• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW041: Climactic Don Battle! Emonga VS Dageki!!

This was an alright episode. The battles and interactions were okay, but the gags are getting a bit dull as others have said. I still enjoyed them, though, which sort of took me by surprise since I thought I'd be all meh about them.

Satoshi vs. Langley definitely should have lasted longer as most everyone has stated; I felt like the battling from the previous episode was building up to some major climax, but the conclusion was pretty underwhelming. I thought it was cute when Satoshi held Tsutarja in his arms after they won, though. ^^ I feel like Satoshi did get a bit lucky when Komatana's hands got stuck in the ground like that, but that's not necessarily bad.

Dent vs. Luke provided some laughs, and seeing Maggyo fly around like that was odd (not to mention hovering Merlava o_o). I thought it was good strategy on Luke's part having Merlava use String Shot on itself as a defense mechanism. And I don't know what Dent was saying throughout the battle, but he was looking cocky whatever he was doing (though I could be totally wrong); his antics weren't too jarring for me to sit through, though.

Iris vs. Kenyan was alright, but I don't like that Emonga was so willing to battle. I'm hoping this battle was just a fluke and that it's still disobedient for the most part since Iris didn't really discipline it before. Dageki obliterating Attract with Close Combat was cool, and I liked how the hearts burst in a contest-like fashion. :3 Iris got lucky with Emonga's Static taking effect, but I like that an ability was included. And I do think it was believable that Dageki went down easily since using Close Combat lowers its defenses. I don't understand why Iris didn't command Discharge, though, since I think that would have worked better than Hidden Power, which was consistently deflected by Dageki.

Overall, a good enough episode with some nice battles (none too amazing, though). It was great watching Tsutarja, Maggyo, and Emonga participating in official battles. Hopefully the gags will die down a lot by next episode, though, because Bel chasing Zorua around and Kenyan getting his name pronounced incorrectly can only be so believable for so long. @_@

Dento talks WAY too much during the battle. I know I used to complain about audience commentary during battles - i.e. in the Ash vs Paul first full battle where Brock and Dawn talked about almost every single attack - but whatever Dento is spurting out of his mouth is only slightly better.

Just watched this (yes, I'm late, I know...) and I really liked this ep! Emolga is awesome <3 and I liked how Iris won, by repeating Attract, even though she knows it won't work, just so Sawk gets tired and she'll get a chance to defeat it
I enjoyed seeing a Pokémon food that looks slightly different than the usual - well, it was same as always, just with some green lines on it (apparently it's a grass type food made by Cilan, I think) but I think that's the first time they tried to make a little change to how it looks... I wonder if we'll get more of that later
I admit Bianca/Zorua thing might be a little overused but I still enjoyed it XD Bianca <3
Hopefully I'll watch the next ep sooner than how long it took me to watch this one...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom