• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW037: The Fishing Sommelier - Dent Appears!

Re: BW 026 "Fisher Sommelier - Dent Appears!" Review Thread

What was the deal with those like applications. Were they cgi or something, they looked absolutely awful and out of place.

As is the episode was pretty bland. I didn't feel like a whole lot happened and didn't really keep my interest. Not because of editing or anything, but it was just sorta plain.

And yeah, the pedia's changed for now, I'm glad I now know no episode numbers for BW past 22.

This was a very lovely episode~

First, I thought each character brought something to the table: Dent was entertaining throughout the episode's entirety, Bel was ditsy as always, Satoshi got abused, and Iris was pretty funny when she tried catching that Baslao with her hands. The interactions were top notch, as well; my favorite moment was when Bel had Pururiru on her line and everyone was trying to help reel it in/keep Bel from falling into the water. xD

Next, I'm glad Yanappu got some focus here since it hasn't been used in a while. Its battle against Baslao was intense, and it came out of it looking pretty badass in the end. However, I wish Satoshi would have used something besides Pikachu; Tsutarja's Vine Whip vs. Pururiru's tentacle rape, anyone? Speaking of Pururiru...just lol. It was the perfect troll: first it messes with Satoshi, then it foils Rocket-dan's plans. 'Twas beautiful.

Lastly, I don't think Rocket-dan reverted back to their old ways this episode personality-wise. Sure, they may have concocted this sort of plot before (DP135), but that doesn't mean they're the "old" Rocket-dan again. In my opinion, they still handled themselves with maturity and didn't freak out when they realized the jig was up. Not to mention Desumasu did a great job of defending itself and Koromori from Yanappu's and Pikachu's attacks.

Overall, I thought this was a fantastic episode where Dent shows off yet another one of his quirks while Bel brings the lulz yet again. Can't wait to see her again in the tournament. :D

This episode was definitely one of the worst. The lack of any of Ash's Pokemon apart from Pikachu really bored me. I really like Mijumaru, Tsutaja and Pokabu and they are the main reason why I enjoy a typical episode. Bel reminds me of Barry so much now. The continuous bumping into Ash is too much, she already looks and has the personality of Barry, having his signature character quirk on top of that, is a step too far. I don't dislike her, but her character doesn't appeal to me, in any way. The only bit I really enjoyed was Iris's little catwalk swagger at the beginning.

I almost daren't say this, but Dent is starting to annoy me slightly.

Hilbert has already appeared in the anime.

Hilbert has appeared in that fishing episode.

DP90.jpg

Shouldn't be that hard to find him in the picture. He has apperead a lot of times in the episode. You can go watch it again and spot him.

Last edited:
Re: Hilbert has already appeared in the anime.

Doubt it. That persons pants are brown. Plus, 2 other things to consider, that could be a girl and it could be a coincidence. It could be an accidental mix of the shirt and the hat that look similar to Hilbert's.

Re: Hilbert has already appeared in the anime.

You're right, he could even look like this in the front:

fat_hilbert_pokemon_gen_v_by_mothman64-d3bshaf.jpg

The hat and clothes are exactly the same. You could see the bag go with around his shirt. The pants are the same, just brown. Half of his face can be seen in other shots of the episode. Oh an thanks to who merged this with this topic.

@Human & @Playerking I've moved your posts here. In the future, please post comments comment that are about an episode specifically in that episode's review thread. Since there's no confirmation about Hilbert actually appearing in the animé, it does not warrant its own thread, much like was the case for a Kamiture fangirl looking like Hikari in the latest Japanese episode. Thank you.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom