• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW046: Nyagotiator Nyarth! Break Through Tunbear Forest!!

Musashi

Clap Clap
Reaction score
Nyagotiator Nyarth! Break Through Tunbear Forest!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shinzō Fujita
Storyboard - Hiromasa Amano
Assistant director - Ken'ichi Nishida
Animation director - zumi Shimura

Continuing on toward Raimon city, the group runs into a hurt Kumasyun. Upon finding a berry for the ice Pokemon, the group is attacked by an group of Tsunbear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nyasu didn't really do much "nyagotiating" in this one, did he?

Kumashun's little snot drop thing was grossing me out the entire episode. Not as gross as hearing Nyasu refer to the brats as "Satoshi-tachi," but still gross.

I feel like this entire episode's soundtrack was just pulled from the Zorro'ark movie.

Cliff was a really forgettable character-of-the-day.

I gotta hand it to whoever put this preview together. They did a masterful job of making it look like Cliff caught Nyasu. I actually thought he would for a second. XD

Speaking of that, this running gag has got to be going somewhere. This is the third time we've seen it.

Cute episode overall. Hope this isn't the last Nyasu with twerps episode.

And finally...

BW046_1.jpg

BW046_2.jpg

BW046_3.jpg

BW046_4.jpg
Daww. :-D

Edit:

I didn't get to see it... what happened? Did anyone catch Cubchoo?

Nope. Not even close.

DENTO TAKE THE WHEEL ughhh SO ADORABLE.

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty cute. Snotbear is so adorable but..that snot...so grosss ;_; and ugh when he was rubbing it all over nyasu GTFO AWAY. I hope this isn't the last episode with Nyasu with the twerps, either, everything just seems to flow soooo much better this way. You got Musashi & Kojiro doing bad ass stuff, creeping in the dark in the subway station, and Nyasu off being a cute kitty trying to help the world's pokemon's problems and trying to avoid being caught in a monster ball.

So... did anything huge interesting happened in this episode at all? Anything... was it just a plain filler with awesome Beartics? xD

I don't know if I'd call it that. There was some possible Nyasu foreshadowing and a bit more lead up to the Subway two parter.

I'm quite confident that someone can miss the Rocket scenes in this episode and still be able to follow next week's episodes without any trouble.

Not as gross as hearing Nyasu refer to the brats as "Satoshi-tachi," but still gross.

Indeed. Hell, has he EVER referred to them by name before?

Might've just been a writer slipup, even.

I was just about to comment on that myself. It was just plain WEIRD to hear that come out of his mouth. I can't remember ever hearing it before either.

But I think it's foreshadowing rather than a writer slip up. I guess we'll see next week.

Well, he's known Satoshi long enough to refer to him by name :p Plus it would be a bit suspicious, calling him Charlie Boy all the time, right?

Does anyone know what Dr. Seger said to the Rocket-Dan during this episode?

Flying Christi said:
Plus it would be a bit suspicious, calling him Charlie Boy all the time, right?

Exactly. It's not really foreshadowing him being captured by the brats or anything like that. Nyasu is just being a good actor.

Watchermark said:
Does anyone know what Dr. Seger said to the Rocket-Dan during this episode?

Just boring generic bad guy stuff. "Watch out for Nobori and Kudari." "Those brothers don't scare us." Bla bla bla SNORE.

"Your training is complete. Now it's full steam ahead."
"We'll keep on trucking-"
"-and kick those bros in the caboose. They won't turn the tables on us."

Should've been the actual dialogue.

Also, James is proud of his red paint.

I see what the preview did, tricking us into thinking that Cliff was attempting to send out Meowth, but in fact it was simply Cliff attempting to catch the talking Meowth, only to fail again. (Meowth has a lot of endurance.)

It is clear that Ash sends out Tepig so it can counter those Ice-type Beartic, and Oshawott just butts himself in to every situation for no apparent reason (sends himself out). Meowth attempts to "nyagotiate" with the Beartic a few times, but the Beartic are too bewildered for reason.

The pokemon (Pikachu, Meowth, Axew, Tepig, Oshawott, and Cubchoo) get separated from the trainers. Oshawott and Meowth start fighting, but Pikachu calms them down. Everything gets worse when Pikachu and co. (or, rather, Meowth and Oshawott) steal all of the berries on a stump that the wild Beartic had left there to feed their young. The wild Beartic and Cubchoo whose food were stolen from there attack Pikachu and co. Oshawott forces Meowth to "nyagotiate" with Beartic again, only for Meowth to freeze again.

Ash and co. (the humans) manage to find the Cubchoo's family and they all reunite. The Beartic from both sides begin fighting one another. The collision of attacks causes a rock slide. Pikachu and Tepig attempt to protect the other pokemon, but Meowth and Cubchoo are still trapped. The Cubchoo's parent protects them both. Meowth and Cubchoo befriend one another. The Cubchoo waves goodbye to the humans and their pokemon as the other Beartic leave.

The COTD in this episode was, as expected, a mountain guide who was able to lead Ash and co. to delve into the Beartic's territory so the Cubchoo could be reunited with its parents. Cliff did not need to be anything more than this.

The Subway Twin/Team Rocket cutscenes in this episode really weren't that good. It involved Ingo and Emmet attempting to find the stolen train, only to screw up numerous times. Seger warned J/J about the Subway Twins, but as per usual, J/J dismisses the threat, seeing it as not a problem.

This episode may have been filler, but it was interesting to see all of these different pokemon interacting with one another in many ways. As usual in cases like this, Pikachu acted as the mediator between dissenting pokemon, as well as the voice of moral reason when he protested to stealing the berries that were left on the stump. Oshawott and Meowth had a conflict going on as well; both pokemon were arguing with one another after they were split up from the trainers. Oshawott also forced Meowth into the Beartic's attacking range so it can "negotiate" with them. In spite of their differences, Meowth attempted numerous times in this episode to cheer up the wild Cubchoo. This later turned into a friendship after both pokemon were saved by Cubchoo's parent.

Just boring generic bad guy stuff. "Watch out for Nobori and Kudari." "Those brothers don't scare us." Bla bla bla SNORE.

I didn't find that boring, but that's just my opinion. I think this was pretty much a filler, but the Team Rocket scenes could have probably made that point moot, although I guess I could've not watched this episode to understand the next one, though probably not the Purrloin or the Beheeyem episodes.

What does Jari-boy mean? Twerp? If so, I agree that it was okay for Meowth to refer to Ash by his real name.

I reserve judgment. I will wait to see what comes of this.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom