• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Demo discussion (not for spoilers/datamine info)

Sina and Dexio should be appearing 14 days after the initial part of the demo was cleared. (The policeman at the Marina should say he's still waiting 4 days.) The Alolan Dugtrio woman should be appearing and sticking around then too, though oddly enough she was apparently randomly appearing before then (I saw her briefly myself three days before Sina and Dexio appeared). There also hasn't been any update to install, so it's probably impossible that the Dugtrio woman was changed in some "update".

To be clear, the weekly events are the player's mom in the day on Tuesdays, Lillie on Fridays, and Hau on Sunday nights.

Interesting... Yeah, it seems like it is a timed thing after two weeks. I opened the demo a day late after it occurred for me (where the police guy down the pier is saying the shady deal will happen in 3 days instead of 4 like Tiddlywinks said), but despite that, I still had a guaranteed encounter with the Alolan Dugtrio lady on Ten Carat Hill. Wonder if there's anything else that changes?

Dexio and Sina appeared in the Pokémon Center, and I saw Alolan Dugtrio today too. I guess they made it so that it was guaranteed to appear after a certain amount of days but had a very small chance of appearing early.

The event at the marina just went live and it...Was actually pretty pointless. It was just two guys screaming about how cute their Slowpoke's tails are. Nothing more to it.

The "postgame" demo stuff in general was a bit disappointing imo. The policeman and the Machamp event did nothing at all and the Pikachu guy gave you a Mushroom.

I was also looking forward to future events with the mysterious old man, because in the first 3 times you speak to him he always says something different, but after that it just stays, even though he is there every day AND it even saves after you spoke to him. They could have really done something cool with the events, maybe like given us something, which you'd normally get later in the game ( a Z-Stone or a rare Pokemon, for example Jangmo-o), but alas, its just nothing. I'm still going back next friday for the girl in the harbour, but it has been a tad disappointing.

The "postgame" demo stuff in general was a bit disappointing imo. The policeman and the Machamp event did nothing at all and the Pikachu guy gave you a Mushroom.

I was also looking forward to future events with the mysterious old man, because in the first 3 times you speak to him he always says something different, but after that it just stays, even though he is there every day AND it even saves after you spoke to him. They could have really done something cool with the events, maybe like given us something, which you'd normally get later in the game ( a Z-Stone or a rare Pokemon, for example Jangmo-o), but alas, its just nothing. I'm still going back next friday for the girl in the harbour, but it has been a tad disappointing.
Yeah there haven't been many good events, like the Lillie event. The Lillie event was good because it introduced someone who is important to the games and got us wondering what is in her bag. Events like the marina or Machamp were just...Nothing.

It's an unfortunate side effect of the demo not being randomised like the Oras one was, IMO - because that took advantage of the Mirage Spot mechanic and randomised the events (except for a select few) as well as the locations they took place in. We've been discussing it a bunch on Discord and basically came to the same conclusion - after the first part of the demo, it leaves you wanting more - you've got far less to do in this demo aside from the mini events compared to Oras' demo, and heck, you don't even get to battle much to take advantage of Greninja's Battle Bond so it's no good for that either (unlike the Mega Evolution mechanic which was instantaneous and could be done by all three Pokémon you had available).

I don't mind the events not being all that flashy as long as I get items. Hoping the girl at the ferry terminal will give me something good.

Ditto that. The demo is just to give us a taste of what's yet to come, after all, it doesn't need a lot of flashiness. Sure some of the events are dull and such, but there are always going to be dull moments in various games, so it's no big deal. Besides, getting items is the real gem here. I just hope the woman at the ferry terminal gives us some types of Poke Balls like Heal Balls to transfer over, like the ORAS demo did. All the items so far have been good, but I would love to have some non-standard model Poke Balls to transfer over as well for early access, since at this point we've made a fortune in high-value items to sell in-game, and we don't know when we'll get access to the other types of Poke Balls at the moment.

Does anyone know if we can send items/Greninja yet if we pre-purchsaed? Or (what I expect) do I have to wait until the game comes out to transfer stuff? Don't wanna mess anything up

Does anyone know if we can send items/Greninja yet if we pre-purchsaed? Or (what I expect) do I have to wait until the game comes out to transfer stuff? Don't wanna mess anything up

You have to wait until the games are officially released. This applies to both physical cartridges and digital downloads, even if you have pre-download ability. It'll only work when the games are officially released. So until then everything that you've gained in the demo will stay there until everything it up and running on release day. At least that's what I've observed.

Oops I missed out on the Policeman event! :I Animal Crossing New Leaf made me forget.
Don't worry about it since there's nothing important going on in that event anyways. All it is just two men talking about their slowpokes' tails and fanboying over them. You get no item from this event.

Back
Top Bottom