• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stuff shown on Smash;

-It seems the first round is pretty much game over for Cabernet, as Excadrill is seen fighting Throh. Poor gal just can't seem to get a break, huh?
-Bel's Emboar seems to know a rock type move, as Conkeldurr (who might I add, looks seriously badass) is seen smacking stone projectiles away with it's walking sticks columns.
-Scraggy is seen battling Simipour.
-Some reeeeal slick animation in the Seismitoad vs. Sawk match.
-Bel trips over and falls into Kenyan's stomach. She also trips while running into the ring, hillarious expression included and much to Emboar's shock.

Smash screenshots:
vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h08m45s103.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h08m42s67.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h08m37s21.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h08m29s197.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h07m28s99.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h06m39s122.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h06m36s88.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-04-04h05m54s176.png

Iris VS. That new Rival?! OMG YES YES! I have a bad feeling though, that guy's cool and a badass and Doryuuzu is up against a type-disadvantage he doesn't look like a push-over though ._. Looks like the type who trains hard, this may be game for Airisu-Chan. Plus Nageki seems to be easily overpowering Doryuuzu with raw strength it's Drill Liner is being stopped easily by the Judo Pokemon. Plus I really like this new guy so I wouldn't mind Iris losing to him, and it looks like she will sadly.

I had a feeling. There's no way in hell Cabernet a person with crap judgement on a Pokes "taste" with it's trainer could beat Iris's Doryuuzu especially since Ishizumai proveiled over it as well as Yanappu, not only that Iris and her mole have a deep bond and Cabernet's not that skilled battling wise and sommelier wise.

ENBOUR AND BEL haha! Look hilarious XD

So, yeah Cabernet has lost to every member of Satoshi-Tachi.

Last edited:
So Burgundy is out after her first battle again? Not only that, but defeated by Iris (though I guess it's somewhat expected at this point)? Bleh, can't say I like this >.> But I'll hold back making too many judgments on this before actually watching since nothing's 100% proven quite yet. ]:

If Burgundy really does lose to Iris...well, I really don't care what happens either way since I like all the characters and no matter who wins I'll be happy, but that's really a shame. Burgundy should at least advance a bit before she loses. :<

Yeah, the Draco Malfoy dude with Throh seems to be an important character as shown in the PokeSmash. Heck, he even won that silly cosplay game. BW Tobias anyone?

Shiet, so Iris will get to battle that Masamomi guy (that was his name, right?), woah.
She'll probably lose against him, but that's okay, there's no need for her to advance any further than round 2, and I'm happy that she at least made it through round 1. Although I feel kinda sad for Burgundy. I mean, if this is true, she'll have lost in the first round in both tournaments, and that's a bit unfair. Just gonna have to wait for the episode when Burgundy will be given a moment to shine.

And yeah, I had a feeling Ash'd get to battle that Simipour trainer. If he wins that battle the sibling trio will be out, since she previously defeated her brother with Simisear and Ash defeated the brother with Simisage.

Oh, and Bisharp looks awesome!

So both Cabernet, and Trip get axed out the first round again. Can't say I'm too pleased about the former honestly. Looks like Iris is going up against that really hyped up Masamomi guy? Can't really say I'm too shocked about that. Can't have Iris' Excadrill lose to a character that can never catch a break after all, gotta be to a hyped up troll looking guy. *rolls eyes*

In another news, Scraggy is fighting yet another one of the siblings huh? I wonder how far Ash will actually make it in this tournament.

Can't have Iris' Excadrill lose to a character that can never catch a break after all, gotta be to a hyped up troll looking guy. *rolls eyes*
I think I like the idea of Iris beating Cabernet. Iris did win the last tournament, after all. So while Cabernet beating the former champion would show off her strength and improvement, the guy who controls the muppet would be seen as a big threat for beating the former champion. Having him beat the person who beat the last champion doesn't seem to spectacular, in my opinion. And Cabernet did lose in the Don Battle's first round, so it seems less spactacular.

Basically: if the muppet man were to beat Cabernet, it would be like, 'so what? Everyone beat her.'
If he beat Iris, it would be like, "he beat the Don Battle champion ~~(o0o~~)'

I'm still not surprised Cabernet lost she's shown to have pretty below-par battling skills and sommelier skills. Why would the writers have her beat Iris? Iris has a great relationship with her Doryuuzu, and Futachimaru went down easily to a newly caught Ishizumai so I'm not really surprised to be honest. If Cabernet does indeed give a shoddy "taste" of Doryuuzu I think it would be obvious she would lose. And the manga scans even say she does her "tasting time" so she might taste Doryuuzu screw up and then lose. :p

The writers are probably gonna take this chance to establish Masamomi as a threat.

Last edited:

Well considering Iris battles once every blue moon, I'm not to keen on her being treated as some sort of pedestal of accomplishments. "LIEK OMG HE BEAT IRIS, WE BE FUCKED" But w/e. smh

I guess at this point all I can say is GO TEAM BIANCA. Ash certainly won't beat this Masaomi guy with Scraggy, unless there's some sort of surprise evolution the writers have in store for us.

Ahh, Bel's Emboar is using Arm Thrust to break through Conkeldurr's columns by the looks of things. Nice to see it's just a straight forward sumo move instead of adding some pointless glow to it.

I'm contributing to the topic.

I'm a bit disappointed for Cabernet losing in the first round again. But as @Gotpika said, it does make sense that the Don Battle champ has to not get cut out too early but after all that time Cabby is still sub-par even 50 episodes after her debut.

I don't really care for Seismitoad, but that animation of it and Sawk is hella cool.

Well considering Iris battles once every blue moon, I'm not to keen on her being treated as some sort of pedestal of accomplishments. "LIEK OMG HE BEAT IRIS, WE BE FUCKED" But w/e. smh

I actually agree with Karamazov, I could definitely see that happen, with all of them gaining more respect for Masamomi if he'd beat Iris.
It all makes sense to me, I mean, for what other reason would they put Iris against that guy? She is considered to be quite strong since she won the Don Battle, and if they'd have Masamomi to beat her trainers would definitely react, since he did beat Iris and her strongest pokémon. That could make others taking him much more seriously, giving him a much higher status in the eyes of all of them.

Willing to bet the guy in the suit is gonna beat Stephan. Sawk vs Throh. I don't think the writers could resist that.

Also, Sawk, a poke so nice, they've decided to show it bulk up twice.:)

Zuruggu VS. something in the third round could be interesting. Zuruggu is at a disadvantage toward fighting types and and only ties with Kibago and hasn't been in any real battles yet, causing it's victory over Yanakki and Hiyakki to be forced but. Zuruggu's ability "Overconfidence" could help remedy that, since it raises his strength temporarily after each win. If all the battles are in one day Zuruggu could win and get far. I'm not sure if he could beat Dageki though.

I kinda hope the final is Bianca vs Masaomi with the former winning, honestly I'll be a bit peeved if it's Ash vs Masaomi just because he's using Scraggy of all things. Ash doesn't need to make it to the finals using a baby Pokemon in every round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom