• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Farewell, Unova

Dear Cheren,
Good luck with your new dreams, and don't forget to relax once in a while. Your students love you!

Dear Hugh,
Remember how much your family loves you as much as you love them, especially your sister. Cherish your memories.

Dear Colress,
I hope you finally found what to do after disbanding Team Plasma. Hopefully, we'll cross paths someday. The infinite potential of pokemon power is amazing, isn't it?

Dear Bianca,
Let your doubts fade as you take each step forward. Let everyday be a happy day, and share your happiness with others.

Dear Hilbert/Hilda,
Your journey will lead you to your friend someday. Don't lose hope, and remember how adventures can be invaluable.

Dear Nate/Rosa,
Everyday is full of new things to discover. Explore, and see how the world presents you different sights to see.

Dear N,
You will always remain the one and only King who truly cared about pokemon. Put your past behind you, and look forward. You are inspirational, and your ideas will spread little by little. Meet various trainers, teach them, and learn from them.

Goodbye, Unova!!

Bye bye, Unova.

I'm glad I finally bought and played one game of your Gen (Pokémon White). I wasn't disappointed. For all your little flaws, you confirmed your status as my all-time second best-loved Pokémon Generation after Gen II, which wasn't granted.

Now, en route for Kalos !

One thing I like about Generation 5 is the pool of new Pokemon they introduced. Since I was with Gen 5 from the beginning, I have a huge appreciation for every Pokemon that was in Unova. While some people criticise them for having some resemblance to past Pokemon, I still like them. It even provided the best abilities, giving certain Pokemon new abilities that might as well even dream of getting (get it?).

I do like how Generation 5's guys made their presence known in battling. About half of them are quite good with what they do, so it's not something to scoff at considering how many of them were introduced.

Thanks for reading.

Dear Cheren,
Good luck with your new dreams, and don't forget to relax once in a while. Your students love you!

Dear Hugh,
Remember how much your family loves you as much as you love them, especially your sister. Cherish your memories.

Dear Colress,
I hope you finally found what to do after disbanding Team Plasma. Hopefully, we'll cross paths someday. The infinite potential of pokemon power is amazing, isn't it?

Dear Bianca,
Let your doubts fade as you take each step forward. Let everyday be a happy day, and share your happiness with others.

Dear Hilbert/Hilda,
Your journey will lead you to your friend someday. Don't lose hope, and remember how adventures can be invaluable.

Dear Nate/Rosa,
Everyday is full of new things to discover. Explore, and see how the world presents you different sights to see.

Dear N,
You will always remain the one and only King who truly cared about pokemon. Put your past behind you, and look forward. You are inspirational, and your ideas will spread little by little. Meet various trainers, teach them, and learn from them.

Goodbye, Unova!!

This almost made me tear up @__@

I will miss Ishuu so much. I love that we got a lot of new pokemons, I loved almost all the deigns. ( My sweet and Divine Kyurem). I loved that Ishuu gave bugs its groove back ( My Hahakomori, you will forever be one of my absolute favorite pokemon) and I loved how intense the story was ( when Rosa was about to get attacked by Kyurem and in the nick of time N came with Reshiram to save her awwww).

Ah, I could write an essay about how much I like gen V but one thing will forever be stuck in my mind whenever I look back at gen V, which is me losing someone gravelly important. I will never forget how much of an escapist route W2 was in those difficult moments.

Argh and now I think I said too much on line.

Farewell to that special person..farewell gen V.

Bye, Unova :'( You redeemed the Pokémon series to me... I was so disappointed with Diamond; I thought I would never like Pokémon the same way again. Then you came. You introduced two of my top three Pokémon (Alakazam, Hydreigon and Volcarona), and you actually felt fresh, which was your objective. I think every single generation should be like you: only new Pokémon until after the Elite Four. You had easily the best music in the series, tied right up there with Gen I and II. You had the most balanced metagame in the whole series. YOU INTRODUCED REUSABLE TMs. So, so many things. You introduced some very cool Gym Leaders (Elesa, Skyla, Brycen, Drayden). I think you're very underrated and went by way too fast. You should have lasted at least two more years.

Thanks for everything :'(

I adored the fifth generation, especially since it followed the fourth generation which was one of my least favorites as far as Pokemon designs went. I'll miss the animated battle sprites, the music, the locations, the characters, the story, the updated mechanics (especially infinite TMs).. everything. It's been a pleasure playing through B/W and B/W2. I'm sure we'll cross paths again someday - it's not like I'll never play through it again!

Good riddance to Unova. Though I'd be remiss to say I didn't enjoy gen 5 more so than I expected.

One of my favorite generations. A great time of renewing and many new Pokemon. Unova was a glorious region, with a fantastic story. (Which I haven't finished yet, still need to finish White 2.) I will also miss it. But I'm excited for a brand new adventure now, in Kalos. It may not have the lack of old Pokemon that I enjoyed, but it'll be good to relive the old again.

Aside from Yellow version riding on nostalgia and my love for Pikachu, Black and White is my favorite Pokemon games to date. The animated sprites, the reusable TMs, the music, N, and the Elite Four come to mind as some of my favorite things about it. Feels like a great way to end the sprite Pokemon games.

The sequels however, I don't really like the remixes of the music at all and it ruined the whole thing for me. I didn't finish these for that reason. I know it's petty letting my experience be killed by something like that which I could just mute, but whatever.

I think the biggest thing I took from this gen is Stunfisk. What a hilarious troll Pokemon with a unique design and typing, plus tons of status moves, and he laughs at the opponent as they rage. Easily my second favorite Pokemon of all.

I loved Unova for the new Pokemon, the more creative design, the story. I loved N, Team Plasma, and a bit more moral grey to the universe. I loved reusable TMs and worldwide links. I liked the old stuff and the new. Goodbye Unova. Fair thee well, and may a chorus of Pikachus sing thee to thy rest. May X and Y prove worthy successors.

I had a lot of fun traveling through Unova. While the region itself felt a bit too small in B/W, the added areas in B2/W2 helped to make it feel a bit more complete for me. It was fun exploring it and I'll miss traveling through the region. I'll miss the sprites too. I'll really miss characters like N, Bianca, Cheren and Team Plasma. This generation brought out some of the best rival characters in years for me and Team Plasma is still my favorite evil team.

Good bye, Unova. You will be missed. You introduced some of my favourite Pokemon, like Serperior, Excadrill and Haxorus. I hope X and Y will be as good as you.

Gen 5, thank you for breathing new life into the series. You had such great ideas (challenge mode, no old Pokemon on first play through, exp gain is relative) which sadly have not been carried into X and Y.
You brought us so much, the most new Pokemon ever, many with great designs and type combos. A thrilling new storyline, and represented great value, by not just rehashing 2 versions to make a 3rd but actually giving us sequals.

Gen 5, it is a shame that we have gone from your highs, to the lows (very low) of Gen 6.

It was my favorite gen, I refuse to give it up. I'll play it even while playing X and Y, and future games.

Unova, I'll see you soon, after I finish with Y. We're not over yet.

It was my favorite gen, I refuse to give it up. I'll play it even while playing X and Y, and future games.

Unova, I'll see you soon, after I finish with Y. We're not over yet.
On a similar sentiment:

Farewell everyone! I'm staying in Unova!

Not that I don't want to play XY, but it was my favourite generation. I'll keep playing it.
It also makes waiting for when I do get a Gen VI game more bearable.

Ah, Unova. My favorite Region and my favorite Gen. I won't be quitting completely, believe me.

It isn't quite good-bye, as there are other things to do. You'll be my companion while I'm at work and I'll still be on the GTS, looking for some lonely Automaton who needs me. There are still DW Golett to find and take home, as well as shiny breeding.

So no, not farewell yet. I love you too much to let you go entirely. You gave me so much--a great plot, a great game and so many new Pokemon to love--that I can't quite let go yet. Fear not, my Automaton friends, as I am with you still.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom