• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW037: The Fishing Sommelier - Dent Appears!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!
Continuing of their journey, the group once again runs into Bel! Right after, they hear about a fishing tournament being held by mysterious people...

Re: BW 026 "Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!" Review Thread

There needs to be a sign near water: WATCH OUT FOR RUNNING BELS.

Way to dex the Pokémon instead of saving Satoshi's life, Dento and Iris...

Desumasu's "first" battle, it also has Smokescreen. Reminds me of Matadogasu. Oh, and awesome motto again.

Edit: Oops, it's indeed Haze. In that case, it reminds me of Habunake!

Ah! Team Rocket is acting like normal humans again. What madness is this?

Huh? They seemed like their average personality less robots to me.

Wow was it obvious this episode was airing out of place. Checking to see where the next gym is, Desumasu's first battle and dexing, the obvious premiere of the jetpacks... aside from the very end it felt like I was watching an older episode. Still, there were tons of of laughs, and I really enjoyed it. :)

I kinda wonder if Junki Takegami has a thing for tentacle rape though. XD

They must have had to make the last half of that scene at the end from scratch, so you’ve got to give them props for trying to make this one fit in.
…but then again, you’ve got Ash and the gang being surprised to see Deathmas and having to ‘dex scan it so….yeah. Guess they couldn’t be arsed with that part :p

Lol @ Bel almost being dragged into the water by Pururil, to the point where Ash and Iris needed to catch her…and having that big, silly grin on her face the whole time!
I do think she should have captured it in the end, as it’s definitely a ‘mon that suits her, appearance and personality wise. Ahh well.

The "looking up a pokemon we've already seen several times before" part was the only thing that screamed "aired out of order!" to me. The rest of the episode was edited fairly well.

And yay, the Rocket trio was actually tolerable this time.

I also liked how Satoshi mentioned that he actually has been fishing before.

The episode itself was good, despite a couple of errors.

- Ash scanning James's Desumasu.
- Ash seeming like he sees Dento's special rod for the first time.

Good points
- Dento being as fabulous as always and getting screentime
- Iris getting a yellow card for catching Pokémon with her hands. (lol)
- I liked it when Pururiru grabbed the trio and Pikachu was forced to shock them. xD
- Belle almost killing people with her fishing rod.

Bad points
- Belle didn't do much, nor did she catch anything. :|
- Ash should have sent out his other Pokémon to help him.

I'm surprised though how Belle left at the end of the episode. Wasn't she supposed to be with them in the next one, or did the animators edit that part?

Huh? They seemed like their average personality less robots to me.
DP92.jpg

Suuuuuuure...

The "looking up a pokemon we've already seen several times before" part was the only thing that screamed "aired out of order!" to me. The rest of the episode was edited fairly well.

And yay, the Rocket trio was actually tolerable this time.

I wonder why Yamask has never used Haze since then though.

Glad to see the Rockets as the old Rockets for once. Too bad they left pretty quickly, though.

He didn't seem to know Dent had fished before, though.

Also, the map at the beginning clearly showed them in Hiun.

The new scene at the beginning was also clumsily done, since Bel is supposed to be very well aware of Satoshi being on his way to Raimon - she was told that in BW28.

Iris getting a yellow card for catching Pokémon with her hands. (lol)

Actually, she got one for going into the water. Participants are only supposed to use fishing rods to capture pokemon; jumping in and just *grabbing* them is against the rules.

I'm surprised though how Belle left at the end of the episode. Wasn't she supposed to be with them in the next one, or did the animators edit that part?

That's presumably one of the reasons this episode was delayed as long as it was. They probably also re-recorded the lines at the beginning to have everyone ask how much farther it is until they reach Raimon City; I think it's safe to assume that the dialogue in the pre-3/11 version was something like "Where's the next gym?" "Raimon City!" "OK, let's go there."

Adamant said:
Also, the map at the beginning clearly showed them in Hiun.

And then there's that.

The editors really weren't as thorough as they could have been.

Suuuuuuure...

The can you (or anyone, really) explain how the Rockets were acting different? I'm not seeing what you guys are.

Well, the actors didn't sound like they were bored to death when reading their lines, for one.

The can you (or anyone, really) explain how the Rockets were acting different? I'm not seeing what you guys are.
They probably mean that their ugly disguises were goofy enough to make them "old".

Aha. Hahaha. AhahahaHAHAHAHAHAAA.

There needs to be a sign near water: WATCH OUT FOR RUNNING BELS.

Way to dex the Pokémon instead of saving Satoshi's life, Dento and Iris...

Desumasu's "first" battle, it also has Smokescreen. Reminds me of Matadogasu. Oh, and awesome motto again.

Edit: Oops, it's indeed Haze. In that case, it reminds me of Habunake!

I thought Bianca dexed it, since she's the one with a Pokedex and she is a bit of a ditz anyways.

I'm glad Bianca didn't get the Frillish, I don't think it would've been a nice catch for her and she probably would've used it before.

The episode itself was good, despite a couple of errors.

- Ash scanning James's Desumasu.
- Ash seeming like he sees Dento's special rod for the first time.

Good points
- Dento being as fabulous as always and getting screentime
- Iris getting a yellow card for catching Pokémon with her hands. (lol)
- I liked it when Pururiru grabbed the trio and Pikachu was forced to shock them. xD
- Belle almost killing people with her fishing rod.

Bad points
- Belle didn't do much, nor did she catch anything. :|
- Ash should have sent out his other Pokémon to help him.

They didn't see the fishing rod until episode 35 though, so he did see it for the first time, unless you man that it shouldn't have happened because this is meant to look like it is a filler city. In that case, was Ash surprised at seeing Cilan's Fishing rod in episode 35?

And I know they trued there best to make this into a city that isn't Castelia, but I mean come on, that looks exactly like it, except for the rivers through it.

I think the dub could air this episode in order with the script changed out, though the only problem would be Belle leaving at the end of the episode.

They'll air it in the same order they're airing it in Japan. They're not going to go to the trouble of animating a new ending scene for just one country.

It was Satoshi. Bel look up Pururill.

Oh, I thought the person said Frillish, my bad. Yeah, at least Ash didn't look up Frillish, well he was a bit occupied anyway. ;D

Oh, I thought the person said Frillish, my bad. Yeah, at least Ash didn't look up Frillish, well he was a bit occupied anyway. ;D

Actually, yeah, that's what he was talking about. Dunno why I read that differently, my bad.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom