• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do You Get Angry/Flip out/Sweat Nervously Playing Pokemon Games?

snorlaxzilla

Rye or the Kaiser?
Reaction score
Whenever I play Pokemon Pearl and I try capturing a hard Pokemon I sweat and shout because most of my Pokemon are dying and I'm losing and I damage my DS sometimes. Anyways, do you get angry alot when playing Pokemon?

I've done that. Did it today actually. My brother found a shiny Sableye (the first Shiny I have encountered since that Golbat in Silver) and I was so excited. I ripped the DS out of his hands (I hate how he has one and I do not) and, because his team is not my own, I didn't want to risk attacking the Sableye. So I kept throwing ultra balls. I was getting so nervous and frustrated (and angry since the pokeball almost caught him) and felt relieved when after 26 ultra balls we got him.

I really get into the game.

Some people told me that you needed to use your master ball on Palkia. I knew it wasn't true, but I still got a bit sweaty when I caught it with no problems with my first Ultra ball.

Also, Rocket places in old games and severely long battles always got me a bit nervous. But mainly long battles.

I got very nervous when my Battle Castle match came down to Salamence surviving a LO Gengar Shadow Ball. she did, and the LO recoil finished it off after my entire team was put to sleep.

I get nervous when fighting a long battle or trying to catch a rare pokemon. I never get angry though, I'm a pretty chill person :)

I get angry when luck combines and gives me terrible results. Like if I take two turns to boost defense, then the enemy gets a critical hit and KO's me. Or if I heal a status and their attack gives me another one as a secondary effect. Or if my pokemon attacks itself with confusion 5 times in a row. You get the picture.

I do often get angry when playing Mystery Dungeon. It's usually when my moves constantly miss for no reason and the foe is destroying me.

I got really nervous with my rematch with Palkia. Even after I caught it, I was still a little bit nervous. I was also nervous in my batttle against the E4.

I used to get crazy nervous during gym battles back when I was 13 and didn't know how to win (so I got by with sheer luck) but now I only get nervous during wi-fi battles, when I'm on the verge of losing somehow, any boss battle in Ranger or Mystery Dungeon, or when I'm looking for shinies and think I've found one...but didn't really. :|

Every time I get into a larger dungeon in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. It never fails. And battling, say, Dialga? I'm a wreck. I've had my ass handed to me by him too many times, even though I got better eventually.

The PMD games are my favorite, but they're the ones I fail at the most.

The regular games, though, I KNOW if I ran into a shiny and missed out on it, I would go absolutely batshit insane. Luckily I managed to catch the one shiny I've run into (a shiny wingull).

I get stupid nervous when I chain, after getting 11 I basically freak out and become paranoid at breaking it. I also get super nervous when catching the legendaries, one time I used up 90% of my pokeballs on my Azelf (I started over of course). Was getting annoyed and paranoid...

Only when I am playing the pokeball only quest on the gamecube games. Or better, my new and improved female only pokeball only challange on Colloseum. Its not how many tries it takes to catch them, I am used to that since I caught every Pokemon in XD in a pokeball. It's the fact that Shadow Rush is recoil, so they end up knocking themselves out.

Only while trying to catch Beldum have I ever raged at pokemon. Oh and Honey trees as well.

No, never. Not at the main games at least. Shadow pokemon that keep breaking out, or hard dungeons do however. But pokemon games do not stress me out as much as other games (like rhythm paradise)

Do I get angry, flip out, or sweat nervously when playing Pokèmon?

... Uh... No.

When I was younger I'd curse at Pokèmon Stadium/2, but I eventually thought about it; why? Does it feel better to use or do things out of anger? Does it make the game easier? Does it compensate for the time and effort I spent? Will developing the tendencies to curse and act angrily make me a more helpful, productive, or pleasant person? The answer to all of those it "No".

When I was younger I'd curse at Pokèmon Stadium/2, but I eventually thought about it; why? Does it feel better to use or do things out of anger? Does it make the game easier? Does it compensate for the time and effort I spent? Will developing the tendencies to curse and act angrily make me a more helpful, productive, or pleasant person? The answer to all of those it "No".

Lol big deal, whenever I play Mario kart wii I always curse. I just can't play the game without it. Cursing at video games is just a way to release your stress without breaking your console/handheld

Do I sweat nervously when I play Pokemon? Only when I'm trying to catch a shiny. When I caught my shiny Elekid on Pearl, my hands were shaking so badly I could barely hold my DS. (He wouldn't go quietly, so I finally pitched a Master Ball at him.)

Even after I caught him I was trembling. My fingers were shaking so badly that I could barely type out his nickname: Bumblebee. I think it took me five tries to get it right. :sweatlol:

Yeah, pokemon really pisses me off sometimes... The fight with Cyrus has to be the most difficult fight in all the pokemon games for me. That left me really frazzled... I had to return and do the distortion world a second time, and still then I barely made it.

Contests. I always get angry if someone's Pokémon is better than mine (curse that Damien and his Chingling!), and I usually fail at the dancing part. Too bad that I'm going to work to get better at super contests = my mental health is in danger. xP

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom