• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network is airing Season 3 on May 27th!

Well, the episode counts for the PUSA seasons have been close to 52. It's just because of how there were only 47 episodes of Battle Frontier, and I'd say the episode PUSA ended Diamond & Pearl on was a better choice than Tears For Fears.

But it looked like first 5 eps of DP were planned to be put in season 9 (they even revealed the titles for all of them despite airing the first 2 or 3, then getting longer break AFAIR). And 51 for DP is just their misplanning, because they didn't predict clip show coming and probably booked "episodes up to 52" instead of "52 episodes".

The logical reasons from plot's side? Did that EVER happened in anime dubbing?

I think PUSA only aired 48 episodes of BF because they wanted to start where 4kids license ended and stop where Hoen ended. I think the tag battle arc was a better place to end DP than the episode after.

wow, i'm half shocked but half not lol

i agree that CN is very unpredictable. But i've heard many fans, particularly SOVA members have written letters to CN to show the original eps again. I guess its safe to assume, they had some kind of effect.

regardless, i'm happy too that CN is reairing the original eps.

I was very happy to hear it too and not only that I watched the first rerun of this block early this morning. The whole effort of changing my sleep schedule just so that I could watch these episodes worked out well and at least I was able to be inside when I saw it this time. Back when these episodes originally aired I had to brave the weather just to watch them as the local cable company did not carry the WB station in my area and I had to go outside with a small television and amplified antenna. So even back then my dedication to this portion of the series was great.

But i've heard many fans, particularly SOVA members have written letters to CN to show the original eps again. I guess its safe to assume, they had some kind of effect.

I laughed.

I don't know what to say without getting my tail in trouble here, but it speaks for itself anyway.

Um, no comment on whatever it was that you laughed at.... O_O

And assuming you're referring to what I think you're referring to...generally speaking, why does everyone in this fandom seem to flip out when people simply mention their opinion on something?

I mean, if I wasn't afraid to be more open around here, there are a few interesting things that I could say too. But generally, I try to avoid conflicts on the forums. *points to peace symbol under her usertitle*

Getting back on topic, I'm really happy to be able to watch these episodes on TV again! There is just something about watching Pokemon reruns on TV which seems more special than watching them on DVD. Or maybe it's just me.... ^^;

Last edited:
There is just something about watching Pokemon reruns on TV which seems more special than watching them on DVD.

It's PokeRAP for Season 1, Pikachu's Jukebox for Season 2 (and Orange part of s3), and Karaokemon for Season 3 :D

I though Orange Islands was all of season 2, then Johto was season 3. I got Orange Islands on DVD so I cancelled the DVR recording it. If they do get into Johto then I will set it to record caause I don't have a DVD of them.

Third_Wheel_Spectacular said:
I though Orange Islands was all of season 2, then Johto was season 3.

Nope. Season 2 is from the Kanto episode "Riddle Me This" until the Orange Islands episode "Misty Meets Her Match." Season 3 is from "Bound for Trouble!" until the last Johto Journies episode, "The Fortune Hunters."

Nope. Season 2 is from the Kanto episode "Riddle Me This" until the Orange Islands episode "Misty Meets Her Match." Season 3 is from "Bound for Trouble!" until the last Johto Journies episode, "The Fortune Hunters."

No
Season 2 begins with the princess day episode and ends with Charizard chills

Whoops...I was looking at a list of Japanese episodes and forgot that 4Kids screwed around with the order of two of the Kanto eps.

It's PokeRAP for Season 1, Pikachu's Jukebox for Season 2 (and Orange part of s3), and Karaokemon for Season 3 :D
Yes! Yes! YES!! ^_^

I love all the endings for the Pokemon dub. Especially Pikachu's Jukebox and Pokemon Karaokemon. <3

In fact, two of my favorite songs are "You and Me and Pokemon" and "All We Wanna Do". Those songs are so beautiful! And also, I really like the scenes that they chose for each ending and the way they were put together. The lyrics seem to flow nicely with each ending! :-D

And now that I think about it, the same thing can be said about the other Pokemon Karaokemon endings. I love the scenes that they chose for each song and how the video really seems to fit with the lyrics (in my opinion).

Oh my God, are we talking about Pikachu's Jukebox?? I loved that!! In fact, and this is embarrassing, but I used to record those songs. They were so nice to listen to.

Wow, the animation quality was really crappy in the Orange Islands! O.O I never noticed when I first saw them, but now that I've been exposed to real animation, I can't help but scowl. Most of the time, a characters mouth moves and nothing else! They also relied too much on camera pans and flashing BGs.

Yeah, an amazing change isn't it, when you go from what it was then to now? It always surprises me.

I was looking at Cartoon Network's schedule and it had two episodes of Pokemon at 7:00 and 7:30 a.m..This realy does not work out for me because I haft to go to my uncles at 6:30.

Horrible timeslot :/ I did enough 5AM waking up for my commute to classes. Will just watch the DVDs when I want to see the eps again.

Wow, the animation quality was really crappy in the Orange Islands! O.O

Ok, I know D/P has better animation by comparison, but "crappy"?

I quite liked the Orange Islands, and still do, but since I own the DVDs already its easy to rewatch them there.

Its pretty funny because nostalgia wise everyone hated Tracey when Orange Islands first started. I always kinda liked the guy, but he got so much hate back when this season was first airing.

Its because of that backlash that we've been stuck with Brock ever since. :/

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom