• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think GF just figured that if we saw emerald callbacks it would be enough, but that probably backfired alot. I really don't understand why not use the elements of the third game to supplement the duo, considering how its the full thing after all. IF DLC was allowed, and GF was making it sure, but otherwise I can't support it at all. On a side note:
Why isn't DLC allowed? I understand the fact that the games do not support it, but considering how patches are supported, I am pretty sure the ability to retain and download DLC can be patched in. IIRC NSMB2 and FE:A did not come with DLC capabilities, and a later update patched the games to do so. In that case, DLC could happen. At the back of my mind, I still hope that if XY2 were to happen or some sort like that before gen 7, I would be much more comfortable with a one-two combo:
XY+/ORAS+ rereleases of the games with in February. Base versions gain the ability to patch in DLC support, allows for megas across all 4 games, either DLC costs 10$ each with substantial content, and game exclusive features. All this is featured in the games if you've never bought em.
Then in Fall Gen 7 comes along. Its not really two games in one year, nor is it too much for a year. Just a little more content for already bought games, or a GOTY edition thing for those who are on the fence.

Just to point something out: Fire Emblem and NSMB2 already were designed for it right from the very beginning, it just didn't display it in it's menu, because the content that was going to be provided wasn't ready at the time, due to planning the price for it. Also, NSMB2 does not have the capability of downloading new textures, all it does is read the extra data on the SD Card to configure the map data for each of those stages. And it's just done by simple bytes, just like how you'd design a map in R/S/E/FR/LG in which was done on a block-like patterns. It works in the same way as the editor for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which is simple hexadecimal byte switching. As for Fire Emblem, they already had the characters programmed into the ROM, the characters weren't really downloaded, it was just a simple server check with both the SD Card and the Nintendo Network servers and then add in the bytes to the save data for having the characters (since they're not saved to the SD Card, but to the save file itself on the Game Card). Just like how Animal Crossing: New Leaf uses this same server check sequence with the SD Card, and then adds in the byte for the item that was checked with the server (since the furniture is already in the ROM from the very beginning since the game was developed). But Fire Emblem Awakening it did however have the capability to download new textures for the new maps introduced in the content, which were read directly from the SD Card, but that's because it had the capability to do so in the ROM itself.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the character sheet, since there's Pikachu and Hoopa Confined on it, that should mean it's movie based. Hoopa Unbound is definitely on there and all three are important Pokemon in the movie, right?

Character A -
Character B -
Character C -
Character D -
Character D -
Character E -

Let's pretend Hoopa Unbound is Character E, that just leaves A, B, C, and the two Ds. What other important Pokemon are there in the movie? Those are Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Mega Rayquaza, and Arceus.
The Hoenn trio because it IS a movie focusing on the portals in OR/AS.
Arceus... The three characters are wearing a necklace with its rings on it and it seems like it's going to have a huge impact in the movie. Whatever they announce about it, we have June and July left to go. And why hide it if it's not something new? That should mean a new game will be announced on either of those two months.

If you want my two cents what I think (and hope) will happen for the rest of Generation VI is either a third version or pair of games with form(s) of Zygarde as the mascot and re-remakes of Kanto (with the setting being the Kanto region in the universe where Mega Evolutions exist). Then we move on to Generation VII.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1047322
Because its a jumbled mess, I am posting a link to where I saw it. Basically, rumor has it Tajiri is to show up in a per E3 show, where Nintendo has a world premeire. I have said it befoere, E3 with the 20th coming up, and if Tajiri is showing up after 11 years, its something major.

m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1047322
Because its a jumbled mess, I am posting a link to where I saw it. Basically, rumor has it Tajiri is to show up in a per E3 show, where Nintendo has a world premeire. I have said it befoere, E3 with the 20th coming up, and if Tajiri is showing up after 11 years, its something major.
Tajiri? Who's that again?

Satoshi Tajiri.....creator of the series, director and maker of the first two generations. Its just a rumor, but it seems like its something definitely real. The names. may or may not be placeholders, and ot may be for E3 or it could be for the game awards. Either way, if Tajiri is back in the spotlight, and he DOES have a hand in the next games, its definitely not gonna be Kalos related. Hell, it could not even be for the main series.

Satoshi Tajiri.....creator of the series, director and maker of the first two generations. Its just a rumor, but it seems like its something definitely real. The names. may or may not be placeholders, and ot may be for E3 or it could be for the game awards. Either way, if Tajiri is back in the spotlight, and he DOES have a hand in the next games, its definitely not gonna be Kalos related. Hell, it could not even be for the main series.

IDK, if that rumor is correct, I don't think it can be anything but a main series, Tajiri showing up for a pre-E3 announcement means that it's probably big, franchise changing news. I hate to say this because I think it's too soon for this, but this very well could be a 7th gen announcement. This announcement seems to be on the same scale as the Pokemon Direct back in January 2013, if not larger.

Of course that's all assuming that this rumor is true.

My favorite thing about E3 is all the rumors. Even if you know they aren't true, there is a part of you that thinks "but what if it IS true?!".

Im gonna take it with a grain of salt for now because Taijiri showing up seems like a big deal. I think it could happen though if they have a big announcement. It also could have something to do with the 20th anniversery if they have something planned for that, if this rumor is true that is.

I know him as Satoshi his last name has never stuck in my head. I didn't think he had a lot of involvement with Pokemon anymore.

I know him as Satoshi his last name has never stuck in my head. I didn't think he had a lot of involvement with Pokemon anymore.

But still he's the father of pokemon and it's thanks to him we're playing these games all these years. CEO of Gamefreak. If it's him appearing at the E3 it would have to be something major. Of course, if the rumors are true

If this rumor is true... and I repeat with a huge if... then I wonder if this and the "incredible Pokémon" news that's supposed to show up in Famitsu this coming week may be related. I mean, geez... why are we hearing about both of these things simultaneously? Unless they plan on revealing two completely different games all at once, I dunno.

If this rumor is true... and I repeat with a huge if... then I wonder if this and the "incredible Pokémon" news that's supposed to show up in Famitsu this coming week may be related. I mean, geez... why are we hearing about both of these things simultaneously? Unless they plan on revealing two completely different games all at once, I dunno.
Sometimes instead of doing one big thing for an anniversary a company will do a lot of things. 2016 might be the year of more Pokemon games then we can imagine.

That is an interesting rumor. I really doubt that it's true, but the idea that he would appear at E3 does sound really interesting. If it was something major, I think that they might have hinted at it more by having a brief mention of an announcement in the newest Coro Coro. If he does show up, and that's a big if, then I'd lead more towards announcing some Kanto related games, most likely sequels or some brand new games centered in Kanto. I doubt that he would appear to announce the next Kalos game and this would help to hype up the 20th anniversary too. I kind of like the idea of announcing a new game this year, but still having a year breather for this year. If they want to release Kanto related games in February, then they could spend the rest of this year for pre-release information. I'm not sure how likely that is given that they do like putting the games in the fall, but that might be one way to still provide a bit of a breather while still promoting a new game at the same time.

I can't say I fully believe this rumor at the moment, but due to the nature of it, I don't think we'll have to wait for long to see if it's right as this is the type of news that Nintendo/GF would share very soon enough as it'll get hype for their product. Provided the rumor is true though, I agree that it leans more towards either a 7th generation release or something related to Kanto, a third version/sequel for Gen 6 I feel wouldn't have this level of promotion if Tajiri's getting involved.

I try to make a principle of never believing any of the pre-E3 stuff. But it does raise the question: why have we never seen the man himself at these events before?

hi I am new here. I follow the pokemon tv series as well as play the games.
anyway I was just doing some random calculating and for the tv series it takes ash approximately 9 weeks (9 episodes) between gym battles. give or take a week or 2.
so with that calculation ash should have his 8th gym badge around dec 12th 2015. so give him like another 9 weeks (9 episodes) for the pokemon league and he should be done with the whole x,y series by feb 2016. which means the new generation game will prolly come out jan, feb, or march 2016 which is between 8 and 10 months from now. so they should be announcing the new gen pretty soon actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom