• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CGI Pokemon Movie

ttyo888

Reaction score
Lets discuss about the possiblity of a Pokemon live action or Full CG movie....

Well since Transformers got a modern day remake... so why not a live action movie about Pokemon. but plotwise it should be inspired from Ash Ketchum's adventures.... which are boring me to death.... but it goes a different path like Transformers Movie was G1 inspired.

I am a cg artist so I get to go behind scenes of CG creatures and monsters and more or less know the tricks...

I really should make this a fanfic.

Godzilla had got one revival before Final Wars in 1998. After his battle against Destroyah the company wanted to retire Godzilla for a decade until a Crappy americanised version came and Godzilla had to return again until Final Wars in 2004 when it will slumber for a long time.

So it's good either way, if the movie sucks big time, Pokemon Franchise will return again with better quality. If it is blockbusting good, well Pokemon will return too! Either it's either lose win or win Win situation.

My apologies for the double post.... my IE got a fatal error.

IMO Pokemon has the potential to become a universe of the caliber of Star Wars,and a live action movie could be the perfect way to re-introduce people to the world of Pokemon,but this time said world would be more "complete". And NO it shouldn't be based on Ash's adventures,that would be boring.AND isn't it enough already that the general idea people have on Pokemon is usually just Ash and Pikachu. While Pokemon is much more then just Ash and Pikachu. =/ Read the mangas,their stories are much better then the anime's and could give inspiration for a live action movie (aswell as some of the concepts used in the anime's movies aswell).

A live action movie would be the perfect way to break people's "shell" when it comes to them not understanding the pokemon world. (only if done right ofcourse)

Also,Godzilla 98 bombed. The guys in charge of it strayed to far off from the original concept that is Godzilla and turned Japan's #1 Kaiju into a total runaway from helicopters wuss instead of the fearless hard headed lizard Godzilla is known to be. (thou the design is awesome)

Another example of americans technically killing a Japanese icon,the upcoming 2008 DragonBall movie. >_>

In order to make a pokemon live action movie succesful you need people that know the franchise insided out and care about it or are willing to learn and care about it. o.0

I don't know about Live Action, but I think the possibility of a CGI movie is definitely there.

Advent Children opened the door for the transition of games to CGI movies. Since then, at least two other game franchises, .hack and Resident Evil, have followed Final Fantasy's example, and are currently working on CGI films.

I don't think it's a matter of if, but more a question of when.

A pokemon equivalent of Advent Children would be awesome. But I can only see the japanese pulling that one of and making it great. I fear the day HollyWood decides to take pokemon because its most likely they will put someone in charge of it that doesn't know the franchise to well. v.v

I fear the day Hollywood decides to take pokemon because its most likely they will put someone in charge of it that doesn't know the franchise to well. v.v

Hmmm that's what they said about Micheal Bay and Transformers 2007. But AVP 2 directors were hardcore Alien and Predator fans....

I was gonna go see AVP2 with my friends today but felt asleep. xD Got online later to check the reviews for it and from what I've heard and read it wasn't really what was expected. Michael Bay seems to be more open minded, the guys behind AVP2 might be hardcore fans but they did things the way they wanted and sometimes thats not the way to go,reaching out to other people for ideas and opinions to help make your film can be a good choice. Thats how I can see why Spielberg let Bay direct TF. Spielberg wanted to see Bay's point of view on the whole thing.

But as I mentioned on my first post,if they can get someone willing who is willing to submerge themselves into the franchise and learn to like it and know it well can help in the development of a good movie. This is what Bay did with TF,he got into the Transformers franchise.

yah like the fact they changed Megatron's face so it's taking more constructive criticism and ignoring the unconstructive ones.

I saw the amount of art featuring realistic Pokemon on deviant art, it showed that realistic Pokemon is possible. Of course a balance between realism and fantasy has to be there.

Too realistic, it can become ugly and lose a bit of appeal. Too fantasy, well..... it will be too unbelievable.

Exactly,not straying to far away from the original is the way to go,but making it believable. And yeah many of those designs at devart are pretty awesome.

Personally, I think if they were to make a CGI movie, they should keep it separate from the anime's canon. Maybe make it about the trainers from the game or something? I would love to see a Leaf and Red animated.

Cool maybe I should make fic outta it now... the desire is burning me

Interesting concept. I can see the idea of humans finding Pokemon (they call them monsters) and a plan to try and exterminate them rather enjoyable!

I'm actually in the process of making a storyline for just this type of movie. I just need some help w/ the technical stuff, but I have the characters but that's really all. I'm still working on a story. It's about a new trainer, 15 year old male, and a love intrest. The story of Ash is just too played out you know.

Its a good idea in theory and I would probably go see the movie.

But I fear that the general public might not be drawn to it unless Pikachu and the familiar characters at least make an appearance.

Personally, I think if they were to make a CGI movie, they should keep it separate from the anime's canon. Maybe make it about the trainers from the game or something? I would love to see a Leaf and Red animated.
Agreed! Making the movie canon with the anime would be a trainwreck. Hell, the anime's own movies are sometimes questionable canon-wise (except for the few with events that have actually been mentioned in the anime, gasp), so doing that to it wouldn't help. Making a separate Pokémon-based movie that stood on its own with a new cast and such would make the most sense.

Though personally, I don't really like the idea. It has a lot of possibilities, but Hollywood-izing Pokémon just sounds like a bad idea to me. Could be really awesome, but I'm thinking more like it would be a disaster.

Maybe a live movie might be good. CGI, no. Or it should be completely seperate from the anime. CGI just doesn't have the same...feel, the same charm as animation does.

Maybe a live movie might be good. CGI, no. Or it should be completely seperate from the anime. CGI just doesn't have the same...feel, the same charm as animation does.

Real live action Pokemon Movie = TERRIBLE MOVIE WAITING TO HAPPEN!

CGI would be the only way to make realistic/true to form Pokemon. Real live Pokemon would look tacky and just plain comedic IMO.

Ever seen Who framed Roger Rabbit or whatever it was called where there were cartoons mixed in with real actors, it sucked.

Real live action Pokemon Movie = TERRIBLE MOVIE WAITING TO HAPPEN!

CGI would be the only way to make realistic/true to form Pokemon. Real live Pokemon would look tacky and just plain comedic IMO.

Ever seen Who framed Roger Rabbit or whatever it was called where there were cartoons mixed in with real actors, it sucked.

What about CGI and live-action, like Where the Wild Things Are or the Chronicles of Narnia films? That would be uber-awesome.

And Roger Rabbit was a great movie.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom