• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Capsule Monsters

What surprises me the most is that he has his Rhydon outside its Poké Ball. So could it be that this was intended ever since the start of the franchise? Just like that egg you mentioned, predating Gen II when we got the eggs.

Well, if the Rhydon was in its Poke Ball how would anyone be able to see it? :p
Furthermore, the trainer has Poke Balls all over his belt.

Anyway, interesting stuff! I hope for more! :D

Bangiras, that first image you posted is nothing new, and the last two are from the first Pocket Monsters manga (as others have said)

Well, for a start I already found out they were the Pocket Monsters comic but thanks anyway. ( Probably a really early version of the comic because the Pokemon look ugly/weird and in one of them, Nidorino looks like a lion).

but the two in between seem like news to me. I'm especially interested in that picture of a Trainer navigating a cave with (his?) Saidon behind him. At the bottom of the pic, it looks like there's an early version of Zenigame crawling out of the water... I'm not certain if this is actually from Capsule Monsters

The trainer navigating in the cave I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the Pokemon behind him is a Rhydon myself. As for that monster crawling out of the egg,maybe it's another pokemon design that got trashed/an early design/just another idea to help for a pokemon design.Capsule Monsters? Well technically yes & no.
1. Pocket Monsters/Pokemon was actually meant to be called Capsule Monsters
2. Pokemon is called Pocket Monsters/Pokemon.

however, since the right side of the page shows a storyboard for the opening scene of the games (the text even says that it fades out after Nidorino rushes at Gangar). Tajiri couldn't, by any chance, have been planning to do an animated promo with the same premise as the opening scene way back then, could he?

Most likely yes, because GF,(well not the whole company); but probably just Tajiri & Sugimori were planning the opening, since they did start on designing/planning Pokemon in 1990. BTW The picture with the guy and the Rhydon in the cave is a drawing by Sugimori, and the animated opening, I'd say, most likely to be drawn by Sugimori, with Tajiri giving him idea's, or if not Ken, then maybe Satoshi drew it, but I'm not really sure about that. About that Gengar.. *sighs,palms face* (NO not Gengar)I was thinking of the anime for a sec.I mean well, the Nidorino and..err, I think the opponent of Nidorino looks like a very slim.. Snorlax with bigger ears than usual/Or some random that's not even a Pokémon.

Last edited:
Well, for a start I already found out they were the Pocket Monsters comic but thanks anyway. ( Probably a really early version of the comic because the Pokemon look ugly/weird and in one of them, Nidorino looks like a lion).

The trainer navigating in the cave I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the Pokemon behind him is a Rhydon myself. As for that monster crawling out of the egg,maybe it's another pokemon design that got trashed/an early design/just another idea to help for a pokemon design.Capsule Monsters? Well technically yes & no.
1. Pocket Monsters/Pokemon was actually meant to be called Capsule Monsters
2. Pokemon is called Pocket Monsters/Pokemon.

Most likely yes, because GF,(well not the whole company); but probably just Tajiri & Sugimori were planning the opening, since they did start on designing/planning Pokemon in 1990. BTW The picture with the guy and the Rhydon in the cave is a drawing by Sugimori, and the animated opening, I'd say, most likely to be drawn by Sugimori, with Tajiri giving him idea's, or if not Ken, then maybe Satoshi drew it, but I'm not really sure about that. About that Gengar.. *sighs,palms face* (NO not Gengar)I was thinking of the anime for a sec.I mean well, the Nidorino and..err, I think the opponent of Nidorino looks like a very slim.. Snorlax with bigger ears than usual/Or some random that's not even a Pokémon.

That looks like Gengar to me.... I wonder what beta Hitmonlee looks like.

attachment.php

Is that..An egg,next to that thing that looks like a flower with a Weezing's head?

Anyone got anymore of this kinda concept art?

Omg Latiken or Blazios is fuck awesome. And torchic with such awesome ears. Damn if the concepts were real Pokemon then I would have loved gen 3 for sure.

OMG real Game Freak mags!!! Your'e the man!! Where did you get them form? We must know

And LOL, eared Torchic. I bet it'll be the advertisement Poké for the RSEmakes (ala notched ear Pichu) when they come out. Mark my words and don't forget I called it ^_^

BTW the girl riding Blaziken reminds me of Crys....

Omg Latiken or Blazios is fuck awesome. And torchic with such awesome ears. Damn if the concepts were real Pokemon then I would have loved gen 3 for sure.

Yeah, I'd have loved Gen 3 more if that Latiken or Blazios, the torchich ears liik kinda neat IMO and make it look more stronger than it does look now, both torchic and blaizos looks strange at first, but I can sort of see how concepts for pokemon appear now, if they come from artwork like that one. Still sweet

Thanks バンギラス for posting!

OMG real Game Freak mags!!! Your'e the man!! Where did you get them form? We must know

And LOL, eared Torchic. I bet it'll be the advertisement Poké for the RSEmakes (ala notched ear Pichu) when they come out. Mark my words and don't forget I called it ^_^

BTW the girl riding Blaziken reminds me of Crys....

Actually I'm a girl lol. It's easy to find these pictures, type in Satoshi Tajiri's name in Japanese on Google images.lol

Actually I'm a girl lol. It's easy to find these pictures, type in Satoshi Tajiri's name in Japanese on Google images.lol

Unfortunately, I don't know how to type Japanese characters on a western type keyboard, not to mention that even if I could, I don't know kana... so thanks for doing it for us. And sorry for mistaking oyu for a boy. I apologize, and I'm very ashamed now...

Unfortunately, I don't know how to type Japanese characters on a western type keyboard, not to mention that even if I could, I don't know kana... so thanks for doing it for us. And sorry for mistaking oyu for a boy. I apologize, and I'm very ashamed now...

Lol its fine, sometimes it happens if I don't put my name on sites. Because sometimes my channel layouts on some sites are red & black with Tyranitars' on them, some one said he thought that would've of a been a guys channel design if I didn't put my name up. Japanese on a Western keyboard is a bit easy if you can read some Japanese. I don't know even know how to get some different forms of Hiragana,Kanji & Katakana myself. Yeah so you can still use the Western keyboard for Japanese and if you type something like.. err Pokémon, you type PO and choose which form of PO you want to use ぽ、ポ、or 歩 and press enter. Then you type KE a choose which form of KE け、or ヶ..and etc press enter. ポヶモン/Pokémon ピカチュ/Pikachu ルカリオ/Lucario バンギラス/Bangiras
ピチュ/Pichu.But Thank you for the apology anyway.

Last edited:
so ,there are no scan from the capsule monster manga??, besides the cover?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom