• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Soundtrack?

Which?

• Gen I - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Gen II - Gold, Silver, Crystal

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Gen III - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Gen IV - Diamond, Pearl, Platinum

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • FR/LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HG/SS

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Gen V - Black, White, ???

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Somari

Reaction score
Do you like the games' music? Which Gen. is your favorite?

The leitmotif's and/or the actual background music.

Have you ever, say, sat there and just listened to it?
GF puts a lot of work into the leitmotif's even though most people only hear a few seconds of it.

Do you prefer the leitmotif's, as in the music characters have during dialogue (their themes) or the BGM?

Re: Do you actually listen to the music?

I leave the volume off most of the time.....mainly cos i'm on trains etc when i'm playing normally

BGM definitely. Some of the themes are just annoying (like Lyra's). There's been times I've paid no attention to dialogue because the theme music is annoying.
I remember in G/S/C I would stand in national park just to listen to the music. And it sounds even prettier in HG/SS. I also like the HG/SS route 47-48 music.

Just on Emerald and Soul Silver. And even on the second, I have to use the Sounds thing activated. I love the old music.

Nope. I play the game muted.

Yup. Especially Lance/Red's theme for HGSS and the Hoenn Legend's theme

I usually play with the DS volume muted (depending on where I am); but I do have the game soundtrack CDs.

When I play, I keep the sound on (so I can enjoy the game better), but sometimes I turn it down so other people around me can concentrate.

I love alot of the music in Pokemon games. I've fallen asleep listening to the music in Canalave City a few times, as well as Random Dungeon Theme 3 and Sky Peak Meadow (I think) in PMD:EoS. I also realy like Cynthias battle theme in Platinum. And I quite like Cerulean/Fuschia City music.

No. I mute the DS so I can listen to other music.

I love alot of the music in Pokemon games. I've fallen asleep listening to the music in Canalave City a few times, as well as Random Dungeon Theme 3 and Sky Peak Meadow (I think) in PMD:EoS. I also realy like Cynthias battle theme in Platinum. And I quite like Cerulean/Fuschia City music.

When you say falling asleep in this case, is that good or bad?

It's hard for me to play any game without listening to the music. I only play muted when I'm in a noisy area where I won't hear the music anyway.

But yeah, I definitely love the themes in Gold and Silver, HGSS makes them sound beautiful.

Only time I have the sound on is when transferring Pokemon from Game to Pokewalker and Pokewalker to game, so if there's a problem, I'll hear it. Otherwise I play Muted.

I don't know how people can play on mute most of the time. Isn't it..Boring not hearing anything from the game?

I'm multitasking most of the time, like now, I'm training my HG team, listening to music on Spotify (I'm not gonna call my son Jonathan...), playing Travian, updating my Facebook profile and replying here, so I prefer playing on mute, and it's not very popular to play whit sound on in class :p

I play with the volume on. The soundtrack rocks.
I don't know how people can play on mute most of the time. Isn't it..Boring not hearing anything from the game?

Usually people play while listening to music from their ipods.

Last edited:

I listen to the game soundtrack while I play.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom