• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Wait, so there were more trademarks? Seems fishy to me considering that none of them are registered by Nintendo, Game Freak or Creatures Inc. Plus Corocoro may not live up to what they say for next month but we'll see. It be good to have some solid news from corocoro.

Everyone would know the new Pokemon immediately if any of those three registered the trademarks. It's a real conundrum: you gotta get all the legal stuff in before going through with the product but then that info can be open to the public. That's why you gotta be a little sneaky and have someone completely under the radar do it for you.

Last edited:
Of course, it could just be meaning "big." As in Gigalith.
Everyone know mega means million and giga means billion, what's your point? Do you mean it could just be a Pokemon name?
The reason I speculated as such is because the trademark for Gigareki was filed under software related sections while the other trademarks included various stuffs like stuff animals, pillow cases, office supplies, etc.

Could Reki = Reiki, meaning Universal Life Energy?

If so, Synergy confirmed surely.
Also although poorly drawn it gives us a picture of what the starts could look like
http://i.********/vp/1461192155802s.jpg

Nice. Aw, it kinda looks like a flying Snover and a baby Lapras :D lol.

Personally, I would like something entirely different for all three... so are these names also likely to come to some sort of truth? or has the grass owl come up before like someone else mentioned above?

Nice. Aw, it kinda looks like a flying Snover and a baby Lapras :D lol.

Personally, I would like something entirely different for all three... so are these names also likely to come to some sort of truth? or has the grass owl come up before like someone else mentioned above?
Well in the XY era a lot of the trademarks turned out to be true and in fact we found out about multiple megas, the Starter evos , Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and Zygarde through this very process.
I truly believe that these trademarks will be apart of the games because of how everything is lining up.

Also although poorly drawn it gives us a picture of what the starts could look like

Those look adorable... I'd have a hard time choosing. xD

Well in the XY era a lot of the trademarks turned out to be true and in fact we found out about multiple megas, the Starter evos , Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and Zygarde through this very process.
I truly believe that these trademarks will be apart of the games because of how everything is lining up.

Oh I see ok, cool, I think that was at the time I would jump on and off the forums when info and leaks would arise xD
Now I'm pretty much fully invested in before-hand speculation without influence lol, probably because of the way all the Zygarde forms ect got revealed, and I'm just here every day now.

Awesome though. I hope if the Water starter does turn out to be some kind of sea lion, that it's final stage is better in design than Samurott... I just thought it was a little rough around the edges coming from Dewott (even if Dewott was a subtle nod to Buizel's line lol imo). Oshawott I can't fault though :D

Aw scrapmetal! Fire kitty looks so cute. I want that to happen so bad now! Fire kitty is love! Fire kitty is life!

....knowing my luck, fire kitty won't happen. Because the universe hates me. :cry:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing some type of seal makes me think instead of going completely clean slate they might be polishing up old unfinished concepts like cutie pie beta Johto water starter:

Alpha_kurusu.png

As I said "Kurou" means crow as well as blackbird, so Mokurou isn't necessarily an owl, but probably is some kind of bird. Nyabby, the "bby" could refer to 'baby' or 'bi' as in 'tail', and rather than a tiger like people keep mentioning, is probably more likely based off the Bakeneko as I've actually mentioned in my fire starter speculation blog post. It's a youkai cat that is known for producing fireballs. The Ashimari name sounds pretty spot on though. A Sea Lion...I'm not sure how thrilled I am about it considering we already have Samurott. Heh, I'm already down for the other two though so it's fine if there's one starter I'm not too enthused about. I still don't really like Chespin much.

As I said "Kurou" means crow as well as blackbird, so Mokurou isn't necessarily an owl, but probably is some kind of bird. Nyabby, the "bby" could refer to 'baby' or 'bi' as in 'tail', and rather than a tiger like people keep mentioning, is probably more likely based off the Bakeneko as I've actually mentioned in my fire starter speculation blog post. It's a youkai cat that is known for producing fireballs. The Ashimari name sounds pretty spot on though. A Sea Lion...I'm not sure how thrilled I am about it considering we already have Samurott. Heh, I'm already down for the other two though so it's fine if there's one starter I'm not too enthused about. I still don't really like Chespin much.
Even if the Owl is really a crow or vise versa it looks like people are getting that Grass\Flying starter they wanted while Nyabby could be nyah + tabby and if so I'm calling it Garfield personally.

So the final starters' evolutions' types:
Grass/Flying
Fire
Water

I hope that they add something for the Fire and Water starters.

The fire one might end up being Fire/Dark, not sure about the water type, might be pure. Although Water/Fighting would kind of make me laugh.

The fire one might end up being Fire/Dark, not sure about the water type, might be pure. Although Water/Fighting would kind of make me laugh.
Fire/Dark would place it at a huge disadvantage against the Water-type if he/she is Water/Fighting. The same goes for Water/Fighting and Grass/Flying.

Who were they supplied by though? If it wasn't by a lawyer then there was a higher chance of being true.

^I think it was by some kind of subsidiary, not under GameFreak's name. They tried hard to hide it. This could be yet another method they are trying to hide the names from being leaked.

Back
Top Bottom