• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you find Georgia/Langley to be an interesting rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Georgia's a nice rival, I think. I don't really feel her rivalry with Iris. After her first appearance, it was kinda hard for me to view her as a legit threat since Iris is this super-skilled trainer with her Excadrill (and Dragonite later on). I do wonder what she would've been like as Ash's rival.

We know Georgia had a terrible loss at the hands of someone in the Village of Dragons. I was thinking, why not make said trainer Drayden instead? I don't believe we ever hear anything about Georgia challenging Drayden, even though he's the Dragon Master. And having both girls get their butts kicked by him would give them some kinship. Or something like that. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
I like Georgia as a character. She didn't deserve being trashed by Dragonite and honestly I rooted for her whenever she argued/faced Iris.

Yes I like Her as a Rival she was pretty good and I liked her and her Rivalry with Iris.

I pretty much hated Georgia. She was annoying, rude, and a sore loser. I also didn't see much of a real rivalry with her and Iris. They just seemed to insult one another all the time; sometimes on things that weren't even related to battling.

She may have been a little Annoying at times but was a Good rival I think and MUCH BETTER THAN Trip i think I could be wrong but I think that.

Right, think it's alright to give a sum-up of her character now:

As a rival to Iris? No. I found her goal kinda strange and limiting given how willing she was to single out Iris each and every time and encourage her to rush to being a Dragon Master rather than go stark raving mad with any trainer with a Dragon/thought Dragons were cool. As a character? Well, that's where it gets interesting...

When Georgia was first introduced, she and all her actions were made to be as detestable as possible to make us want to root for Iris...and ignore how overblown, petty and honestly ridiculous the total situation between her and Excadrill really was. Esp. since the situation gets washed over just like that making the resolve even worse. Still, her cleaning out an entire group breakfast and even criticizing Cilan after that made not like her, so good job there, writers.

Georgia then appears again in the Don tournament. This was actually where Best Wishes S1 really shines, having recurring opponents to the main cast come back to interact with them and each other opening up all sorts of dynamics. Oh, don't get me wrong, the first Don was horrible what with so many jokes and characters (who will not be mentioned) ran their course so hard into the ground--
Right, it was after this arc that Georgia became less walking plot jerk-matter and more a catty though surprisingly chill rival chick. Iris willingly bitching her back and being an equally obnoxious little girl towards her was as in-character for Iris as it was...kinda amusing.

When Georgia wasn't dealing with Iris or putting up with Zoura messing with her, her dynamics with the other sociable rivals/characters was where she really started to sing. And this continued to be the case every time she appeared. There's no denying she's a good battler either, even if she is a sore loser and...a sore winner while we're at it.

Sadly Best Wishes S2 came along and she was thrashed with no saving grace in a match that really made my head hurt. At that point though Georgia's words resonated pretty well. While I was pleased to see Iris was actually bothered by Georgia's calling her on the results of that match (as shown the next episode) my respect for Georgia skyrocketed and then some for doing it at all and continually doing so on the sidelines until she (and Burgundy rightly) teased Iris when she was finally ousted from the tournament.

Yes, these kinda of things are in Georgia's nature and I doubt the viewers were to take anything she says seriously as the mean rival girl but, dammit, that blasted arc was so full of shenanigans I was glad someone in-universe was willing to point a finger somewhere.

td;lr- As a rival I don't find Georgia interesting at all though I think she was more a plot device/foil(?) for Iris to succeed most of the time. As a character, she's a better existence so long as Iris wasn't in the picture. A shame they never expand upon her "dragon busting" (I dunno know about you, but an anti-dragon character in the cast in gen where dragons were lords woulda been hella interesting).

She was a good duo with Burgundy though I'm sure neither realized it.

The Interactions between Georgia and Burgundy are just SOOOOOO Priceless to me and it so ******* Hilarious and i would have liked to see more of That Happening.

Yes I like Her as a Rival she was pretty good and I liked her and her Rivalry with Iris.

I liked Georgia as a rival but I didn't like the rivalry. At times it seemed like she and Burgundy had more chemistry than they communicated. Not only that but Axew being the only dragon before Dragonite came was barely used against her. Then suddenly when it shows up Georgia is never to be seen again? I mean what kind of crap is that? They could have at least have her say goodbye or something geez!

Georgia was a fairly enjoyable character and I liked that she was one of the few people calling Iris out on her flaws, but I didn't like her as a rival. The rivalry between Iris and Georgia went nowhere pretty quickly. It didn't really impact Iris in any way and Georgia spent more time with Burgundy on the sldelines than with Iris. Considering that Georgia was able to beat Iris' only Dragon Pokemon at the time when they first met, it seemed really strange that she would be so obsessed about beating her, especially in the first two tournament arcs. Their last battle consisting of Dragonite winning the match and not Iris, as even Georgia put it herself, was pretty weak. While it would have been nice to give her a brief send off before they left Unova, there really wasn't anything in their rivalry that warranted something like that.

I loved their rivalry. Even though it had no real closure, I found it most enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom