• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand that part. Why wouldn't they fit? I mean, they did France after all.

---------------------------------

About the dynamic battle possible aditions of attack/block/grab, I wonder how would they implement the avoiding mechanics

It's a theory that isn't very wide spread, but I know of an analyst who explained this theory, and has successfully predicted things even he's not in contact with any leakers.

I find it difficult to understand, but I believe him because he has predicted things correctly.

From what I understand, each Pokemon gen is actually a pillar of the alchemy tree of life, and different legendary/ mythical Pokemon represent the themes of the pillar.
And he said that the Gen 8 theme would suit South East Asia the most.
He also said that the Plus and Minus rumors made sense, but was probably released one gen early.

It's a theory that isn't very wide spread, but I know of an analyst who explained this theory, and has successfully predicted things even he's not in contact with any leakers.

I find it difficult to understand, but I believe him because he has predicted things correctly.

From what I understand, each Pokemon gen is actually a pillar of the alchemy tree of life, and different legendary/ mythical Pokemon represent the themes of the pillar.
He also said that the Plus and Minus rumors made sense, but was probably released one gen early.
I'm believing that Plus and Minus is fake. It's too dark for their target audience (children).

But the theme of the games doesn't necessarily match the region. Weather Trio are Jewish but Hoenn is part of Japan. Ying and Yang is Chinese not much to do with New York. Norse mythology similarly doesn't normally fit with France.

So unless I'm missing something surely it's possible for south east Asian lore mythology to be mixed into Spain or the UK (come on UK <3 )

I'm having a really hard time believing this, because I'm finding almost nothing about an "alchemy tree of life".
  • Wikipedia has an article on the tree of life in multiple mythologies, but the only mention of alchemy is with the Elixir of Life and the Philosopher's stone-nothing about pillars.
  • This site also talks about the tree of life in different myths, and, like Wikipedia, has no mention of pillars in its alchemy section.
  • This site talks about pillars on a tree of life, but it only lists three, and we've already got four generations more than that. It's not a strictly alchemy-based site, either, so it might be talking about a tree of life in another worldview-I only include it here because this is the only mention of pillars and a tree of life that I could find.
I don't even really understand where a tree of life would play into alchemy. Alchemy wasn't about finding out where things came from, but finding out how to create something to meet a certain goal. (Turn metals into gold, cure all diseases, find immortality, etc) The tree of life had a passing relevance to it, it was used as a symbol for the immortality elixir, but it was just that, a symbol.

Last edited:

Do you mind telling me who this analyst is?

Also about the whole battle system change argument, there is a comment someone said I copy/pasted

You can't look at Gen 6 and Gen 7 and agree that the games are not losing their touch. The same recycled formula has gotten old, but people will defend it for little reason other than tradition. The inclusion of Megas, Z Moves, and the revamp of the Gym system has proven that Gamefreak is aware, but their solutions aren't hitting home and come off as forced. Honestly, at this point, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they'd like to experiment with alternative battling options, especially when one is more akin to the anime. There are definitely ways to incorporate a more "involved" battling system to the game. Definitely a way for them to create a sense of actually being in a Pokemon battle, and disagreeing with that statement in this day and age is just lying to yourself. It'd be a shame that, in 2018, Gamefreak releases a slow paced, turn based RPG, with an ever decreasing "new" roster, inconsistent game performance, toss on an additional $20 price tag, and CTRL+C/V for an alternative colored title. That doesn't show me that they care. It says they don't want to release the best Pokemon experience to date, they want to release Pokemon for the Switch. It won't be the best Pokemon game of all time. It won't be a contender for Game of the Year. It'll be Pokemon on the Switch, people will buy it and the alternate version, despite the $40 bump for the both of them, play it for a while, and return to Showdown because "its just easier". And for something that is supposed to be the most anticipated game of the year, thats just sad.

You should expect change, they've already done it to the recent games in one way or another, its only a matter of time before they change it dramatically.

Just some food for thought I guess

Do you mind telling me who this analyst is?

Also about the whole battle system change argument, there is a comment someone said I copy/pasted

You can't look at Gen 6 and Gen 7 and agree that the games are not losing their touch. The same recycled formula has gotten old, but people will defend it for little reason other than tradition. The inclusion of Megas, Z Moves, and the revamp of the Gym system has proven that Gamefreak is aware, but their solutions aren't hitting home and come off as forced. Honestly, at this point, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they'd like to experiment with alternative battling options, especially when one is more akin to the anime. There are definitely ways to incorporate a more "involved" battling system to the game. Definitely a way for them to create a sense of actually being in a Pokemon battle, and disagreeing with that statement in this day and age is just lying to yourself. It'd be a shame that, in 2018, Gamefreak releases a slow paced, turn based RPG, with an ever decreasing "new" roster, inconsistent game performance, toss on an additional $20 price tag, and CTRL+C/V for an alternative colored title. That doesn't show me that they care. It says they don't want to release the best Pokemon experience to date, they want to release Pokemon for the Switch. It won't be the best Pokemon game of all time. It won't be a contender for Game of the Year. It'll be Pokemon on the Switch, people will buy it and the alternate version, despite the $40 bump for the both of them, play it for a while, and return to Showdown because "its just easier". And for something that is supposed to be the most anticipated game of the year, thats just sad.

You should expect change, they've already done it to the recent games in one way or another, its only a matter of time before they change it dramatically.

Just some food for thought I guess
Changing the battle system will be a very bad decision. It will alienate many players (especially competitive players) and the sales will drop as a result. Change is good, but not always.

Honestly the whole argument about the battle system changing alienating players is silly without know exactly what it'd be like. This is Pokemon for crying out loud. They might make a very different style of battling, but at the end of the day GF knows exactly who their target audience is. They won't make a system that's too complicated. It might be different from turn based, but saying that it'll ruin the entire franchise is ridiculous. People will learn the new system and whether they prefer it or not it won't be something too crazy. GF aren't going to suddenly make a game that swings vastly different from what we know and love. Without knowing for sure what the system is we can't possibly say it'll be good or bad 100%. Different is not always bad. It's not always good either, but coming to quick conclusions about change without actually seeing it is not a good idea. The new battle system may be amazing, but because people are so adverse to change in general they'll complain their heads off for no reason. The new system may even make the game more exciting. Also I don't think it's safe to continue comparing the possible new system directly to DW or even Pokkén. It's only said to be similar to it not exactly alike. GF will make their own system and it will work very differently from DW. If DW is wonky and weird feeling that means nothing of the possible new system we have coming.

You can't look at Gen 6 and Gen 7 and agree that the games are not losing their touch. The same recycled formula has gotten old, but people will defend it for little reason other than tradition.
The same recycled formula
Right, because Gen 7 definitely followed the 8 gym formula....

Definitely a way for them to create a sense of actually being in a Pokemon battle, and disagreeing with that statement in this day and age is just lying to yourself.
Nobody's saying that isn't a possibility-there's already a game much like this in Pokken Tournament. But people aren't saying "it's not possible to ditch turn-based"-they're saying that they like turn-based.
So, Gen 6 and 7 are "the same recycled formula", but are also clear indicators of change? Seems contradictory.

Right, because Gen 7 definitely followed the 8 gym formula....

Not trying to start anything, but don't kid yourself it basically did hahaha. The trial sites were basically gyms, the totems were the leaders, and the crystals were the badges. It was essentially the same only they had story context and were handed out slightly differently.

I like Pokemon they way it is now. There's lots of strategy with this current system. I don't want it to turn into a generic button mashing fighting game.

I like Pokemon they way it is now. There's lots of strategy with this current system. I don't want it to turn into a generic button mashing fighting game.

We don't know if it will tho. Just because the system becomes real time doesn't mean it'll require any less strategy. It's prolly safer to juts wait and see before jumping to any conclusions and haring it before getting a chance to actually play it. It may end up being a lot of fun.

South East Asia, interesting... Because the first trailer about Pokken DX and USUM, it was filming in Vietnam, a South East Asia country. If you can, can you link me to his analysis.

Btw, anyone remember Chinese Riddler? He used to said some thing about how the leak work, most of the leak happened because of the new team. When GF and Pokemon Company want to make a game in new language, they need to form a team in that country (like last year was Chinese with China's team). And because of the new member/recruit, etc., they have "hole" in their system, which will leak the information outside. And of course, if GF and TPC found out who did that, they will fire the leaker, train the team better, etc. So after that, it's will be harder to have more legit leak information (but they can leak it intentionally, and Riddler was hired/asked by China team to hyped up Chinese's fans)..

"especially when one is more akin to the anime"

Ok, this argument makes me really mad, why the hell do pokemon games need to look similar the anime? I want to remind you that the anime is based on the games, not vice versa.
A battle system and core gameplay mechanic doesn't need to change because another form of media says so.
Reminds me of the Halo community, Halo is in its darkest times because they innovated the core gameplay to match the books, so by adding sprint and abilities to the core gameplay. I have seen this happening.

Last edited:
/vp/ - -Aiming for mid 2019 -New mechanic(Z move Mega equ - Pokémon - 4chan New probably fake leak

/vp/ - -Aiming for mid 2019 -New mechanic(Z move Mega equ - Pokémon - 4chan New probably fake leak

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on this one. Most of it is either pretty widely speculated (new gimmick about abilities, Italy region) or catering to fans, especially older ones (following Pokemon, Challenge Master battles basically being like Wi-Fi battles).

The challenge master battles in particular don't feel like something GameFreak would do. They're never going to get rid of the option for people (kids) to grind and make the game easy, or going to make the set battle style required for the main story. While USM showed that they do still care about producing a decent challenge for older fans, the game still has to be beatable for the primary audience - children with a flimsy grasp of the mechanics and less capacity for complex, metagame-esque strategy than us older fans.

I am also made skeptical by the detail they give about the boost abilities. If the game really is in such early stages of development, who would this leaker have to be to know such precise numbers about the boosted abilities rather than just "Serene Grace gets a higher multiplier," "Poison Point is more likely to trigger," etc.

I could go on, but yeah, this is probably a fake leak.

Not trying to start anything, but don't kid yourself it basically did hahaha.
I don't take discussions like this personally, so no need to worry about a feud, but you could certainly try to be nicer if you're not wanting to start anything. "Don't kid yourself hahaha" is pretty condescending.
The trial sites were basically gyms, the totems were the leaders, and the crystals were the badges. It was essentially the same only they had story context and were handed out slightly differently.
Just because both have a goal of "fight someone strong in a certain location to win something" doesn't mean they're basically the same thing. The gameplay of the trials tended to feature their little games with only a few fights, while gyms are mostly about fighting trainers. (Even those with puzzles are usually solved by trying to find the next person to fight.) I'm not saying it's a night and day difference, but it's not similar enough to say it's "the same thing copy+pasted and Game Freak just doesn't care".

This line is what really stands out to me as fake:
all Pokemon level 50,
Either the first trial boosts your Pokemon's level to level 50 for the match (so you have high stats but still have Bubble and whatever other early level moves in your arsenal), or you don't face your first challenge until you're level 50. Either option sounds ridiculous.

Last edited:
There's a few questions I have about the rumors and leakers, because I'm a little confused. Is the person who leaked Rainbow Rocket the same person who leaked the SM starter evolutions last year? Has this same person "leaked" anything in regards to Gen 8? The person who leaked the starter evos and RR is probably the only one I'm willing to believe as far as anonymous leaker go, tbh.

There's a few questions I have about the rumors and leakers, because I'm a little confused. Is the person who leaked Rainbow Rocket the same person who leaked the SM starter evolutions last year? Has this same person "leaked" anything in regards to Gen 8? The person who leaked the starter evos and RR is probably the only one I'm willing to believe as far as anonymous leaker go, tbh.
They're two separate people. The Challenge Quest leak is also most certainly fake.

What a pal he is too.

Wow so reading the Pokemon Plus and Minus rumor over again (the thread I found was from 2014 so wow!) It's actually kind of intriguing. The rumor also mentions a Nintendo system that matches up perfectly with what the Switch is calling said system a "Fusion project" in which there is a handheld mode and what is a essentially a docked mode (they call a terminal mode) for the tv. On top of that the rumor also states that the battle system is entirely reworked just like our more recent rumors suggest and even says the theme is Traditions vs Exploration (or innovation if you will). It's incredibly interesting to see a rumor from 3 or more years ago directly referencing things that we are talking about today and even referencing something that actually happened in the form of the Switch. We didn't even have the code name for the Switch at that point I don't think! Maybe we really will get a game that is like the Plus and Minus rumor after all? Some interesting things to mention is that it states that the docked mode and the handheld mode have different capabilities for areas that you can access. As well as making Pokemon Bank an actual location within the game.The Bank part actually makes a TON of sense. I'm not sure I see at this point them porting over the actual bank app. If it's integrated into the game that makes way more sense. Especially given how the Switch doesn't yet have a decent way to organize apps and game locations on the main screen. It'd just be more clutter. I honestly don't care where the next set of games take place. If it's a Kanto return then that could be really cool to see, BUT if it's anything like the Plus/Minus rumor then we may have a very VERY interesting game on our hands. Also if the game was really in some sort of development THAT early on then I think we can assume that 2018 isn't totally out of the question for release. That said they could still be holding onto it for 2019 if that's when they planned on it coming out anyway. All very interesting stuff tho. Here's the thread I found that outlines the entire rumor. It's an interesting read at the very least. Re-analyzing the "Pokemon Plus & Pokemon Minus" RUMOR. - Nintendo 3DS Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom