• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP123: Pokémon Contest! Tatsunami Tournament!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 123 "Pokémon Contest - Tatsunami Tournament!!"

[bp=DP123]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

Not much shown in the preview other than Hikari's Eteboth battling Kengo's Pottaishi

Airs April 16 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo so we get a break next week.

Last edited:
Re: DP 123 "Pokémon Contest - Tatsunami Tournament!!" Preview Thread

Kengo must win this time. If Dawn won, contests would be boring and unexcited.

wait, Jun is staying! awesome.

DP123_Preview.jpg

Musashi is using Manene! It's a freaking miracle! :-D

Assuming Mime Jr. is used for appeals and the pink aura like totter dance was for appeals and was used by Mime Jr. What is Pachirisu doing in the audience? Wasn't it going to be used for Dawn's appeal in this contest? I don't see why Dawn would use Ambipom for both.

Of course it's possible that it's part of the battle round but it seems like an odd attack combo to use during the battles. But its probably like Kyle's Lanturn's charge attack.

Well then this is interesting. If dawn goes against Musashi and wins wil she win against Kengo? I hope so i want the 5th ribbon already!

So what now we direct our attention from the duo and direct it to the dark shady pokemon of Sinnoh?

I hope she'll decide to finally use Mamoswine in the appeal

Last edited:

I think its great that Kenny will have one on-screen win against Dawn.

It will also set up the rivalry nicely for when Dawn gets her revenge match against him in the Grand Festival.

God, did I mentioned just how much I don't like this whole HD setup? It just makes the fact that Pokemon is extremely cheaply animated so clear it hurts my eyes. It looks like goddamned Flash. And everything just feels too stretched out.

How is anything stretched out?

Hooray for Jun! And Manene! And the new preview screens :-D Ah, I love this HD bizzo!

Juuuuun...

How is anything stretched out?

I don't know, it just looks like... there are too many characters or too much of a character or too much of the goddamned background in every shot and it just drives me nuts. There's too much space and too many things in that space. It makes me physically uncomfortable.

I've always thought the pokémon backgrounds were really nicely done...

I say Jessie wins this one. She only has two ribbons thus far, Dawn has 4. Jessie needs to catch up- seriously, if she wasn't going to the Grand Festival, the writers wouldn't waste their time giving her ribbons.

That would mean she beats Kengo again or Hikari. I don't see either happening.

Hopehully Manene will get her trough the appeals round again, atleast.

Ambipom Vs. Prinplup is the finals, is it not?

That means Jessie loses again.

Ambipom Vs. Prinplup is the finals, is it not?

Is this confirmed?

As much as I'd love Musashi to win, I don't think she will. And at this stage, the GF is looking rather far off for her :-( I have this horrible suspicion that they'll give her 4 ribbons and then a humiliating defeat.

Though I do hope she at least makes the appeals as Meron said. (And hopefully uses the woefully underused-in-contests Habunake in her battle/s. I think I'm hoping for too much ;-))

I don't know, it just looks like... there are too many characters or too much of a character or too much of the goddamned background in every shot and it just drives me nuts. There's too much space and too many things in that space.

I think I know what you mean. At the ending of the Snover episode when they were showing the teacher and her kids, it seemed like she was cut and pasted into the background.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom