• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Create-A-Challenge!

The Brave Challenge!

Designed for people who own an Action Replay.

1. Use the Cheat Code to Walk Through Walls.
2. Get to the League ASAP.
3. Use the Unlimited Medicine Code... BUT DON'T USE RARE CANDIES!
4. Beat the Elite 4.

RULES:

You MAY Catch other Pokémon by the League, but remember, no using Rare Candies.

The Thunder Challenge
First off, catch the nearest Electric-Type Pokemon in the game.
Beat the Elite Four of the game with that Pokemon as your leader.
It must be at least as strong as your Starter Pokemon by the time you beat the game.
You can use Rare Candies on any Pokemon besides it.
Battle Style must be switched to "Set"
When you switch Pokemon from your PC, the Pokemon you would normally put in the box, must be released.
If you get an Eevee in the game, evolve it into Jolteon, ASAP.
You may not use the Move Tutor.
You may not use any Electric-Type TMs on the Electric Pokemon you caught.
No Pokemon can know more than two HM moves.
In Gen 4 games, you may not use Flash.

Last edited:
First off, catch the nearest Electric-Type Pokemon in the game.
Beat the Elite Four of the game with that Pokemon as your leader.
It must be at least as strong as your Starter Pokemon by the time you beat the game.
You can use Rare Candies on any Pokemon besides it.
Battle Style must be switched to "Set"

Kind of a pointless challenge, though... the only thing you're being forced to do is to use an Electric-type. What's so challenging about that...?

Here's one where the goal isn't to complete the game:

The Survival Challenge
  • Goal: Survive the game for as long as possible.
  • You may not use any healing items or go to the Pokemon Centre. The only thing you are allowed to do is to catch as many new Pokemon as possible and spam them.

Kind of a pointless challenge, though... the only thing you're being forced to do is to use an Electric-type. What's so challenging about that...?

That's true. I'll add something to it, then. Make it just slightly more challenging...

This ones for kids.

The Parental Challenge

The point is to play and complete the the game when your not allowed.

1. Only play when your not allowed. e.g. banned from ds, its bed time ect. ect.

2. If you get caught the challenge is deemed failed.

i know this is wimpy but its probably quite hard.

Gotta Catch `em All Challenge

-You must catch every wild pokemon you encounter after you receive your pokedex and initial pokeballs. If you defeat or run away from a pokemon or a pokemon flees, then you lose.

Wasted Week Challenge

-You will beat the elite four with seven different save files in seven days.
-After each defeat of the elite four, you will trade over one of your party pokemon that has a champion ribbon to a different game. Each pokemon must be different.
-On your 7th run through, when you get to the elite four trade over the 6 pokemon from your other 6 files and defeat the elite four with them. This is not for difficulty, since you probably leveled up one pokemon more than the others to beat the game faster anyway. It is purely for awesomeness.
-You do not have to complete one save file per day, but you must complete all 7 in a week.
-The games vary in time it takes to beat them, so the difficulty will go like this:

Very Easy: GSC/HGSS
Easy: RBY, FRL
Normal: RSE
Hard: DPPT

Last edited:
I can go one further.

The You-Must-Be-Crazy Challenge

• If a Pokemon faints, it is dead. You may not use it in battle, or use any of its TM/HM abilities outside of battle, ever again.
  • You must cheat or hack to make the only Pokemon in your team an Unown of your choice.
  • You may not catch any Pokemon, with the exception of HM slaves.
  • You may not run away from any battles.
  • You may not battle any trainer more than once.
  • You may not visit any Pokemon Center to heal your Pokemon.
  • You may not use any "escape" move such as Fly, Dig, or Teleport outside of battle.
  • Your Pokemon may not attack any wild Pokemon that is more than five levels lower than it.
  • The battle style must be set to "set".
  • You may not save or pause in any way. You must complete the game in one sitting.
  • You may not speed up the game using an emulator. You also may not run.
  • You may not use any non-healing items besides HMs. HMs may only be used once.
  • You may not use any recording device to prove that you completed this challenge.
  • If any event in the game forces you to break any of the above rules, the challenge is considered failed.
  • Optional: If you fail, you must restart your save and play once again.

Nobody will ever do this, of course. I just felt like making the most agonizing challenge ever.

:0 When I read that, I instantly thought, "I must've read that wrong." So I read it again. And I realized something: YOU ARE A SADISTIC, CRAZY PERSON! :-D DOn't worry, I'm a masochist, so I may actually do it.

More challenges, just because.

Indirect Challenge
  • Play the game normally until it is possible to poison or burn.
  • You must actively seek the ability to poison or burn from the beginning.
  • Once you can poison or burn, you may not use any physical or special attacks.
  • If your first poisoning or burning attack is physical or special, it does not count.

Shopaholic Challenge
  • If you have money, you must spend it as soon as you can. No exceptions.

Refresh Challenge
  • If any Pokemon is over level 50, release it.

Idiot Challenge
(for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
  • Never use Gummis.

Fisherman Challenge
  • Get all fishing rods as soon as you can.
  • Any time you encounter a body of water, you must fish in it until you encounter a Pokemon.
  • Any fished Pokemon must be caught.
  • Do not catch any non-fished Pokemon.
  • If you have non-Magikarp Pokemon, you must release your starter.
  • You must use the switch-out-on-first-turn method of training for any Magikarp that does not hold an EXP share and cannot use anything other than Splash.
  • You must fish with the best rod available.
  • You may fish as much as you want, you are not restricted to your first capture. You may also fish in the same body of water as much as you want.

Shopaholic Challenge
  • If you have money, you must spend it as soon as you can. No exceptions.

I always found "as soon as possible" to be quite a strange rule. It's not well-defined at all. I'd change this to:

You may not battle a trainer if you have more than P1000 on hand. (GSC special rule: You may not ask your mother to save money.)

I always found "as soon as possible" to be quite a strange rule. It's not well-defined at all. I'd change this to:

You may not battle a trainer if you have more than P1000 on hand. (GSC special rule: You may not ask your mother to save money.)

It means as soon as you encounter a way to spend your money, you must spend it.

Your replacement rule makes the Elite Four impossible.

It means as soon as you encounter a way to spend your money, you must spend it.

Your replacement rule makes the Elite Four impossible.

Oh, so basically, when you come to a new town? That would mean the rule should be as follows:

• As soon as you enter a city or town that has a Mart, you must spend as much money as possible in that mart. You may not leave the mart if you have more than P200 on hand.
Heheh, I forgot about that. The Elite Four are an exception.

Oh, so basically, when you come to a new town? That would mean the rule should be as follows:

• As soon as you enter a city or town that has a Mart, you must spend as much money as possible in that mart. You may not leave the mart if you have more than P200 on hand.
Heheh, I forgot about that. The Elite Four are an exception.
This sounds like something I can run.

Pure Single Shared-Type Challenge
  • You must build a team of Single-typed Pokemon that share the same type. An exception are Flying-types, which must all be Normal/Flying.
  • If a Pokemon dies, it must be placed in the PC or released and may never be used again.
  • You may not have more than 6 Pokemon at one time, but you may have less if you cannot get a team of 6.
  • You may only save twice.
  • You may only have a total of 10 of each healing item during your entire run and 1 of each Pokeball type. You may not use a Masterball.
  • HM slaves are allowed only if you are not abled to get a team of 6 and none of them can learn the required HM(s).
  • If all Pokemon die or and you cannot get any more of your type, you lose. If you can, you must box/release the killed mons and use only the new Pokemon.
  • You may not have more than one of the same species/evo line at any time (i.e. you may not catch another Rattata if you have already have one or a Raticate)
  • If you are using a Pokemon that gains a secondary type after evolution, you may not let it evolve into that stage.
  • You may not use in-game trades or gift Pokemon if you can get 6 of your type Pre-E4. (i.e. no Eevee if you can get 6 Normal-types, same for it's evos)
  • You may not use Legendaries.
  • You may not use your Starter after you have gotten at least one Pokemon of the desired type. Once you get the desired Pokemon, the starter must be boxed or released.

I might add more rules if I can think of them.

Last edited:
The Save Point Challenge
  • You may only save inside Pokemon Centers.

I normally do, anyway. It's a habit of having to save to access the lab in Stadium 1&2

The Copycat Challenge:
Goal: Complete a new game from the start.
Rules:
You may only use Yellow version for this. You must only use the first six Pokemon Ash Ketchum had in the anime. However, you are allowed to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle, and you do not have to release Butterfree or Pidgeot. You must have a team of Pikachu, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venusaur, Charizard, and Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise. You must name yourself ASH and your rival GARY.

I did this. I also did a Red challenge, but with Alakazam since Espeon didn't exist yet

Now here's my Two-League Speed Challenge, uncertain if it's even possible (many of these challenges aren't possible)

The rules: You have a meager Twenty (20) hours to capture Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Ho-Oh, and Lugia, and beat Red. You can't use Pokémon that don't have your ID# and OT name, and trading and breeding are forbidden (including Togepi).

Since Johto games (GSC/HGSS) have the most badges and the largest enemy trainers (Red's Level 88 Pikachu), the challenge only applies to them.

Anyone up for it?

Last edited:
I normally do, anyway. It's a habit of having to save to access the lab in Stadium 1&2

But do you ever save outside? Because this version disallows that.

Does your room thirty seconds after restarting the game count? I do that so I don't have to go through the long introduction again after losing to Rival by some random chance (Critical Hit). You can't access the lab at that point anyway because you don't have the Pokédex. Plus since it's a place you can fly to and heal at, I count it as a Pokécenter.

Yeah, you can save at your house.

Alright, we're going to need a new way to say "don't level grind". Too many people are using this, and there's no formalization for it.

Never evolve your Pokémon, and don't level grind. It's an easier challenge than most but you'll be surprised at how much stronger Pokémon get after evolving. Also, you can't catch Pokémon that are already evolved (ex. wild Raticate), and Legendary Pokémon are forbidden from use.
The Baby Challenge. Already been done before.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom