• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Episodes that you can't stand to watch

"A Keeper for Keeps?!" has just made my list. And Hidden Mew's thoughts on it below are mine, too.
I'm the opposite as I thought it was one of the better fillers we had cuz of the comedy and BTW Bonnie to me is far from being the worst thing ever. Now for what I dislike, honestly not much besides anything from gen 5 and sometimes the OS series just cuz I'm not to big a fan of how the animation looked back then compared to even gen 3's style

I wouldn't say that Bonnie is the worst thing ever. Her running gag is awful and to be fair, pretty much all of the romantic influenced running gags in the series besides Serena's crush on Ash bother me to some extent, but when she isn't doing that bit, she's okay. I really liked the episode where she took care of that Tyrunt. It showed how much she loves Pokemon and how she'd be perfect as a breeder or a day care worker if she ever grew up, which she can't because characters don't age in this show. So more episodes like that and less focus on her annoying gag would be welcomed.

As for the episode itself, I might have been okay with it if it was funny for me, but it wasn't and the ending just made the whole episode feel extremely pointless. Why spend all that time with Bonnie worried about Clemont getting married only to continue the gag and everyone just laughing off Bonnie's behavior instead of telling her that she has a childish view of marriage and to emphasize that no means no. Admittedly, I'm probably thinking way more about this running gag than the writers did and I doubt that the target audience would see it in the same way I do, but it does bother me quite a bit.

I wouldn't say that Bonnie is the worst thing ever. Her running gag is awful and to be fair, pretty much all of the romantic influenced running gags in the series besides Serena's crush on Ash bother me to some extent, but when she isn't doing that bit, she's okay. I really liked the episode where she took care of that Tyrunt. It showed how much she loves Pokemon and how she'd be perfect as a breeder or a day care worker if she ever grew up, which she can't because characters don't age in this show. So more episodes like that and less focus on her annoying gag would be welcomed.

As for the episode itself, I might have been okay with it if it was funny for me, but it wasn't and the ending just made the whole episode feel extremely pointless. Why spend all that time with Bonnie worried about Clemont getting married only to continue the gag and everyone just laughing off Bonnie's behavior instead of telling her that she has a childish view of marriage and to emphasize that no means no. Admittedly, I'm probably thinking way more about this running gag than the writers did and I doubt that the target audience would see it in the same way I do, but it does bother me quite a bit.
I understand that and I can see how people can be easily turned off by how she runs, but again to me I still say that Iris is the worst possible thing to exist, sure Dawn was a copy of May and that she wanted to do contests, but at least it made for a satisfying conclusion by the end.

DP104
There are several episodes in DP that would've been better if they'd been 2-parters, and this one is the worst offender, giving poor Cresailia the short of the stick when it comes to Gen 4's legendaries in a story that reminds me of "Groudon vs. Kyogre" *shudder*

XY&Z fillers
The saga is over half over, they have several storylines they should've been working on, and giving characters & Pokemon alike some development in general...and yet they took time out for standard issue fillers that are essentially (not so) updated OS stories when they should've been making the overall story better. You think they could've at least thrown in more plot relevant scenes...

Last edited:
DP104
There are several episodes in DP that would've been better if they'd been 2-parters, and this one is the worst offender, giving poor Cresailia the short of the stick when it comes to Gen 4's legendaries in a story took much like the Groudon vs. Kyogre 2 parter *shudder*

XY&Z fillers
The saga is over half over, they have several storylines they should've been working on, and giving characters & Pokemon alike some development...and yet they took time out for standard issue fillers that are essentially (not so) updated OS stories when they should've been making the overall story better. You think they could've at least thrown in more plot relevant scenes...

The episodes(filler) they aired prior to the league were already, or almost complete by the time sun/moons release date was announced, which caught everyone(writers included) off guard. Episodes are made weeks in advance, hell the 2nd part of the ash vs sawyer battle was perhaps done after the kalos league trailer hit.

Now they had to conclude serenas master class contest,then finish the pokemon league, team flare arc, and finally prepare sun/moon to air by Nov/Dec maybe at the least. Im getting tired of fans thinking they wasted time, even though they still made just that to give us a satisfying 2v2 against sawyer, and alan.

On topic, the episodes I cant stomach are all the ash vs trip battles, especially the last. Ash line that"if I lose here, my journey would have been for nothing" line didnt sit quite right with me..........

Leading a Stray!

They don't even have a real problem. If Ash wanted Wailmer to get out of this place, he could simply catch it and release outside. All the bother was unnecessary.

Not only would that have been extremely out of character for Ash, but that's also not how they generally handle Pokemon captures in the series. Pokemon captures in the show are often about creating a bond between the trainer and the Pokemon. It's why quite a few capture episodes throughout the series are about the trainer connecting with the Pokemon before they battle or just throw a Pokeball at them. I understand that it would have been a far easier solution to the problem at hand, but it just wouldn't make sense within the context of the series or with Ash's character. It wasn't one of the worst DP filler episodes, but it didn't really stand out that much either.

"A Keeper for Keeps" has Bonnie at her worst, so that would be one I can't stand: made me realize I really preferred Max, as much as people seem to hate him.
"Dealing with a Fierce Double Ditto Drama" was pretty grating, too, had one of the worst COTDs ever, Narissa, and a lot of the dialogue was vomit inducing, even by TPCi's "standards" of dubbing.
"A PokeVision of Things to Come" because it was basically an episode about fashion with no real substance to it until the end, only for the conflict to be...not getting dirty to being ok with getting dirty....pathetic.

Good Quil Hunting (the episode where ash got his cydaquil) the COTD was so annoying as heck, infact he is to me the most annoying COTD ever.

Everything from that PWT Junior Cup. They basically took one of my favorite additions in B2W2 and wiped their arses with it. Special mentions go to Dragonite's tantrums, Iris consistently leaning on him through her battles in this event despite this, and that fucker Trip.

Pretty much nearly all of B&W especially Axew Gets Lost. If you ask me Axew should have just stayed lost... forever.

The Litleo, Quillidan and the lock eps, seriously we could have had more time developing Squishy or Team Flare or maybe even Alain yet you decide to create these three dull, unbearable, unfunny, miserable excuses of episodes.
Even for typical filler episodes, they're crap.

The Team Aqua and Magma arc, the second episode is the absolute pits, complete with some of the most laughable animation ever made.

And The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon.
Ignoring the voice cast change, this special was just a complete waste of time. The plot is smothered in a pile of clichés, Misty and May aren't acting like what they should be, Oak gets a Dragonite from nowhere, Brock buggers off for almost the entirety of the special and the animation is garbage. It starts alright at first but as the special goes on, it gets worse and worse to the point where everything just becomes hilarious to watch.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom