• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite and Least Favorite Gym Leaders?

Probably least favorite in
Kanto:
Misty
ugh...so annoying with her stars...
rest were quite easy with squirtle and evolutions (plus my fire types)
Favorite:
Once I could get a dugduo or a dugdrio, Sarge was a snap...although I really disliked his puzzle.

Least favorite: Wallace/Juan. Too aggravating of a puzzle. It took my 8 year old brain 3 months to figure it out.

Favorite: Byron. idrk why. Cool gym puzzle I guess.

I've always kind of hated Wattson, but that has a lot to do with how hard it is to beat him if your starter is Treecko (and Sceptile is one of my favorites, so yeah...). Tate and Liza, Fantina, Erika, Morty, and Falkner all rub me the wrong way.

Really love: Chuck, Pryce, Misty, Koga, Janine, Blaine, Flannery (WHO DOESN'T LOVE FLANNERY?!), Norman, Winona, and Crasher Wake! (the exclamation is mandatory).

Favorite: Faulkner
Least Favorite: Koga, Tate and Liza.

Favorite is Lt. Surge, Clair, Norman, Maylene

Least is Giovanni, Whitney (damn Miltank), Winona, Fiona

Favorites: Jasmine, Volkner, Sabrina, Winona

Least: Fantina, Chuck, Brock, Wallase.

I didn't particularly care for any 3rd gen pokemon.

Gary as Viridian Gym leader is far by the best. I think Fantina might be the lamest, especially heading thru her Gym upon defeating her! No quick exit door!

So we have lots of Flannery's and Jasmine's as favorites. Makes sense, because they're awesome. :)

We have a lot of hate on Fantina. That makes perfect sense.

Any views on Candice?

Favourites:
1. Janine - I don't really know why, but I've always liked Janine. Her HG/SS-artwork is awesome, too. :3
2. Morty - Originally, I wasn't a big fan of Morty (except for the fact that he's Eusine's friend, which is awesome), but his HG/SS redesign is incredible and made him one of my favourites.
3. Volkner - ...I just love him. Or something. x3
4. Justy - Well, he's pretty far behind the rest, but he's still one of my favourites. For no apparent reason.

Least favourites:
I don't know. I can't really think of any Gym Leaders I don't like.
...Well, maybe Roxanne. She was... boring. And pre-HG/SS Jasmine.

Claire kinda bothers me just because she's so stuck up and has that freakin' Kingdra.

I like Sabrina cuz she's cool (and hot lol.) I always thought Lt. Surge was pretty awesome in the games and show. Same with Koga. Blaine is cool and in HG/SS he's downright classy. Byron is cool because he reminds me of Jecht from FFX except without the child abuse and drunkness. And for some reason I think Volkner is just cool.

My favorite Gym Leader's are: Morty. Because he uses Ghost/Poison Type Pokemon. And he has Gengar and Haunter. My favorite Ghost/Poison Types. Brock Misty and Sabrina.

Least Favorite Whitney/ Because of her damn Miltank. God I hate that Pokemon. Lieutenant Surge And others.

Favorites: Misty, Brock, Sabrina, Blaine, Blue, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair, Juan, Winona, Gardenia, Candice, Maylene, Volkner

Least Favorites: Koga, Bugsy, Whitney (I hate that Miltank), Wattson, Fantina and Wake

Favorite is Blue, gives me a decent challenge and I'm just a general fan of his. After that I'd say probably Volkner.

Least favorite is Clair and Gen I Sabrina. Freaking Kingdra. Even worse is the level 50 Alakazam as the 5th or 6th gym, really?

Favorite: Whitney, Falkner, Blue, Koga/Janine, Lt. Surge, Clair
Least Favorite: All of Hoenn's, Fantina, Bugsy, Maylene

Last edited:
Favourite: Norman. Wait, what? The player has a dad? He's the Gym Leader? AWESOME.

Least Favourite: Bugsy. I found him to be a little boring.

Volkener was a disappointment. He wasn't hard to beat and was all like "uhhh, I'm emo and I see no reason to live because all the people who challenge me suck, uhhh". Then I came in and whipped the floor with his face.

Favorite is probably Roark. No idea why, he just seems kind of cool.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom