• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you believe in aliens?

Do you believe in aliens?

• Yes

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • Yes, but they've never visited Earth

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Yes, but there's no other sentient life

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Unsure/I don't know

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

Cap'n Jack

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score
So, do you believe in life not of this Earth?

I certainly do. There's just no way a galaxy this vast, let alone the entire Universe, can have ONE planet with life on it. I have mixed emotions on the issue of aliens actually visiting Earth. I'm a skeptic as far as abductions go, but I think it's safe to say that aliens have visited Earth in the past. There's Roswell, that one sighting in Sao Paulo (or some other city in Brazil, I believe it was in 1997), and while those individual sightings may not be real aliens, I think it's safe to assume that some otherworldly beings have visited our big rock that we call "Earth" before.

But anyway, I'm getting a bit sidetracked. Do you believe in aliens?

Yes I do, I am one

you pretty much summed it up. There is now way that out of everything in the universe, only one tiny planet has what we call life
Prehaps they haven't visited earth but I think they are out there somewhere.

I always have, but not in the typical sense. To quote Bones: "There's nothing on Earth that's worth traveling what are literally astronomical distances to see."

But not only is the universe bigger than neurologically possible to comprehend with the human mind, it's even bigger than that. So believing that Earth is the only haven of life-sustaining conditions and resources, in a universe that is quite literally infinite, is in my opinion an illogical and even perhaps sheltered and/or naïve perception of how reality functions. Although I also belive in unicorns and whatnot, justified with the quantum matrix, so I wouldn't trust my perception of reality either.

Yes, I do. As mentioned by some people already, the universe is so vast that it would be foolish to think we're the only living creatures in it. However, I don't think they visited the Earth.

That is not a question. In the near-infinitity of the universe, it bound to have some other form of life. However, I believe any life is too distant to reach us.

Yes, and Apollo 18 showed that they aren't always humanoid. I also have to go with the ancient astronaut theory for them visiting Earth.

No. Just because we're too lazy as a society nowadays to understand how people could make things like pyramids without machines doing it for them, that doesn't mean aliens were involved.

Yeah, the universe is big, but I don't believe in anything else being out there. If there were others, they'd either be viruses under rocks, or similar to us in technology. Meaning they're wondering if there's life out here. Heck, we assume things about what we know about space. We don't even know everything about our solar system, much less the rest of the galaxy, other galaxies, what's inbetween everything, and so forth. We don't even know everything about our own planet.

Yes, I believe that life exists outside of Earth. However, more than likely it is the extraterrestrial equivalent of a virus, bacteria or mold. If life elsewhere has developed as far as we have on Earth, it's probably developed in such a different way than animal life on earth that it would be nearly impossible to communicate with it in any sort of reliable way.

So yes, but not in the traditional sense.

Yes, but they never visited Earth.

However... I wish they wouldn't visit Earth. What if it turns out to be something like Independence Day?

I was speaking the truth; that movie showed that there is extraterrestrial life. It was all in camera footage for pete's sake, which means it has to be real.

Isn't Apollo 18 a mockumentary? I'm still confused. :S

No. Just because we're too lazy as a society nowadays to understand how people could make things like pyramids without machines doing it for them, that doesn't mean aliens were involved.

Yeah, the universe is big, but I don't believe in anything else being out there. If there were others, they'd either be viruses under rocks, or similar to us in technology. Meaning they're wondering if there's life out here. Heck, we assume things about what we know about space. We don't even know everything about our solar system, much less the rest of the galaxy, other galaxies, what's inbetween everything, and so forth. We don't even know everything about our own planet.

I don't think aliens were involved in the pyramids. Most people don't. Aliens are not an excuse to explain the unexplained. That's why man invented God. Yes, we're just "assuming" that aliens are out there, because we don't know for sure, and we are essentially guessing and whatnot, but it's gonna take a really long time to know everything there is to know. And just because we've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I refuse to believe humans are the most "advanced" (call it what you may) beings. Humankind is crap, so aliens probably want nothing to do with us XDD

Yes, and Apollo 18 showed that they aren't always humanoid. I also have to go with the ancient astronaut theory for them visiting Earth.

I couldn't resist...
9391305.jpg

The ancient astronaut theory is on par with Bigfoot and Nessie.

Life might exist out there. It most certainly hasn't visited Earth, not in recent years or earlier. I don't really care about whether or not it does exist. Seeing how immensely huge the universe is, I would think it's not very probable that it doesn't exist.

I believe life may exist outside Earth. The universe is huge,its highly possible that there are other places out there that can sustain life. I think its not nessesary the same types of life that exist on Earth of course, and probably not like the kind of Aliens you see in movies and stuff. As for whether they have visited Earth, I dont know, thats possible to if they were intelligent enough to travel to other planets. We have no way of knowing though, since there is no proof of this, or that there are Aliens at all.

yes there probably is aliens out there. earth cant be the only planet in the universe that can support life. it just cant

So, do you believe in life not of this Earth?

I certainly do. There's just no way a galaxy this vast, let alone the entire Universe, can have ONE planet with life on it. I have mixed emotions on the issue of aliens actually visiting Earth. I'm a skeptic as far as abductions go, but I think it's safe to say that aliens have visited Earth in the past. There's Roswell, that one sighting in Sao Paulo (or some other city in Brazil, I believe it was in 1997), and while those individual sightings may not be real aliens, I think it's safe to assume that some otherworldly beings have visited our big rock that we call "Earth" before.

But anyway, I'm getting a bit sidetracked. Do you believe in aliens?

Yes, and pretty much exactly what you said. Unfortunately, seeing as there's been no confirmed contact with them, our planet, or at least our species, will die out long before anything out there notices, or makes it here.

Back
Top Bottom