• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Depositng

I find myself in this situation quite often. My team is very big, but there are some members I have a hard time switching. Case is with most of my shinies, my Empoleon, and Giratina.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I've had that depositing remorse many times before, but it's only recently that I really took note of it.

Kokoromori was a real good chap, and quite often was the saviour when all my best guys were down for the count. Kibago (who has since evolved into Onondo, and nicknamed Megatron) has become a valued permanent member, but I can't help but think back to Kokoromori. I'll have to find some vindication for him, he deserves that much.

Same thing happened to Desumasu, who I planned to evolve into Desukaan, until he got replaced by Hitomoshi. And Meguroko, who was replaced by Aaken, both are now formidable team-mates, but I do miss the old first string.

I figured it'd be happening a lot with all the cool new Pokémon of Gen V, but it was still a tough choice. I actually wanted to add Tsunbear to my team, but couldn't bring myself to sacrifice anyone else!

Weird that these are all emotionless data, but damned if I don't get attached to them!

yep. I also experience the other way around; there's a Pokémon I'd like to use but can't at the moment because I'm raising Pokémon that evolve through happiness.

worst I ever felt was getting rid of my sudowoodo for mamoswine and noctowl for ho oh both amazing pokemon but still feel sad looking through the photo album and seeing the sudden switch

They're just pieces of data.... I don't get upset. I abuse the critters in many ways.

I get a version of this. I was looking through photos of my team on the PC in SS and saw my little Magby and Bellsprout and Togepi back at the beginning of my adventure (all of whom are now boxed) and just get nostalgic and kinda sad...I also had a hard time deleting the FR save with my Nidoking on it.

I guess I felt it a little when I boxed luxray in Diamond but I've had many pokemon come and go through in game teams so I'd be depressed if I let it get to me too much. In fact, I don't even remember who I replaced when I traded hitmonchan and misdreavus into Soul Silver and neither of them stay on my team any more either. Other than the four of my in that game team that have HMs, no one stays on my team for very long at all actually, the rest are switched often for training and levelling.

In Pearl I've kept the same team the whole play through so far but I'm doing a piplup only run so that only makes sense. I am a little attached to little Pippy even though her stats are abysmal. You use only one pokemon through a whole game like that and they're more likely to grow on you.

It happened to me in Platinum. I boxed my trusty Staravia for an Aipom. That decision was extremely difficult

Something like that happened in platinum. I had Prinplup and Staravia to beat easily Gardenia, but, when I received Togepi... I had a hard choice. I left my Lv 22 Staravia in the box. And I don't feel vad about it XD

I felt bad boxing my Crobat. I caught her as a Zubat, trained her all the way up to Lv 100...she even helped me catch all the roaming Pokemon in Sinnoh. But she had an abysmal ATK stat, which is bad for a Poison/Flying type, and I bred a Brave Tropius that could do her job so much better...
Still, it was sad to evict her from my Party box, and put her in with all the riff-raff.

I had a Typhlosion I accidentally bred with the terrible Attack stat of its mother because I knew nothing of the Power band items and their IV inheriting effects, and didn't hesitate to simply put it in the Daycare for breeding good Cyndaquils with (it's got a perfect HP IV, only good it's ever been for). And I raised it from level 1, too, obviously. Didn't feel a thing but annoyance that I didn't get to give it the seemingly perfect Speed IV of its momma while I had the chance. Also, the Corsola I caught early on with a haxxed Super rod?

Box'd for its low species-inherent stats and easily exploited type weaknesses, even though it's somewhat well-off with its "relatively superior" status (as opposed to the aforementioned Typhlosion's "above average").

I get like that too. You just get attached to them and it's really hard. Though, if I really need to, I will swap 'em out.

I try to only catch 6 Pokémon for this very reason. I'm playing Platinum right now and my team just got completed right past Veilstone, and I only had 3 or 4 team members for the first few gyms.
I only deposit when I need two HM slaves in my party, where I let a team member temporarily get into the box so that I have access to new areas, and sometimes it's a necessity too (Distorted World, anyone?).
These two quotes sum up what I do very nicely too. That way you don't have to suffer the heartbreak D:

~ Off-Topic (?): I thought this thread was going to be about how useless the Deposit/Withdraw feature is; I almost always use the Move function now :p.
Same here.

Also, in Emerald, I met an Absol, and decided that he's a better Pokemon to have around than Mightyena, since he has Pressure (not the best reason, but it was MY reason). I felt a little hesitant to give up my (at that time) hard-trained Mightyena, but I think the sacrifice was worth, because Pressure was helpful in my run (where I out-stalled a Milotic used by Wallace).
Blasphemy, the Wolf/Hyena thing is much better than the emo dog with the weird growth coming out of its head![/Mightyenafangirling]

Years ago, I was forced to put my Geodude in the PC so that there would be a place for a Sandshrew, because I thought it was so much cooler. It was a guilt-ridden day...

I think my gible would be much more useful in my party before the sinnoh E4, but i cant stand to put away my luxray or my absol.

I replace pokémon if better options are available, unless I'm particularly fond of them and they're still useful.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom