• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Elite 4, do you train prior?

...I think I remember a rather recent run of Diamond where I had absolutely hideous team, and I figured "eh, level 40 before Victory Road will do it". ...well, it did. After about 200 attempts against Cynthia to get enough luck hax.

I have a bad habit of not farming and then just forcefully push through anyways, and that's annoying. :p

No. Its not really necessary to do this, as even if you are lower in level as long as you battle smartly you can win. So I've always pretty much challenged the E4 even when they were a bit higher in levels than me.

The one time that I considered training though was for Sinnoh's E4, which were imo the hardest. However, I actually matched the levels of BW's E4 without training due to the easier mechanics.

No, not usually. I find that through SEs and Revives I can typically take them down, even if they're higher in levels than me.

I usually train, but not as much as I should. I'm so impatient.

In HG I used the pendent that doubles win earnings in order to use the elite four as a training tool. Once I lost I would have already recovered enough money from the members I beat to buy more items I needed.

I usually challenge the Elite Four when my pokemons' levels are around 5 lower then them. That way, I can still win and set myself with a hard challenge :) I never try to overlevel my pokemon - challenging underleveled is quite fun. So, I don't really spend that much time training in Victory Road cuz in my standards, I'm pretty much always ready to challenge the E4 right away after I get through that cave.

I just challenge them as soon as I get there, so my Pokemon are usually the same level as the lowest level Pokemon in that particular league, or a little lower.

I usually never train, I'm like Level 25 at the first gym and I work my way from then on. But to be honest, I do use repels in Victory Road sometimes when I just really want to get to the league.

In Pokémon Ruby / Sapphire, I always confront the Elite 4 when all of my Pokémons have reached the Lv.50
I think the odds of winning/losing are fair that way. :p

I'm always at a higher level than the Elite Four's Pokemon, when I reach them because I train vigorously before hand to be prepared. I have found that it is most beneficial to have as many Pokemon battles as you can get before them and don't try to avoid trainers.

I usually have to do some pre-E4 leveling up to face them. Besides that I make sure I have pokemon that have type advantage against their teams.

Not really. Although, I always somehow end up with my Levels and their Levels kinda matching.

I'm usually at a comfortable level to face them. The only time I have reached under-leveled was in Platinum. That was a nightmare.

Because I don't run a lot, I have a few that usually end up around L60 that can tank the E4 with a few items.

In my White playthrough I ended up with Sigilyph (64), Emboar (62), Musharna (45), Cofagrigus (43), and Swanna (Fly / Surf).

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom