• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone mentioned how the new TCG sets (which do link to the games frequently) is called BLUE impact, and RED flash.

The hints are building and building towards a Kanto focused game. The merchandise is hinting at a Feb release, aka the 20th anniversary. The Mega Evo 4 episode, now this TCG set. Repeated kanto references in XY and the need to bring Kanto into the mega verse and before you say Origins covers that, the original series didnt stop people buying Yellow did it, no, it advertised it.

Has anyone mentioned how the new TCG sets (which do link to the games frequently) is called BLUE impact, and RED flash.
Uhh?
Aren't they called Pokémon TCG: Blue Shock and Red Flash (representing RBY, Yellow being Electric)

The only thing that puts me off any thoughts that we'll get a Kanto game this generation is the fact they gave the Kanto Starters Megas already, we got them as starters too. What's the point in doing that if they were then gonna have Kanto remakes?

And I don't expect them to do back-to-back remakes of ORAS and then FRLG or whatever. I'm certain the next main series game we get will take place in Kalos or a new region.

The hints are building and building towards a Kanto focused game. The merchandise is hinting at a Feb release, aka the 20th anniversary. The Mega Evo 4 episode, now this TCG set. Repeated kanto references in XY and the need to bring Kanto into the mega verse and before you say Origins covers that, the original series didnt stop people buying Yellow did it, no, it advertised it.

For the love of god people, red/blue are the colors of the primary pair of games for generation I, and III, IV, and VI!

Break Evolution is basically about as relevant to the games as much as Holon and the Delta species were, albeit not at all. If we get something new, I doubt its this gen. Unless its a way to make megas more permanent.
Although the question isn't pointed at me, Volcanion and the power plants is tricky. The pokemon causes explosions and is obviously a play on steam power, I dunno how it can relate with the rest. The lava plantis obvious, but I am stumped on the rest.

Well what I was saying earlier is that I thought Volcanion's concept could be expanded to include different types of power sources, and several of them happen to be on display in the various buildings of the Power Plant. So going by the Power Plant buildings, there'd be a Fire/Grass form relating to solar energy, a Fire/Flying form relating to wind energy, and so on.

breakdown:

1) the TCG set is, as already stated, Blue Flash and Red Shock. the originals are Red and Green. if when they originally remade the game they went with Red and Green, i don't see why they would use Red and Blue. the TCG does share aspects with the game, but it's still not an accurate indicator of what's happening or going to happen in the main series games.

2) repeated references in Kalos doesn't mean that Kanto is coming back. there were scarce references to Hoenn, and guess what came after XY? Hoenn.

3) there is no immediate need. i'm not sure where people are coming from with this "KANTO NEEDS TO BE IN THE MEGAVERSE," when just about every other region also needs to be in the megaverse. on top of it, i highly doubt Mega Evolution is going anywhere since it was, for the most part, well received. eventually, every region will be in the megaverse.

4) notwithstanding "need," Origins does cover megaverse Kanto. the difference between Yellow and a hypothetical RGBFRLG v3 is that the anime inspired Yellow whereas the original RGB was what inspired Origins. Yellow was successful and popular because the anime was successful and popular at the time. who wouldn't want to play as Ash?

now as i've already said a few times, i'm not opposed to going back to Kanto. to a degree i even want to go back to Kanto. however, that being said i don't want to go back playing the same game for the third time just with better graphics.

The above post answerd my questions. It would be interesting if Volcanion received new forms. I think the part about it has the power to destroy mountains with its steam power will be awesome to experience in the games if they choose to go down that route.

The only thing that puts me off any thoughts that we'll get a Kanto game this generation is the fact they gave the Kanto Starters Megas already, we got them as starters too. What's the point in doing that if they were then gonna have Kanto remakes?

And I don't expect them to do back-to-back remakes of ORAS and then FRLG or whatever. I'm certain the next main series game we get will take place in Kalos or a new region.
I was sure of Kanto sequels, but with Kalos being a focus in this way, the dream kinda died. But I still maintain the idea that a Kanto post game can somehow work. Or the that the real twist is a Fire Emblem style difference, withone game being a Kalos sequel focused on the one Zygarde forme, with the other as a Kanto sequel focused on mew.
Break Evolution is basically about as relevant to the games as much as Holon and the Delta species were, albeit not at all. If we get something new, I doubt its this gen. Unless its a way to make megas more permanent.
Although the question isn't pointed at me, Volcanion and the power plants is tricky. The pokemon causes explosions and is obviously a play on steam power, I dunno how it can relate with the rest. The lava plantis obvious, but I am stumped on the rest.

Well what I was saying earlier is that I thought Volcanion's concept could be expanded to include different types of power sources, and several of them happen to be on display in the various buildings of the Power Plant. So going by the Power Plant buildings, there'd be a Fire/Grass form relating to solar energy, a Fire/Flying form relating to wind energy, and so on.
I was basically gonna suggest that, but the fire typing throws me of when it comes to being related to electricty.

I woyld dare say XY Break is meaning to bring Kalos back into focus, with one last push to get things back to Kalis, to get things ready for the generatiobs climax. But what do I know.

I was basically gonna suggest that, but the fire typing throws me of when it comes to being related to electricty.
virtually anything powered by fossil fuels uses heat to create energy. conventional coal power plants use coal to heat water into steam to power a turbine (thus creating the electricity).

That makes sense. Volcanion having a good event for speculation gets me excited, I reallyhope it isn't handled so mysteriously as the other two were

I don't see what the power plant has something to do with Volcanion. I always thought it would be a place for Zapdos or Raikou to occupy. Anyway...
I have no idea when they announce the new kalos games (which is likely since next movie has Zygarde). They either announce the games in one of the remaining months of this year or wait until next year.

I don't see what the power plant has something to do with Volcanion. I always thought it would be a place for Zapdos or Raikou to occupy. Anyway...
I have no idea when they announce the new kalos games (which is likely since next movie has Zygarde). They either announce the games in one of the remaining months of this year or wait until next year.

Due to the silhouette and the blob last month, along with the Kanto starters + new Pokemon merch in November, as well as the big plush in December, they have to announce the games in August-October, it wouldn't be very wise to announce the games next year.

Okay, hang on, what? Where on earth are you pulling all of those numbers from? Certainly not the games. The only game Trainer whose age has been confirmed is Red, at 11.

Red is 11 and since the PC's are basically identical and interchangeable, that must mean that Leaf is as well.

Then Hilbert and Hilda were confirmed by one of the character designers to be older than all previous player characters at 16. This straight up implies that all previous player characters (AKA Red, Leaf Ethan, Kris/Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas and Dawn) were all the same age. And we know that Red (and by extension Leaf) are 11, so that means all the others are as well.

And Nate and Rosa don't look much younger than Hilbert and Hilda, either. Nor do I think they'd revert back to younger PC's after doing older ones, so that places Nate and Rosa as 16 as well. Probably 14 at the youngest.

Serena and Calem are most likely 17-18 because again, why revert back to younger PC's when you've already decided to go older? Also, canon proof is that Emma, who is confirmed 16 in the Looker Chronicles, looks up to Serena or Calem as an older sibling, she wouldn't do that if they were younger than her.

There were three waves, though. One 3000 years ago, which would've been around the time of the Great War. This was a meteor shower, and that would've scattered the Mega Stones all over Hoenn.

But Hoenn is like crazy far away. I don't really buy that it was able to launch a bunch of Mega Stones that far.

X/Y showed the Ultimate Weapon in both the AZ flashbacks and the Lysandre blast as reaching well into the Sky, well above Mega Rayquaza's territory and even right into space. If it could practically reach the moon, it can reach Hoenn, no matter how far away lol

That one wasn't stated to be a wave of Mega Stones (created by the Ultimate Weapon)

Well strictly speaking, none of them were said to be that.

Fair enough.

Then the prophecy of the Deoxys meteor came 1000 years after that, but there was actually no meteors then (that Zinnia spoke of, at least).

Her grandmother however did say that the Lorekeeper has summoned Rayquaza in order to stop an oncoming meteor once before (which obviously couldn't have been either of the first two events; the first time, the meteors were many and fell upon Meteor Falls, and the second time, the meteor slammed into Sootopolis, which released the Primals, and then Rayquaza Mega-Evolved, again to save the people from the Primals). So there probably was another singular meteor in the intervening years.

Again, fair enough.

Then lastly came the Deoxys meteor, which had absolutely nothing to do with Mega Evolution, since it actually hit the RSE Hoenn (and didn't destroy it... Hmm, how suspicious...)

Although we don't really have any idea about how Birth Island relates to the meteors thing, or if the meteors even existed in the same fashion in that universe. Sootopolis, for instance, wasn't created by a meteor in that universe; it is a dormant volcano that filled up with water. But it still came to exist, because the universes seem oriented in such a way that they inevitably take on similar-though-not-identical forms.

Shoot, you're making me rethink all my arguments lol

I'm curious to know just how big the blast from the Ultimate Weapon was when AZ used it to end the Kalos War... does anybody know?

They never really said, but certainly it is capable of a global range, as Lysandre intended to use it on the entire world. However, consider that AZ's brother, at least how I understood it, was out of the region when the weapon was fired, and only found out about the devastation that it wrought upon returning to Kalos when he came to overthrow AZ. To me that suggests that it was only used by AZ on Kalos, which makes sense, because it was Kalos that was at war, and AZ wanted the war to end.

Did they actually say the Prince was gone and only found out when he came back? My interpretation of the books in Xerosic's office was that the brother was with AZ all the time and was all for the war because of greed until he saw AZ devastate everything and everyone, then buried the weapon, never to be found again.

Okay, hang on, what? Where on earth are you pulling all of those numbers from? Certainly not the games. The only game Trainer whose age has been confirmed is Red, at 11.
i think based off of height extrapolations most people assume and agree that the protags in gen II-IV are 10-11. Matsumiya has stated that Hilbert and Hilda were designed to be visually around 16 and later identified them in an interview as 14. a bit of a stretch, but given how much younger Serena looks in the anime compared to her video game counterpart (when virtually every other female companion has been faithful to their game design), implies that Serena and Calem must be older. not to mention that Emma says that Serena/Calem are like an older sibling to her, and she's confirmed to be 16. Nate and Rosa are still completely unknown, as far as i know.

Height extrapolations? Wait, what? I would never have used height to confirm age LOL

Red is 11 and since the PC's are basically identical and interchangeable, that must mean that Leaf is as well.

Then Hilbert and Hilda were confirmed by one of the character designers to be older than all previous player characters at 16. This straight up implies that all previous player characters (AKA Red, Leaf Ethan, Kris/Lyra, Brendan, May, Lucas and Dawn) were all the same age. And we know that Red (and by extension Leaf) are 11, so that means all the others are as well.

And Nate and Rosa don't look much younger than Hilbert and Hilda, either. Nor do I think they'd revert back to younger PC's after doing older ones, so that places Nate and Rosa as 16 as well. Probably 14 at the youngest.

Serena and Calem are most likely 17-18 because again, why revert back to younger PC's when you've already decided to go older? Also, canon proof is that Emma, who is confirmed 16 in the Looker Chronicles, looks up to Serena or Calem as an older sibling, she wouldn't do that if they were younger than her.

I'd just like to point out your argument that all other PC's must be as old as Red/Leaf can't be valid, because really, saying 'Hilda/Hilbert are older than all previous PC's' is merely saying that none of the PC's have ever been H/H's age or above. Plus, Brendan and May have canonically been confirmed to be 12

As for the future of this generation, I honestly wouldn't know anymore, but I'll probably enjoy whatever they'll throw at us. The fact that it was stated they want to wrap up this gen in a special way, only makes it more curious, cause to me at least that sounds like something new-ish will happen. As such, a third version or sequel sound weird to me (not bad, a third version or sequal would prolly be nice i think) cause that doesn't exactly sound unique or special?

I was sure of Kanto sequels, but with Kalos being a focus in this way, the dream kinda died. But I still maintain the idea that a Kanto post game can somehow work. Or the that the real twist is a Fire Emblem style difference, withone game being a Kalos sequel focused on the one Zygarde forme, with the other as a Kanto sequel focused on mew.
They said in an interview that they weren't gonna have two regions in a game again, so I think we can pretty much rule out a Kalos game with a Kanto postgame.

Height extrapolations? Wait, what? I would never have used height to confirm age LOL
you know, taking the height and comparing it to the average height? the average 10 year old boy is 4'10" and Lucas is 4'7" so that means he can't be too much older or younger than ten (and he's eleven anyways).
The issue is that artistic license is a thing. This is a game that very frequently has odd Pokemon sizes compared to the appearance of the model or sprite. If they want someone who is 4'7" to be 15 then they will be 15.

The issue is that artistic license is a thing. This is a game that very frequently has odd Pokemon sizes compared to the appearance of the model or sprite. If they want someone who is 4'7" to be 15 then they will be 15.
that's true. however, it's worked pretty well with Generations I-IV's protagonists, so i doubt GameFreak is taking that much creative liberty with the player characters.

breakdown:

1) the TCG set is, as already stated, Blue Flash and Red Shock. the originals are Red and Green. if when they originally remade the game they went with Red and Green, i don't see why they would use Red and Blue. the TCG does share aspects with the game, but it's still not an accurate indicator of what's happening or going to happen in the main series games.
They were Red and Blue internationally, yes they made LeafGreen but I think they realised this as a mistake at least internationally. I doubt they will repeat this mistake outside of Japan
2) repeated references in Kalos doesn't mean that Kanto is coming back. there were scarce references to Hoenn, and guess what came after XY? Hoenn.
You're kidding right, Hoenn Confirmed was a massive thing, maybe you didn't see the hints, or dismissed them as a joke (ok some were jokey) but they were there. Game Freak isn't going to serve it to you on a plate you know.
3) there is no immediate need. i'm not sure where people are coming from with this "KANTO NEEDS TO BE IN THE MEGAVERSE," when just about every other region also needs to be in the megaverse. on top of it, i highly doubt Mega Evolution is going anywhere since it was, for the most part, well received. eventually, every region will be in the megaverse.
When is there ever a NEED for any game? Game Freak don't make games to fill a NEED, they make games to sell well and entertain. Also Kanto was first, and the home of Pokemon, so yeah it's going to be early on in the queue for a megaverse game
4) notwithstanding "need," Origins does cover megaverse Kanto. the difference between Yellow and a hypothetical RGBFRLG v3 is that the anime inspired Yellow whereas the original RGB was what inspired Origins. Yellow was successful and popular because the anime was successful and popular at the time. who wouldn't want to play as Ash?
Yes because they decided to make a 2 hour long special available online for free just for fun, not as any sort of promotion like all the other anime. Origins was to peak your interest. Most players have never played RBYFRLG as its over 10 years old, Game Freaks target demographic mostly wasnt even born in 2004
now as i've already said a few times, i'm not opposed to going back to Kanto. to a degree i even want to go back to Kanto. however, that being said i don't want to go back playing the same game for the third time just with better graphics.
Thankfully Game Freak don't make games just for you, theres millions of fans out their they cater for. If you don't want them, don't buy them, it really is that simple.

you know, taking the height and comparing it to the average height? the average 10 year old boy is 4'10" and Lucas is 4'7" so that means he can't be too much older or younger than ten (and he's eleven anyways).

Height extrapolations???? When has this ever been a thing in Pokemon? People are all sorts of varying heights, there isn't a set (if the character is this tall they are this age)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom