• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Diamond and Peal; 2D or 3D?

2d is definately the way to go. I mean look at the current pokemon games for the DS. All 2D, all amazing games (barring pokemon dash :p)

I really think it would be better as a 2d game i mean if it ain't broke dont fix it. But also i would love to have that multi region feature (like in crystal - which is one of my favorites) just to go and see what kanto is like after the original r/y/b that was awsome

I think that the overworld should all be in 2d, but in the battle, you could have the choice of having the animations on the top screen in 3d or 2d. Now that would be really good.

you know what that is an awsome idea that would be really cool and all the vs (battles pvp and pvc should 3d as well):unworthy:

Personally, alot of the reason I love Pokémon is because of the minimalist graphics. I'd be disappointed to see that go.

2D all the way.

I'd say 2D. It's hard to say how much GameFreak can push the 2D visuals, probably bigger Mother-esque sprites or something like Ranger due to the DS' higher resolution.

While 3D could work for battles, the pacing could be a little off. What about the people who turn OFF the battle animations to speed through the game?

Think about it.

Hopefully 2D. There's no need to waste space in 3D interfase when it is good enough in 2D. It'd be much better to have a big enough Region to explore, and many quests and such.

I think the current style is OK. Maybe a bit improved and with bigger people, as opposed to the chibi icons of always. But it'll be OK whatever they do...

Orion said:
I think the current style is OK. Maybe a bit improved and with bigger people, as opposed to the chibi icons of always. But it'll be OK whatever they do...

aw, I actually like that style for people.. I like it better than ranger's full images anyways..

I know it's not very likely, but if it IS in 3D (god forbid), I would like to see the spaces inside buildings at least LOOK the same size as outside. I mean I just don't want a pokemon centre with the properties of a freaking TARDIS.

I like the way Ranger looks. 2D but more ...um... dimensiony than the older games

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom