• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Psychic-type Pokemon

Do you like the Psychic type?

• Yes

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Phosphene

Formerly SpinyShell
Reaction score
Spr_2c_201P.png
Spr_2c_201S.png
Spr_2c_201Y.png
Spr_2c_201C.png
Spr_2c_201H.png
Spr_2c_201I.png
Spr_2c_201C.png

What's your favorite Psychic-type Pokémon?​

no surprise, you can probably tell it will be
Espeon, the psychic kitty

love it's design, reacts and reminds me of two of my cats, love the lavender colored fur

and I also love the other psychic kittys - Espurr and both Meowstics, do prefer the female design a bit more, Mew as well

aside from that most other psychics are either ok, meh, or dislike
do like Lugia, Lunala, and the Slowpoke evolutions

hypno, unown, mew, mewtwo, cresselia, cosmog, necrozma, natu, xatu, lugia, celebi, ralts, kirlia, gardevoir, mime jr, jirachi, inkay!

Last edited:
Mewtwo, Mew, Cresselia, and Alolan Raichu are my favorite.

OP's current avatar is my favorite Psychic-type. I'm biased because Orbeetle's part-Bug (my favorite type) but it's a sweet design in general with one of the coolest Gmaxes.

I also really like the Ralts line, the Hatenna line, Alolan Raichu, Deoxys, the Solosis line, Wynaut/Wobbuffet, the Slowpoke line and its evos (both Kanto and Galarian), Lugia, Mr. Mime (Kanto and Galarian)/Mr. Rime (not big on Mime Jr. tho), Starmie, the Beldum line and Inkay/Malamar. Delphox is also pretty good.

Reniculus, Solosis, and Duosion will always be my favorite psychics. They are absolutely adorable.

I used to like Psychic types a lot, but they’ve been overtaken by the Bug type lately as my favorite. I think the issues I have with them is that I can’t really use one easily in a normal playthrough. They evolve late, or are spectacularly weak until their final evolution, and it’s rarely worth it.

Edit: I also like Latias a lot, too.

Last edited:
Not really sure why, but I've always found Psychic to be one of the types that's a little harder for me to connect with. Same for Fighting, as well as Ghost (until more recent generations). I suppose "indifferent" would be my stance on the type 'cause I don't, like, have it out for Psychic or anything. :p I think it fills an important and distinct niche in the type spectrum.

My favorite members of the type are Kadabra, Alakazam, Mewtwo, Espeon, Galarian Slowking, Spoink, Claydol, Chingling, Sigilyph, Espurr, Meowstic, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Calyrex. That's... quite a few, and those are just my top favorites, so despite my lack of passion for the type, clearly something about it works for me.

I love the Psychic type, it's my second favorite type. I'll just mention the final stages, but I like the whole lines.
Gardevoir (My second favorite pokémon after Gengar :bulbaLove:).
Gothitelle.
Delphox.
Hatterene.
Alakazam.
Hoopa.
Victini.
Lunala.
Meloetta.
Rapidash.
Deoxys.
Medicham.
Espeon.
Starmie.
Articuno.
Lugia.
Malamar.
Mr. Rime.
Celebi.
Tapu Lele.
Cresselia.
Calyrex.
Raichu.
Beheeyem.
Meowstic.
Metagross.
Musharna.
Sigilyph.
Hypno.
Galarian Slowking.
Xatu.
Orbeetle.
Oricorio.
Latios.
Kantonian Slowking.
Solgaleo.
Ho-Oh.
Oranguru.
Latias.
Lunatone.
Jynx.
Bronzong.
Claydol.
Solrock.
Basically almost everyone :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:
Latias and Latios. I've adored them ever since I saw Pokemon Heroes. They were my favourite Pokemon for a while, and are both still in my top ten. As a child I used to sometimes pretend I was a Latios in disguise, and would refuse to speak, which drove my best friend nuts!

I also really like Alolan Raichu, Galarian Rapidash, Starmie, Mewtwo, Espeon, Lugia, Celebi, Gallade, Mursharna, Delphox, Lunala and Calyrex, among others. I only just realised how many Psychic types there are that I like. It helps that a lot of the coolest legendary and mythical Pokemon are Psychic type.

My top 5 as usual:

1. Reuniclus: My precious jelly boy with a fantastic design, that sadly is probably in the Top 10 of Worst Anime Treatments.
2. Jirachi: A very cute Pokemon with a cute concept.
3. Lugia: A legendary with an amazing design.
4. Solosis: A baby cell that must be protected.
5. Elgyem: A very cute and smart alien.

Honorable mentions: Duosion, Mewtwo, Slowpoke, Mew, Slowking, Deoxys, Chimecho, Wynaut, Metang, Mime jr., Gallade, Chingling, Beheeyem, Munna, Sigilyph, Malamar, Lunala, Dottler, Hatenna, Haterene.

Latios, Latias, Lugia, Espeon, Gardevoir, Gallade, Starmie, Xatu, Sigilyph, Azelf, Metagross, Lunala and Slowbro are my favourites.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom