• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY seri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY

Cold is more logical than Gold in that case, with makes sense for the plot of the episode. Also this text from Dogasu's website.

Dogasu said:
A preliminary TV schedule for Cartoon Network has a listing for the episode, meaning that TPCI has it and is in the process of dubbing it. Which would be a pretty huge deal.

The title of the episode makes it obvious that this is the skipped episode but the summary provided spells it out pretty clearly:

Undersea Place to Call Home!, A visit to the Muraille Coast sets our heroes on an aquatic adventure filled with undersea Pokemon!
The episode has a tentative airdate of July 5th, 2014 at 8:00am but if you count the number of Saturdays between now and then the math only works out if Cartoon Network goes a week without airing a new episode for whatever reason. It's possible that it's just a mistake in the schedule, something that's been known to happen before, and that the episode will actually air a week earlier on June 28th instead.

Cartoon Network

I had always assumed that there was a clause in TV-Tokyo's contract giving them first dibs on anything Pocket Monsters and that no other television network in the world was allowed to air its content until after they've had a chance to do so first. I mean, why else would "The Rocket-Dan vs. The Plasma-Dan," an episode skipped over because of a natural disaster that happened in Japan, not be allowed to air in the U.S.? Why should TPCI's audience care about a natural disaster that happened half a planet away? And wouldn't you think Cartoon Network would have jumped at the chance to air the episodes if they were contractually able to do so?

But I guess that's not the case after all...?

Or! Maybe it is and this episode being announced now is a mistake that someone will catch and correct later. The same thing happened in Japan with the post-Best Wishes! Iris special, if you remember. Footage from the episode was shown in August 2013 but the title "Iris vs. Ibuki! The Road to Being a Dragon Master!!" wasn't revealed until it was posted on the official Japanese Pokemon site on October 6th, 2013. Two days later the title had been quietly removed from the site, causing many to assume that someone posted the title before they were supposed to. Months pass and we don't end up hearing anything until about a month before the special finally aired on March 27th, 2014.

Last edited:
Re: Cartoon Network's schedule for June unveils new dub episode titles: Postponed XY

Dogasu said:
A preliminary TV schedule for Cartoon Network has a listing for the episode, meaning that TPCI has it and is in the process of dubbing it. Which would be a pretty huge deal.

The title of the episode makes it obvious that this is the skipped episode but the summary provided spells it out pretty clearly:

Undersea Place to Call Home!, A visit to the Muraille Coast sets our heroes on an aquatic adventure filled with undersea Pokemon!
The episode has a tentative airdate of July 5th, 2014 at 8:00am but if you count the number of Saturdays between now and then the math only works out if Cartoon Network goes a week without airing a new episode for whatever reason. It's possible that it's just a mistake in the schedule, something that's been known to happen before, and that the episode will actually air a week earlier on June 28th instead.
Precisely the reason why I did not include the airing dates in the article.

Adyniz, since you're apparently not interested in replying,

I do not doubt you got this schedule from somewhere. You obviously did.
It's also obvious that TPCi had this episode at one point, had started working on it, intended for it to have the dub title that schedule of yours includes, and at the very least informed Cartoon Network about that. That's why it's on the schedule, and we know from earlier trailers etc that TPCi starts working on the dub of episodes before they air in Japan.

However, claiming that the episode title appearing in some leaked schedule that was probably not leaked by someone who cares enough about Pokemon to know there even WAS an episode recently skipped in Japan even remotely implies it's going to air in English on Cartoon Network at this point is just sensationalist nonsense. It's likely-to-the-point-of-being-absolutely-certain that what you got was some outdated list the leaker had no idea was outdated and you didn't bother asking about.

Also, please look up the definition of "official" and "opinion". A source whose identity you can't reveal is in no way, shape or form an "official source".

All I can say right now is that it came from an official source.

I don't think you know what "official" means.

There are many definitions of that word, you know.

I don't see you quoting one that applies here.
If Cartoon Network officially revealed this schedule somewhere, why is this article sourcing "a source we can't reveal"?

You were the one who told Adyniz that he didn't know what "official" means. I believe this is what we call "burden of proof".

If Cartoon Network officially revealed this schedule somewhere, why is this article sourcing "a source we can't reveal"?
I can't say, because I don't know Adyniz. He may have a reliable source, but that source may want to be anonymous. It could even be some legal mumbo-jumbo.

Last edited:

I think that the source is real, with the exception or the "gold" in XY023 being "cold" which makes more sense with the content of the episode. We will know if there are real or fake before the end of the month.

The reason why @Adyniz doesn't say the source is maybe because it wasn't meant to be revealed until later next week.

About the episode in question, I'm not surprised if Cartoon Network are "unaware" of the skipping of XY24. Probably when the official scheduled is released, we probably saw the XY24 title to change to the XY25 one.

His "source" is snooping around in some internal data on the Cartoon Network website that was most definitely added by someone at Cartoon Network going off a list of titles provided by TPCi prior to them learning that XY24 wasn't going to air in Japan after all. As already mentioned, we know work on an episode's English dub starts before the episode airs in Japan.

And yes, there's a very big difference between "I found some future titles in Cartoon Network's website's coding" and "Cartoon Network officially announced this".

All this means is that "TPCi started working on this episode at some point in time", which we knew, and "at some point, TPCi told Cartoon Network there would be an episode with this title and this summary", which isn't overly relevant. Makes for a trivia point at most. But nothing we learned here increases the likelyhood of this episode being dubbed and airing in English before it airs in Japanese in the slightest. It's just as hideously unlikely as it was yesterday, and this article is just misleading clickbait.

You were the one who told Adyniz that he didn't know what "official" means. I believe this is what we call "burden of proof".

The burden of proof lies with the one making a claim, not the one contesting it. Adyniz is the one claiming the word "official" can have the meaning he applied to it, hence the burden of proof lies with him.

Adamant, you seem to be too invested in this. You seem to have a poor attitude, too. I'm bowing out of this argument.

I see that the final paragraph I posted on my site wasn't quoted here, for some reason:

So who knows? Maybe TPCI sent Cartoon Network their schedule before they got word that no, you're actually not allowed to air it just yet, just skip over it for now? Or maybe it actually is airing after all and we'll get to watch the English version before Japan gets the Japanese version? I guess we'll find out for sure before long!

...which is exactly what Adamant is arguing. I wouldn't be surprised to see the title disappear from the schedule in the following weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom