• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen V Disapointment

I was majorly disappointed when I found out that Alomomola wasn't a Luvdisc evo. Luvdisc sucks so much, it needs an evolution.

I'm not going to go through this argument again (lol), but Alomomola isn't exactly a powerhouse. It wouldn't have improved Luvdisc that much.

Maybe they should make it that you can send one of your Pokemon to the box from where you're standing when you receive your rare Pokemon in the next one. Kinda like what they did if you had a complete party after you caught Zekrom/Reshiram and before you fought N.

All I've seen in White Forest till now are Ralts. Nothing else.

I would take a n extended after elite 4 post game over anything else. I Haven't played 5th gen yet, but for the other games I have there are some great pokemon you can't get until late in the game, like right before you take on elite 4. Whats the point of training a new Pokemon late in the game when all you have to do is defeat the elite 4? You can start fresh and train a new team to handle the post elite 4 storyline (or atleast one or two fresh pokes) , and maybe even take on the elite 4 rematch. It makes late game pokemon more worth it.

Rematches. Hello, I would like the ability to battle and rematch trainers and gym leaders!

And. Don't. Get. Me. Started. On. The. Dream. World.

Rematches. Hello, I would like the ability to battle and rematch trainers and gym leaders!

I absolutely hate the fact that we're restricted to the arenas and the E4 for battling. It makes training pokemon up to higher levels hell, especially with the new EXP system.

I absolutely hate the fact that we're restricted to the arenas and the E4 for battling. It makes training pokemon up to higher levels hell, especially with the new EXP system.

They expect us to make use of that entralink feature which boosts growth..
But it doesnt work if there is no body around playing the game with you..

I don't know about you guys, but to me it feels like Isshu/Unova could've been bigger. I went through the game faster than previous gens and something makes me feel like it could use a few islands or something.... dunno, but it definitely doesn't feel "complete".

The rematch thing was obviously taken out so they could implement it in the third version, aka more profit.

They expect us to make use of that entralink feature which boosts growth..
But it doesnt work if there is no body around playing the game with you..

Not to mention that, but it only lasts for half an hour, and you can only get it once!

I don't know about you guys, but to me it feels like Isshu/Unova could've been bigger. I went through the game faster than previous gens and something makes me feel like it could use a few islands or something.... dunno, but it definitely doesn't feel "complete".

I feel the same way. It only had 18 routes, which is pretty weak/small.

One thing that bothered me was the lack of places you could use Dive. I was looking forward to it being like it was in RSE, where there were lots of places you could dive and find Pokemon and stuff like that. The fact that the only place you could use Dive was the Abyssal Ruins and you couldn't find any wild Pokemon was really disappointing to me.

I just got white last week and to be honest.. I was very disappointed. I'm 22 and have watched pokemon since day one and played all the pokemon games... they're not putting much effort on the new pokemon they're just making more and more, they're not even interesting anymore... I think the first 250 were extremely well created. They should work on the old ones a little more instead of making more. Quality over quantity

I guess the biggest disappointment to me is there is really no post game yes there is the elite four rematch but and the battle subway is really no fun at all.

So everybody here agrees with my verdict that black/white were hastily and poorly made?
Not to mention that game freak is only interested in making money, not good games..

Hmm..I liked these games, but I was a little disappointed to see no evolutions, especially that freaking Alomomola trolling poor Luvdisc. :(
I know that evolutions would defeat the whole purpose the "new beginnings/fresh start" theme, but still.

I think I was spoiled by the great villains in fourth gen that Plasma...bored me. There were basically two personalities in the entire team--Ghetsis and N. No one else had any personality. The grunts were basically thugs and the Sages were carbon copies of each other! I was really hoping that we'd get story on them, but no. And for pity's sake, why the color theme names when the two main Plasmas have MUSIC names?! And then there's the random Shadow Triad and the even more random "Goddesses"...

It was a mess, really. I like them in theory, but frankly, personality-less villains just can't cut it any more. Especially if you're going to give us six that are basically clones serving the exact same purpose and saying basically the same things every time you encounter them, and then five more that never really DO anything.

I'm almost hoping the fan theory about the Triad being the Straiton bros pans out just because it would give them SOMETHING interesting. And, of course, the idea about there being an ex-Galactic among the ranks...one of the Sages, maybe? If they're all taken from other Teams, that would suddenly make them FASCINATING instead of dry toast (although my money is still on Charon although if he's revealed to be among them he'd have to betray them at some point because that's how he rolls).

Blackjack Gabbiani: I agree that the Sages and the Shadow Triad have so much unused potential it's disappointing.

But I think Ghetsis and N have a lot of personality. N always seemed kind of depressed/insecure, something we've never really seen in a pokemon game before. Ghetsis is a manipulative figure, which is a common trope in pokemon games, but never has someone ruined someone else's life, as Ghetsis did N's life.

The fact that they had to make Black City's population decrease over time. Why. Why would that ever be a good idea or useful. When I got there, there was nothing.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom