• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do You Remember "Playing" Pokemon When You Were Younger?

Did you "Play" Pokemon?

• Total voters
I still play Pokemon, but we're usually Trainers, and I'm Turtwig. One time was funny because he was Pidgeot, and I tried chucking my toy boomerang as a Razor Lead. He got smacked in the head and fell off my treehouse's zipline launch platform, and fell like five feet. He yelled, "I use Fly!Nononononono...*Splat*" I walked to him and said. "Pidgeot has fainted. You blacked out. Hand over my Quilava Badge you stole."

I got it back.:)

I still play Pokemon, but we're usually Trainers, and I'm Turtwig. One time was funny because he was Pidgeot, and I tried chucking my toy boomerang as a Razor Lead. He got smacked in the head and fell off my treehouse's zipline launch platform, and fell like five feet. He yelled, "I use Fly!Nononononono...*Splat*" I walked to him and said. "Pidgeot has fainted. You blacked out. Hand over my Quilava Badge you stole."

I got it back.:)

sorry i just lol at this

Koopa-Paratroopa is a genius.

I used to play Pokemon when I was in lower school. There were these broken logs that were used for seats, but we used to climb on them and stuff. I was almost always Butterfree....

...no idea why..I don't really care for Butterfree a great deal...

I remember just saying 'Pi-Pikachu/Pi-Pi-Pi/Pika-Pi/Pika-whatever' a lot cos I was five and had gotten Pokemon Yellow and my older brother just told me not to do or say anything about me being good at Pokemon because he was older and autmatically better. So I believed him of course xD

Oh, and I remember the plushies, rucksacks, card games and movies! And the fingerless gloves that I cut the fingers off to be like Ash! Ash is ledge xD

i used to, seemed like every attack we used ended up being -push the other guy to the ground-

Of course I did. I was more into the trainer role, rather than the Pokemon itself. In fact, the majority of our town's children were. The older kids used to tell us that if we were good, we could put a picture of our favorite Pokemon under a lamp for the night, it would come to life in the morning.

OMG yes! My sister and I (she was 4-5 at the time, I was 8-9) used to do that ALL THE TIME.

Though, of course, after a few months, I switched over to playing my "spoof" characters... still, I'd challenge random students to "battles" of my creatures vs. theirs (they'd usually use real Pokémon, but sometimes they'd come up with their own, or use other non-Pokémon characters... I remember one of my classmates who I'd always "battle" used Goku once and I was like "THAT'S CHEATING!!!")

It was a good way to keep myself from being bored all the time... plus I occasionally got some good ideas out of these. When I "battled" a stranger kid who appeared in school on a bike, he came up with a character that I happened to like, and after censoring it by changing its name to "Poop Monkey" (you can probably guess what its original name was), I adopted it... it's still one of my favorites today.

Memories...

I remember talking to my Pokémon cards and pretending they were really Pokémon. I also remember making gym badges out of construction paper and taping them to my shirt, then wearing them to school and telling kids I was defeating gym leaders on the weekends.

Sounds cute, right? Except for the fact that I wasn't six or seven - I was 13. It took me a long time to mature.

Aressted development, so funny. When I'm board on the school bus, I make Pokemon noises.I yell at the pokemon in my games too.

I still do. My six year old brother forces me to have pretend battles with him.

Me and my friend still do on the weekends.

Its kinda a mix between Naruto and pokemon played in a episode style format
(Complete with commercials) It is currently on its 12th season and Itachi has his own team of Pichu's and dawn has her own team of piplups which battle through out the series as a running gag

Their is lots more but its so complex (their was a war bettwen team aqua and magma for 1 season)

I just remembered that I would have "Pokemon Pool Battles" in the pool.

I was Vaporeon so they let me "melt" and go underwater the whole time to dodge attacks.

Unfortunately the fat kid in the neighborhood was Wailord and would drown everyone so I would still lose :(

We didn't play "Pokemon Pool Battle" much after that.

I used to do that with my sister and a few people I knew in school! But most of the time, I was by myself xD I was a really lonely little kid. I'd pretend I was a Trainer and I would take care of sick Pokemon and get them to love me. One time I wrote in my journal in second grade about how I took care of a Scyther whose arm-blade was bleeding, so I bandaged it and made it feel better :)

I was a cute kid. Then life happened xD

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom