• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

General XenForo Issues/Glitches/Ideas Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. I wonder if XenoForo automatically shows threads from subforums in the parent forum. I'll look into it. Shouldn't be doing that if it is.
I don't think it's a feature. Just a guess, but I did try to trigger the behaviour by posting in a warroom thread and watching F&G. The thread didn't show up. So I'm not sure if it is a bug or a limited feature, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Limit of 5 has now been set.
Okay, so uh. I hit the limit! Note that I've only posted two blogs in the last 24 hours. So I have no idea what's going on here, besides "a day" definitely not meaning anything close to what a normal person would define it as. This definitely seems like it's some sort of bug at this point. It's a safe bet applying it to some other duration of time other than a day, so unless that can be fixed or we can figure it out for sure, may as well make the limit like 65535 or something.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a feature. Just a guess, but I did try to trigger the behaviour by posting in a warroom thread and watching F&G. The thread didn't show up. So I'm not sure if it is a bug or a limited feature, but it doesn't seem to be consistent.
Hmmm. And this is happening to threads started after the move, not just those from before?

Okay, so uh. I hit the limit! Note that I've only posted two blogs in the last 24 hours. So I have no idea what's going on here, besides "a day" definitely not meaning anything close to what a normal person would define it as. This definitely seems like it's some sort of bug at this point. It's a safe bet applying it to some other duration of time other than a day, so unless that can be fixed or we can figure it out for sure, may as well make the limit like 65535 or something.
I've temporarily set this to unlimited. Let me know if there's still problems. The creator of the blog addon we use recently sold it to a dedicated addon making company, so I'll follow the issue up with them if this doesn't fix things. Given that we've devalued the blogs for spammers by hiding them from search engines and guests, it's not a big deal if we just have to have them as unlimited.

I would love to see the ability to export private conversations. I found this: Export Conversations but it isn't free (20 GBP). I'm not sure if there is another one out there.

EDIT: Also, since private conversations work more like forum threads than PMs from other forum software, is it possible to make it so there is no time limit on editing them?

I think there's no need for the blog post count below the user's avatar, especially since many many users don't bother with the blog section. I guess I think there's just too many information being showed below the avatars and it doesn't look very good.

Anyways, I assume there's no way to increase the avatar maximum allowed dimensions? I mean, the current dimensions are fine by me, but it would look a LOT better if the avatars could be a little bit on the bigger side, like this perhaps:

uMSTUx6.png

I checked in my preferences that I didn't want e-mail notifications of replies in watched threads. That box is unchecked, yet I'm still getting e-mails.

Is it possible to hide signatures on certain posts?

Is there any reason bmgf.bulbagarden.net doesn't automatically redirect to these forums?

One thing I noticed was there are no table functionality. While this isn't a major priority having tables would be nice. I took a quick look around and didn't see much, this was the only one.

And, is there any way to get a toolbar up if you turn the WYSIWYG editing off? Again I looked quickly and didn't really find anything.

I think there's no need for the blog post count below the user's avatar, especially since many many users don't bother with the blog section. I guess I think there's just too many information being showed below the avatars and it doesn't look very good
It's being kept there specifically because we would like to encourage people to use them.

Anyways, I assume there's no way to increase the avatar maximum allowed dimensions? I mean, the current dimensions are fine by me, but it would look a LOT better if the avatars could be a little bit on the bigger side, like this perhaps
Avatar dimensions will increase, but not yet. We've got other skin issues we want to focus on first before we go meddling with that.

I checked in my preferences that I didn't want e-mail notifications of replies in watched threads. That box is unchecked, yet I'm still getting e-mails.
I suspect that option just changes your default settings from that point on, rather than actually changing your global watch options. Could you check if the threads you're getting emails from are ones which you were set up to get emails from before you changed that option? If so, it's possible that you may need to manually go in and unwatch those threads.

Is it possible to hide signatures on certain posts?
No. If there's a (free) addon which would enable it, we would not be opposed to installing it.

Is there any reason bmgf.bulbagarden.net doesn't automatically redirect to these forums?
Because we're still using it while we check settings, etc, to try and get things with as similar a default setup as possible.
This also means that it may still be possible for us to grab blog and social group data for some users, on request. I'll probably start a thread for it later this week.

Private conversations currently only allow up to 6 Participants. Is it possible to push that up to a much much higher number?

This is again for the war room, which can easily have 5 or so players in a single conversation, with the game host or hosts on top of that. I don't think it'd be too hard to exceed 6 Participants in a conversation.

Thank you.

I think that might have been part of his blog post.
The pop-up window is not part of it and when I try to exit out of it, it just gets bigger and doesn't go away.

I don't know if it's caused by Yang Xiao Long since he rated it or if it's some kind of glitch.
pearl_emote_1_by_almondemotes-d8o5nt4.png

The pop-up window is not part of it and when I try to exit out of it, it just gets bigger and doesn't go away.

I don't know if it's caused by Yang Xiao Long since he rated it or if it's some kind of glitch.
pearl_emote_1_by_almondemotes-d8o5nt4.png
That does look like it's an image within the blog and the rating option is at the bottom, below that (right above "Comments"). Since it's an image, clicking it would enlarge it.

EDIT: And after checking myself, I can confirm the blog is in fact two images and the italicized sentence at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom