• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Disturbing music from Non Horror video games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArceusAlpha493

The benevolant creator
Reaction score
Halloween is coming up in two weeks and what better way to countdown in naming the disturbing video game music from non horror video games that look lighthearted but have creepy music like Old Chateau and Lavender Town mentioned alot on here since this is a Pokemon Forum. Anyways, list your disturbing music you have listened to before either from those you heard from childhood when playing video games to now that creeped you out or worse gave you nightmares and never played the game for sometime. Now let the creepiness begin and post links to these creepy music from each Nintendo franchise. Also, it does not have to be a Nintendo franchise, it can be a game that was on a Nintendo console or others.

Here are mine

Donkey Kong: Disturbing Video Game Music 12: Haunted Ballroom Brouhaha - YouTube Warning, beware of a Creepy JigglyPuff on a link to Lavender Town reversed.

Kirby: Disturbing Video Game Music 13: Ripple Star Catacombs - YouTube

Pokemon: Disturbing Video Game Music 13: Ripple Star Catacombs - YouTube Again, Creepy JigglyPuff on a link to Lavender Town them reversed

Mario: Disturbing VGM 2: River twygz bed (Super Paper Mario) - YouTube

Zelda: Shadow Temple Music - YouTube

Now list yours but it does not have to be this many but it can be one or two. Also, feel free to discuss the music your experiences too.

Although it's perhaps just me being a bit of a wuss, these really made me a bit uneasy... I'm sure more will come to me later, I grew up on a steady diet of RPGs, after all. >__>

Kingdom Hearts I - Destati
I'll blame the voices in this one; in such tones they can become really eerie for me and this song really filled me with anticipation and fear as a kid.

Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicle - Ancient Mural
This song took the biscuit. Freaked me out quite a bit.

Zelda and its incidental creepiness....

Forest Temple (Ocarina of Time) The rattling would always get to me, and I often found myself hyperventilating to the flutes, which is both funny and creepy.

Final Hours (Majora's Mask) Both the Final Day and Final Hours songs would scare me so much that I would try to spend as little time in those periods as possible. I just couldn't bear the thoughts that they would drive into me- that the time is nearly running out. Having to wait for Kafei in the last 5 minutes was a true test to my nerves.

It appears I am the first to post in this thread during a month that isn't October.
Anyways, a few pieces of music that I find haunting include:

When the player is getting closer to fighting the final boss of Pokemon Rumble Blast.
The non-battle theme that plays in the final world in the first Kingdom Hearts game.

I don't know how to provide links, but I find these to be very creepy and make me feel like I am not safe.

The Clozer Woods Sub-Gate track from Mega Man Legends is actually kind of disturbing, or more unsettling rather. I liken the Sub-Gate as the Legends equivalent of LoZ:OoT's Shadow Temple because that's just the sort of vibe I get from it, although only because of the track, as the rest of the dungeon itself is rather boring and kind of empty. Then again, so are the rest of the dungeons in the first Legends title.

Thinking about it though, considering that Clozer's Sub-Gate is the very key needed to unlock the gate to Kattelox Island's essential doomsday bot, maybe the unsettling track is kind of fitting.

N's Playroom music from BW2. Creeped me out. o_o

Giygas's battles from EarthBound.

Last edited:
While not specifically scary in-game, Chaos from Fire Emblem Awakening can be a little eerie.

The song "13" from Minecraft. I wouldn't recommend listening to it in the dark.

Must...Bump... Thread...

The music that plays in the Twilight Relm, the music that plays when fighting Shadow Beasts, the City in the Sky music and the Zant battle theme from Zelda:Twilight Princess instantly spring to mind.

The fools idol theme from demon's souls. Listening to that theme while fighting that boss give you a clear impression that something is very wrong with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom