• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fruit Bowl Mafia 2: Endgame: Pasta La Vista, Baby! 22/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 6: Mango to Hell!

Day 6: Mango to Hell!

Despite successfully beeting the first vegetable earlier, the town still had quite a bit of work ahead of them to rid themselves of the remaining mafiosos. Their work was not made easier when yet another of them fell victim to a clever ploy by the mafiosos.
Out on her usual evening pat-roll root, one of the town members was, per usual, pretty sloshed. Before beginning her beeten path, she would always imbibe several bottles of beer. This evening, the mafia spiked her beverages. The poison seeped into her core systems and stopped her cold, in the middle of her rounds. She collapsed and was found dead the following morning when the remaining players gathered. They bunched together to get a glimpse of the body, each one not be-leafing that the situation had escalated this far. But it was too late, far far too late, to go back now. The show must go on!

Still, the town mourned as their cop passed into the unknown.
Dear swarla,
15pzn2.jpg

Cosmo Kramer said:
I like mangoes.

You are the Mango. You are known as the King of the Fruits. You are cornsidered to be the symbol of love in India, and are, in fact, the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines. Your tree is the national tree of Bangladesh. In some cultures it is believed that munching on mango buds will lend to sweetness of the voice, and it is also believed that mango trees can grant wishes. Dried mango skins have been used in medicines, and, during the Cultural Revolution in China, you were popularized as the symbol of Chairman Mao Tse-Tung's love for the people.
In Tamil Nadu, you are referred to as one of the three loyal fruits, along with the jackfruit and the banana.
In the West Indies, there is a popular song called "The Mango Walk," and the ancient Sanskrit poet, Kālidāsa, sang your praises.
In Australia, it is traditional for the first tray of mangoes to be auctioned off at the beginning of every season.

Combining Mango nectar with beer results in a cocktail known as the Mango Fuzz. Since "Fuzz" is a slang term for a police officer, you are the Cop. Each night, you may PM the hosts: Check: <player>, and you will learn that player's alignment upon the phase update.

You are allied with the Fantastic Fruits, and you win when all opposing factions have been e-lemonaded.

As the town buried the body, a hidden note fell from the heavens above.
Due to the fact that you need to be combined with beer in order to become a Mango Fuzz, your judgment is sorely compromised. As such, you are Insane. Any checks that would normally appear as Fruits will appear as Vegetables, and any checks that would normally appear as Vegetables will appear as Fruits.

"Well, that egg-splains that," remarked one of the other players.
"An interesting turnip of events," added another.
"Indeed," commented a third, "that certainly caused quite the stir around here."

After these jocular comments, the mood became somber once more. There was still work yet to do, but, alas. It would appear as though, despite their best efforts, the town now faced an impossible situation. No matter what they attempted, their victory was almost certainly unobtainable. And yet, the show must go on.

Maniacal Engineer passed out in a stupor. The knocking had long since stopped, the person on the other side of the door having given up.

It is now Day 6. Phase ends at 10:00pm U.S. Central Standard Time on 22/6/17. The phase has been shortened to 24 hours, due to an overall lack of activity. The game is in a state of LYSLO (Lynch Yet Still Lose). Town can successfully lynch a hostile player, but still lose the game.

Actually that probably explains it. Town won't win if mafia wins too.

Scenarios:

Lynch Broccoli: zexy gets ejected, town enters night at 2:1. Scum kill eventually gets to me since lynches can't occur.
Scum kills not-me tonight, then game enters a stalemate...that's potentially a thing I guess.
Scum kills me tonight, town wins for sure

Don't lynch Broccoli: game hits 2:1:1 and scum kills not-me, bringing tomorrow to 1:1:1 in a situation that can still have town/itp/scum lynched.

For the "can lose" clause to be a thing, a stalemate must be the deciding factor here. So basically....we have to once again, not lynch Broccoli to ensure that things work out...otherwise, Zexy and Town lose -or- Town -and- Mafia actually both lose?

Unless, Mafia must have means to survive/lynch in a 1:1 scenario or an extra kill or a way around my bomb. God damnit that's literally exactly the scumnarios that could be the case.

We need dem results to be sure that we are making the 50/50 leap. Zexy is confirmed ITP and at the very least needs to share share share the wealth. I'm still curious what unclaimed Flop has in store to claim but lol it's a 50/50 between us anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I lost a Deathproof while trying to visit Soulmaster.

VOTE: Soulmaster

We should either lynch Soulmaster or Doctor Floptopus.

But who might be broccoli?
We can't just find them, we might've got a clue if we had a way to learn their roles but we just cannot... 50-50 hope honestly

I lost a Deathproof while trying to visit Soulmaster.

VOTE: Soulmaster

Between Soul's reaction last night and this info grab from confirmed ITP, this is good enough for me.

##Vote SoulMaster

We should either lynch Soulmaster or Doctor Floptopus.

But who might be broccoli?

We can't just find them, we might've got a clue if we had a way to learn their roles but we just cannot... 50-50 hope honestly

That's basically it, gents. It's a 50/50 game at best. You both read what I outlined above; Zexy wins no matter what and Town/Mafia have a gamble depending on how wincons are defined in tie-scenarios or whatever other roles scum has up their sleeves.

yawwwwwwwwwn

@Soulmaster @Pika_pika42 @Zexy @Doctor Floptopus

Just for clarity, there's only 8 hours left because of the shortened phase time, so if you have anything else to say (notably, Soul, our gosh diggity darn tracker claim) and Flop (if she's not scum by PoE then I'd like to hear why), then you've only got a little while to go!

Zexy, I call BS. I tracked you this past night and you did not visit me, you visited Elle. And how the he'll would visiting me have lost you a deatjproof? And the 8 hours is nice to know, even less time to form something. So @Zexy, got an explanation?

Zexy, I call BS. I tracked you this past night and you did not visit me, you visited Elle. And how the he'll would visiting me have lost you a deatjproof? And the 8 hours is nice to know, even less time to form something. So @Zexy, got an explanation?
I am calling BS on you. Why would you track an indep claim instead of someone who, to your eyes, should be confirmed scum like Pika_pika42.
What would I, now confirmed indep, gain from lying about my target? I want mafia lynched, not town; if I wanted town dead I could've done that ages ago.
I am Weak Neighborizer, if I target mafia I lose a deathproof (or die if I have none left).

Yes Pika is practically confirmed, which is why I saw no reason so track her. She would not use the kill, assuming that there is still a second mafia. I'll be honeat, I still don't see how you are confirmed itp, and I still trust you the least for a certain point, and as you had a confirmed action use on me(if you followed Elie) I figured to check and make sure you followed up. And, guess what, you did not follow through.

I'd like to pull @Elieson into this convo

Based on Soul's info, Scum = Zexy + Pika_pika42, which doesn't make sense because Pika could've just let yesterday go to a NoLynch by self-voting, and it'd have to somehow indicate that swarla's ITP scan on Zexy wasn't accurate. I can't buy this, because mods confirmed how swarla's sanity works and the only possibility I can think of at this point would be like, if Zexy was some kind of Godfather that causes the cop to interpret Mafia Townie as ITP rather than reading Mafia Townie as....Mafia? insane cops are stupid.

@Zexy Town tracker wouldn't really need to track the guy they already forced a 1-v-1 with. If anything, the track should've been either Me/Flop since from their PoV, our 1-v-1 is the only unclear thing left. Also, I guess the neighborization attempt fails on mafia then, as well as breaking a vest? You never fricken made that clear.

If Zexy's a simple SK then he should've been able to get a kill off last night, but the lyncher claim is too sensible given his behavior and last night's single death.

No. I can't see it. SoulMaster can't identify Zexy as some kind of hostile ITP but also be pushing for Zexy to be mafia fakeclaiming ITP or something, as well as Pika, because if they were both a mafia team, there's absolutely no way we could've made it this far into the game anyway without being outvoted and over.

Yes Pika is practically confirmed, which is why I saw no reason so track her. She would not use the kill, assuming that there is still a second mafia. I'll be honeat, I still don't see how you are confirmed itp, and I still trust you the least for a certain point, and as you had a confirmed action use on me(if you followed Elie) I figured to check and make sure you followed up. And, guess what, you did not follow through.

First off:

And since I'm fairly certain I'm going to be lynched, Elieson was checked as mafia as well and Zexy was checked as neither Vegetable or Fruit so I'm assuming independent.

Cop said this, and even with the cop being Insane, the modifier only ever mentioned that Town shows as Mafia, and Mafia shows as Town:

Due to the fact that you need to be combined with beer in order to become a Mango Fuzz, your judgment is sorely compromised. As such, you are Insane. Any checks that would normally appear as Fruits will appear as Vegetables, and any checks that would normally appear as Vegetables will appear as Fruits.

Second:

D5 Votals:

Pikochu: III (Elieson, Zexy, Pika_Pika42)
Pika_Pika42: I (Soulmaster)

Like literally, this vote history right here implies that Pika was best off voting their theoretical buddy while Zexy would've been doing like, exactly what he needs to do? His being confirmed ITP means he could vote for whatever but the Lyncher thing auto-townsides him and if he were a threat to town he could've forced the tie too. I guess this could go either way if you assume he's not Lyncher.

Still, it means that Zexy is basically ridiculously ITP, and if he targeted me with something (as the only threat that could exist really) is an SK, then I should be dead and him too, or he would've used some other power on me that hasn't been publically shared. Zexy is ITP and Pika/Soul are Mafia and Me/Flop are Mafia. That's basically where the setup has to be at now, it just has to be. Nothing else makes sense.

@Soulmaster if you're tracker, why wouldn't you track between Me/Flop. That's what I was implying over the night phase!

First off:

Cop said this, and even with the cop being Insane, the modifier only ever mentioned that Town shows as Mafia, and Mafia shows as Town:

Second:

Like literally, this vote history right here implies that Pika was best off voting their theoretical buddy while Zexy would've been doing like, exactly what he needs to do? His being confirmed ITP means he could vote for whatever but the Lyncher thing auto-townsides him and if he were a threat to town he could've forced the tie too. I guess this could go either way if you assume he's not Lyncher.

Still, it means that Zexy is basically ridiculously ITP, and if he targeted me with something (as the only threat that could exist really) is an SK, then I should be dead and him too, or he would've used some other power on me that hasn't been publically shared. Zexy is ITP and Pika/Soul are Mafia and Me/Flop are Mafia. That's basically where the setup has to be at now, it just has to be. Nothing else makes sense.

@Soulmaster if you're tracker, why wouldn't you track between Me/Flop. That's what I was implying over the night phase!
Okay, once again I repeat that the past 5 days I have only been mobile and been able to give an hour or so a day. I told ME I would like/need a sub but until the point he had found one I was continuing.

Anywho, okay, I 100% missed that part of the message. And I'm not saying that Zexy is mafia, I'm saying that he is a liar. And, if he targeted you, that also makes sense in a way, target you(bomb) and deathproof.

Okay, once again I repeat that the past 5 days I have only been mobile and been able to give an hour or so a day. I told ME I would like/need a sub but until the point he had found one I was continuing.

We need one for Flop too. I think she should've been Modsubbed/Modkilled

And I'm not saying that Zexy is mafia, I'm saying that he is a liar. And, if he targeted you, that also makes sense in a way, target you(bomb) and deathproof.

What could Zexy be then, and what's the benefit of him lying? I don't even understand what he'd get out of targeting me unless he is lying about his role, his wincon and how it all interacts with the rest of the game, which doesn't make sense with the actions of the rest of the game from what I can gather.

I can get that the Town-sided Lyncher thing is a bad fakeclaim to make but I can't guess what Zexy'd be hiding that would have him faking this sort of stuff; nothing else makes sense given the LSLYO state of the game.

And so based on your results, you've got Pika and Me locked in as your scum duo (unless you're thinking that I'm Scum!BPV or a different ITP)?

You I'm not sure about, bomb claim is not normally mafia, well, with the Zexy part and if he truly lost deathproof, it makes some sort of sense. Not 100% sure but some.

I'm okay with killing Flop. At this point in the game she is doing nothing and we need even half active people over 0 active people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom