendai incident, this episode would have still aired a month before the films).

I don't think Oshawott is going to learn any new attacks. We would be lucky if Oshawott actually uses Aqua Jet in this episode. Oshawott appears to be strength training here.

Since this episode appears to be a rehash of Hot Matches!, it is more interesting to see exactly how Oshawott gets his Scalchop back.

Since this episode appears to be a rehash of Hot Matches!, it is more interesting to see exactly how Oshawott gets his Scalchop back.
I bet it's jammed into its forehead, and ony a clueless Audino and a human doctor can help him.

So I'm curious, does Oshawott lose the first battle, or is it postponed because it's seen running away after it's shell is sent flying.

Does anybody else get Hot Matches! vibes from this episode? It certainly seems to be that way.

Yeah, I mentioned on page 6.

I see this episode going somewhat like the Cyndaquil episode waay back in Johto. Trainer challenges Ash, battle get's interrupted some way/or Oshawott loses. It learns to cope without shell, battles person again and wins.

Last edited:
So I'm curious, does Oshawott lose the first battle, or is it postponed because it's seen running away after it's shell is sent flying.

I'm pretty sure it'll be postponed then after a day of searching for it, which would explain it being sad sitting near that lake, it would have another battle without its Scalchop.

Its essentially a filler with what I imagine is a tiny bit of development or training going on.

Best Wishes has pretty much gone on a filler streak since Ash got his third badge, not counting the Emonga eps.

Because Iris getting significant character development and backstory + Kibago mastering a skill is really filler, eh, Scott?

In regards to Mijumaru, I think it'll Take A Level in Badass, even though it getting OHKO'd on random occasions were hilarious :eek:

While Iris is getting more of a backstory; we aren't learning much about Dento's backstory. Hopefully they'll add something in soon. Doesn't that usually happen in most of the series; they have a lot of fillers before they get to the gym badge? Ash got his gym badge not too long ago. They still haven't gotten to the next city yet.

Its essentially a filler with what I imagine is a tiny bit of development or training going on.

Best Wishes has pretty much gone on a filler streak since Ash got his third badge, not counting the Emonga eps.

Like I said before Best Wishes! isn't on a filler streak and it aint "Faster Paced" either the writers have to make this show last 4 years.

Get back on topic, this is about the new episode preview, not a debate on filler trends/plot pace.

I do think Osahwott could perfect Aqua Jet so it doesn't have to rely on it's Scalchop to win and winning from just using tackle and Water Gun, I don't think that will happen, and it will make in a non-filler. An addition to the non stop filler streak so far

I think he could win with Tackle and Water Gun he's got the speed and agility too.

He must be used to Electricity taking hits from Bachuru, Pikachu, Miruhog, Emonga, and Shimama.

Yeah, but I think Aqua Jet would be a good finishing move, that or it uses Aqua Jet combined with Tackle to make it stronger, or it uses Aqua Jet then Water gun to give Blitzle that extra push so it can be defeated. Just an idea.

I'm sorry, but these are some of the cutest pictures of Oshawott that I have seen

uf73c.jpg

yuhze.jpg

sjj9g.jpg

vrnbr.jpg

Ash really being nice with Oshawott to help train it, that is so nice. Oshawott looking sad at the lake and it looking at the badge like that is cute. Which reminds me, I hope James's love for Badge returns soon and does the rock that Oshawott is carrying, resemble a large stone, Scalchop, or is that just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom