• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Dark Type?

What is your favorite dark type?

• Umbreon

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Poochyena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mightyena

• Absol

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Purrloin

• Liepard

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Zorua

• Zoroark

• Murkrow

• Sneasel

• Houndour

• Houndoom

• Sableye

• Honchkrow

• Weavile

• Scraggy

• Scrafty

• Pawniard

• Bisharp

• Vullaby

• Mandibuzz

• Deino

• Zweilous

• Hydreigon

• Inkay

• Malamar

• Yveltal

• Tyranitar

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Nuzleaf

• Shiftry

• Carvanha

• Sharpedo

• Cacturne

• Crawdaunt

• Stunky

• Skuntank

• Spiritomb

• Drapion

• Sandile

• Krokorok

• Krookodile

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Greninja

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Pangoro

• Total voters
It was Tyranitar because it looks powerful beyond measure; several dex entries say it topples mountains with ease and can change landscapes (how awesome is that?). Coupled with its rarity (especially in Gen 2), it's my favorite pseudo-legendary. And it looks cool, too.

But, Malamar was introduced. Right away it reminded me of a Reaper from Mass Effect, and so I instantly fell in love with it and made it a member of my team in X. I didn't really care what its stats were. And its unique typing is a plus.

So really I have 2 favorites, and it's very difficult for me choose only one.

It's horrible and very tough choice only choosing 1 Pokemon when so many are my favorites. It's my 3rd favorite type.
I wish I could change my vote. Voted for Purrloin, still love that dark feline, but for me Zorua has overtaken it's place (didn't see it until I had voted)

Favorites - Poochyena, Mightyena, Umbreon, Liepard, Zoroark, Sneasel, Weavile, Stunky, Skuntank, Houndour, Houndoom

Since I first used Purrloin in Black 2, it really helped out when my fighting types weren't too effective with Elite 4 Ghost - Shauntal, and the Elite 4 Psychic - Caitlin. Dark types helped out!! Since then Darks have been regulars in my teams.

Uhhh... too many are my favorites here... Greninja and Weavile are both excellent offensive "thieves", making up what they lack in defense and bulk with unrivaled speed and high damage... also, Greninja's Protean STAB on everything. Hydreigon, thanks to Ghetsis, is probably one of the most memorable and terrifying of all NPC signature Pokemon, with its speed, high Sp. Attack, and HUGE variety of moves, but usually can get one-shotted by Fairies. Zoroark, of course, has good stats, an strange but not gimmicky Ability, and a varied movepool, and was also my ace in White 2.

So... if I had to pick... For winning a fight, Greninja. It's strong, it's one of the fastest Pokemon out there, and Protean can help punch holes in any Pokemon. Honorable mention goes to shiny Umbreon, who looks like it just stepped out of the Grid.

Greninja, of course. It's a ninja, it manages to look cool, cute and ridiculous at the same time; is a extremely good Pokémon competitively by having a incredible ability and according to Super Smash Bros it can make swords out of water as well as shurikens. Nothing comes even close to me.

... Well, not really, honorable mention goes to Darkrai for being quite the tragic mon as well as being completely terrifying in PMD. I also really like it's design and powers so, yeah. He used to be my favorite Pokémon until the above came along.

Mightyena and Poochyena because hyenas are freakishly awesome.
Then it would be Sableye (Dark and Ghost is a great typing, I prefer this guy over Spiritomb which doesn't look as great to me), Greninja (it's my favorite Pokémon from the Kalos region) and Pangoro (it's a panda why not).

Although there were quite a few dark types that I had a hard time not voting for, it ultimately came down between Houndoom and Greninja, in which..I had to give my vote to that awesome dark ninja frog. Just a very long list of reasons why that ninja frog is my all time favorite dark type, replacing Houndoom on my list.

I could never get over the whole ninja frog thing and then of course had the opportunity to actually test that thing out in competitive battling, just amazing, all around. Greninja all day.

Design-wise: Houndoom is my favorite dark-type. I love the demonic and hell-hound feel of Houndoom. He's one of the most "mature" looking Pokemons. Imagine you are in the deepest pits of Hell, full of fire and flames in the darkest abyss. Then you see Satan sitting on his throne and beside him, his pet Houndooms with their malicious and demonic aura.

Korokok is cool, I wish it was the final form. I believe that answers the question?

Bisharp. I really didn't have a favorite Dark type until Bisharp showed up and she's my girl. I love her dearly: she's a Fairy's worst nightmare and looks insanely cool.

Honorable mention to Greninja, as it is boss as well. But I can't help it; no one can top my Bisharp. She's my beautiful assassin.

Favourite ones;
Umbreon, Darkrai, Houndoom, Yveltal, Drapion.

But the choice is clear as day for me. Voted for Umbreon. (Darkrai and Yveltal close calls)

Greninja. One of the best Water-type starters ever and as we all know, Water-type starters are inarguably the best Pokémon in every game.

Other than that I'd say Tyranitar or Umbreon. The former's been my favorite pseudo-legendary for a long time, the latter served me well when playing Colosseum.

Houndour/Houndoom are probably the coolest Dark designs, IMO. I've always liked them since G/S/C but never had the chance to use them, until now.

Absol, although Sharpedo, Darkrai, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Pangoro, Greninja, Weavile and Krookodile are great, too.

Every single one of them that isn't Greninja or Incineroar
I mean, Absol. Absol is my favorite dark-type, and my favorite Pokémon.
Second place tie between(in no particular order) Hydreigon, Zorua, Thievul, Nickit, Houndoom, Darkrai, Yveltal, Liepard, Purrloin, Mandibuzz, Sneasel, and Weavile.
Last place goes to Greninja, close second for last, Incineroar.

Spr_5b_635.png
Hydreigon is my favorite. I'm quite the sucker for cool looking dragons and Hydreigon is amongst the coolest Pokemon around.

Other Dark types that I like include Bisharp, Tyranitar, Weavile, and Honchkrow.

I was never very fond of Dark-types, even if they were also Grass-type (favorite type) but I just love Drapion: it's menacing, it's venomous and has a bad reputation.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom