• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - ENDGAME - Commodus's Reign - MAFIA VICTORY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 - War of Love

• Day 1 - War of Love

In the heart of the Roman Empire, where togas were as extravagant as the emperors who wore them, a drama of epic proportions was about to unfold. Commodus, the Emperor with an ego as large as Jupiter, was experiencing a severe case of sibling jealousy. Lucilla, his stunningly bodaciously sexy sister, had caught his attention in more ways than one. Whispers filled the palace halls, carrying tales of Lucilla's amorous escapades with none other than Maximus, the hunky gladiator who flexed his muscles and stole hearts with equal prowess. Rumor even has it that Maximus becomes a father again every night... The very thought of Maximus and Lucilla in the same bed would drive Commodus to think of unspeakable acts.

As the moon cast its silvery glow over Rome, Commodus finally decided to take action on this dastardly threat. His emotions swirled like a hurricane, conjuring visions of Maximus and Lucilla dancing through fields of wildflowers, their embrace as passionate as a volcanic eruption. The night felt like it could never end for poor Commodus, but once the sun finally rose, he requested every Roman citizen to come to the arena.

"I challenge Maximus to a duel of epic proportions!" Commodus announced, his arms outstretched to the heavens. "Whoever is with me, come to my side!"

"Let the arena be the stage where our rivalry is settled!"

---

It is Day 1. The Phase ends in 48 hours at 9PM GMT+2 on the 17th of August 2023.

Countdown until phase end.

NOTE: A 24-hour phase extension will only be accepted if 50% of living players + 1 vote for it by posting in-thread EXTEND: DAY PHASE.

Last edited:
    Day 2 - The Emperor's Mercy

• Day 2 - The Emperor's Mercy

Lucius stood in the center of the arena, his young face a mixture of awe and trepidation as he took in the grandeur of the spectacle around him. The deafening roars of the crowd and the clash of weapons were overwhelming. He had heard stories of gladiators, but being here in person was an entirely different experience.

Commodus watched Lucius with a calculating gaze. Maximus looked sternly at Commodus with a mix of concern and disapproval. Commodus knew that Maximus cared deeply for Lucius's safety, and he was determined to use that to his advantage.

With a slight smile playing on his lips, Commodus went closer toward Maximus and spoke in a hushed tone. "Look at him, Maximus. The cheers of the crowd are intoxicating, aren't they? Just imagine the joy he must be feeling right now."

Maximus's eyes flickered between Commodus and Lucius, his worry evident. "Commodus, this is no place for a child. He shouldn't be here."

Commodus turned his gaze back to Lucius, a mockingly sympathetic expression on his face. "You're right, dear Maximus. But the boy is at an age of curiosity, of exploring the world. And what better way to show his loyalty to his uncle, the mighty emperor?"

Maximus's gaze hardened, her concern transforming into anger. "You're using him as a pawn, Commodus. Just like you always do."

Commodus chuckled softly, his eyes never leaving Lucius. "Perhaps, Maximus. But isn't that what family is for? To support each other, no matter the circumstances?"

Maximus's jaw tightened, his frustration evident. He knew that arguing further with Commodus was futile, but his paternal instincts couldn't be suppressed.

Lucius's heart sank, realizing that he had ventured into a dangerous situation. As he scanned the crowd, he suddenly met Commodus' gaze, a chill running down his spine.

Commodus raised his hand in a dismissive gesture, a sinister smile on his face. "Go, Lucius. It is not your place here; just go and seat with our people. Your uncle wishes to keep you safe."

The crowd's cheers seemed distant to Lucius as he hurriedly made his way out of the arena. He felt a mix of relief and unease, understanding that he had narrowly escaped Commodus' manipulative intentions.

Maximus knew that Commodus's actions were far from benevolent, fearing for the future of the Roman people under his rule. Commodus would do anything to not have the Romans rebel against him.

ZinnLav has been removed from the game.

Lucius
    main-qimg-f5d000fb4ac8113f0a148ffd30cf4ea0-lq

"They said you were a giant. They said you could crush a man's skull with one hand."
    Dear ZinnLav,

You are...

Innocent - FULL Role PM reveal AT ANY TIME by sending a PM to me in private saying "I am Lucius." - be it Day Phase or Night Phase. Once revealed, voting power becomes 0.5x (half). Can become and will stay at 0x (zero) if a Townie is ever lynched. If a Mafia is lynched or a no lynch occurs, it stays at 0.5x.

NOTE: Activation of this role guarantees a 24-hour increase during the phase it is used without the need for a majority vote agreement (50% + 1) by the total living players.

You are allied with Maximus's Rebellion. You win when Commodus's Empire is defeated.

A letter fell from the sky, with the contents inside stating the following:

---

It is now Day 2. The phase ends at 9PM GMT+2 on the 20th of August 2023.

Last edited:
    Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - Day 3 - Mother First
  • Vote Totals:

DawningWinds - VII (Mint Elv, Zexy, Jinjo, JamieIsBored, Space, RavenRaziel98, ExLight)
    Jinjo - II (Minish, DawningWinds)

Day 3 - Mother First

After the events at the start of the day, with Lucius being sent out of the battlefield, Lucilla grew weary of what Commodus's men could do to Lucius. She was not a combatant, but she had seen many games when she was a child and she would mimic her favorite fighters in their tactics.

With a resolute determination, Lucilla dropped her weapon and turned to face the crowd. She raised her voice above the din, her words carrying through the arena. "I will fight no more in this twisted game. My place is not here, but with my son!"

The fierce declaration by Lucilla touched the hearts of the audience and combatants, which caused an uproar in most of the arena to be directed at Commodus to send her to the imperial box with her son Lucius.

The pressure on Commodus grew even further.

He knew that the people loved Lucilla, and that if she disapproved of him publicly, the polls would go down further. He knew it was his fault for letting Lucius and Lucilla in the game in the first place anyway. The gambit to use Lucius as bait for Lucilla to fall for Commodus's desires would always fail anyway and only work to get Lucilla to only sleep in the same bed as his. And, while Lucilla was a celebrity with her royalty, her reception of her in the arena was mixed, making the plan fragile and thus easily fallible.Though, keeping both Lucilla and Lucius away from each other could have resulted in a more successful plan.

"SILENCE", shouted Commodus from the arena.

"I will let my dear sister Lucilla leave as she pleases."

The declaration by Commodus caused the people to cheer, but there were some people who were disappointed by the change of heart. They had come to see the royalty fight against each other to appease their hatred of them.

As Lucilla was on her way to leave the arena, a nobleman took out his bow and arrows that he was hiding inside his toga, and seized the opportunity.

"THIS IS FOR FORCING MY SON IN YOUR BARBARIC WARS!"

The nobleman shot two arrows simultaneously while holding his bow horizontally, piercing through Lucilla's shoulders.

Lucilla screamed in agony, shocking everyone in the arena. Lucius screamed his mother's name, but before he could leave the imperial box, the pretorium guards prevented him from moving any further out of genuine concern for his safety.

The pretorium guards in the cavea auditorium seized the nobleman, who was just another victim of the wars propagated by the Roman royalty which would conscript Romans to war that they would feel were a political threat to them.

Maximus begged Commodus to stop the game with the people of Rome distraught over Lucilla's wellbeing, but Commodus would not hear it. Commodus seized the opportunity of the arena to get rid of Maximus, knowing that when Maximus is out of the way, Lucilla will have only Commodus's shoulders to rest her head on, and would finally love him back.

The chaos that Rome was thrust into for all the conspiracies it was hiding finally coming into light prevented anything from being able to be done in the night, and the worry over Lucilla's wellbeing by everyone brought grief and worry that needed time to heal the repercussions of.

DawningWinds has been removed from the game.

Lucilla

GettyImages-51103254.jpg

"Must my son die too, before you'll trust me?"
    Dear DawningWinds,

You are...

Beloved - No matter when you die, the following Night Phase is skipped time-wise, thus preventing new role activation and a Nightkill from being used. Your death causes all roles, including passive roles, to become Vanilla (roleless) for two full, non-skipped phases (1 Day Phase counts as 1 phase). If a role's effect has started and has not concluded yet, it will remain in effect and conclude as intended.

You are allied with Maximus's Rebellion. You win when Commodus's Empire is defeated.

A public announcement was made, stating the following:

ExLight appears to be allied with Maximus's Rebellion.

---

Beloved Mechanics:

Night 2 has been skipped.

Starting from Day 3, until the end of Night 3, every living player is now Vanilla (roleless).

The Mafia Nightkill can still be performed on Night 3.

---

It is now Day 3. The phase ends at 9PM GMT+2 on the 22nd of August 2023.

NOTE: A 24-hour phase shortening will only be accepted if 50% of living players + 1 vote for it by posting in-thread SHORTEN: DAY PHASE.

The choice to extend the Day Phase by 24 hours which was given at the start of Day 1 is still possible.

The above choices can only be voted for if 24 hours have not already passed.

——-

I am still looking for a sub for Jinjo.

Last edited:
    Day 4 - Honor Redeemed

• Day 4 - Honor Redeemed

Among the gladiators preparing for combat was Antonius Proximo, a seasoned veteran who had seen countless battles and triumphed against insurmountable odds.

The clang of steel against steel reverberated through the air as the battle commenced. His muscles strained, his movements calculated, Antonius fought with the skill of a warrior who had honed his craft through years of struggle. But beneath the surface, the weight of his past and the pressure of the arena gnawed at his resolve.

As the battle raged on, a sudden tremor coursed through Antonius' body. His grip on his weapon faltered, and his steps became unsteady. The audience's cheers turned into confused murmurs as they witnessed the once-formidable gladiator falter. Antonius' vision blurred, and he stumbled, collapsing to his knees in the sand. A seizure, triggered by the overwhelming stress of the fight, had taken hold of him.

Amidst the chaos, a different figure emerged, one that had been missing from the scene. Hagen, a fellow gladiator and friend, had awoken from a coma in the cavea auditorium, the seats that surrounded the arena. Confusion swept over him as he watched the scene unfold below. Instinctively, he knew that he had to intervene.

Ignoring his own weakened state, Hagen lunged over the barrier of the cavea and landed on the sandy floor of the arena. His presence cut through the turmoil, drawing the attention of both the spectators and the combatants. With a fierce determination, Hagen rushed to Antonius' side, throwing caution to the wind.

With the strength born of desperation, Hagen lifted Antonius from the ground, his muscles protesting the effort. The seizure still gripped Antonius, his body convulsing in Hagen's arms. The crowd's confusion transformed into a mixture of awe and disbelief as they witnessed this unexpected act of camaraderie.

Summoning every ounce of his remaining strength, Hagen carried Antonius toward the edge of the arena. With a final surge, he heaved his friend over the barrier, sending him tumbling onto the cold stone of the cavea. But Hagen's actions were not yet complete. With an audacious leap, he followed Antonius, soaring over the barrier and landing in the cavea just as the roar of the crowd reached its peak.

Breathing heavily, Hagen struggled to his feet, his gaze fixed on Antonius as he fought to regain control of his body. The gladiators' reunion, against all odds, sent a ripple of astonishment through the audience. The once ruthless and bloodthirsty crowd now looked on with newfound respect for the bonds that had formed between these warriors.

As the dust settled and the chaos subsided, Hagen and Antonius stood side by side, battered and bruised, but united in their triumph over the adversities that had threatened to tear them apart.

Even if Marcus Aurelius was not alive to see the feats of Antonius, he would surely be proud to see that Antonius tried to set things right in Rome to make up for the freedom given to him.

Minish has been removed from the game.
    Antonius Proximo

32f079474a3d4dcd-600x338.jpg

“Learn from me. I wasn't the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you'll win your freedom.”​
    Dear Minish,

You are...

1x Role Tracker - During the Night Phase, you can choose a player, and by the end of the Night Phase, you will learn if that player targeted any player during the same Night Phase. You can not track nightkills. You can not use this role on yourself.

---

Beloved Mechanics:

Finished.

---

Hammer rules are active and can not be deactivated (50% + 1 = Hammer). With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to hammer, which will result in the Day Phase ending, with the player with 4 votes being lynched and thus removed from the game.

A No Lynch is a viable hammer option, which would result in the Day Phase ending and nobody being lynched.

You can still vote to either SHORTEN or EXTEND the Day Phase by 24 hours.

——

It is now Day 4. The phase ends at 9PM GMT+2 on the 24th of August 2023.

Last edited:
    Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia Endgame - Commodus Reigns
  • Vote Totals:

Zexy - IV (Argonne JamieIsBored, Mint Elv, Space)
    Space - I (Zexy)

ENDGAME - Emperor's Reign

Senator Gracchus found himself in a rather peculiar predicament. As the battle raged on around him, he somehow managed to trip over his own toga and stumbled into the path of a charging chariot.

With his arms flailing in an attempt to regain his balance, Senator Gracchus let out a surprised yelp that echoed through the arena, capturing the attention of both the audience and the combatants. The charioteer, caught off guard by this unexpected obstacle, desperately pulled on the reins, but it was too late.

The chariot collided with the unfortunate senator, and the impact sent him soaring through the air in a truly comical fashion. His toga billowed like a sail, and his eyes widened in a mix of shock and disbelief as he sailed over the sand, arms still windmilling wildly.

The audience watched in a mixture of horror and amusement as Senator Gracchus soared in slow motion, his expression frozen in a bizarre combination of fear and bewilderment. His trajectory took him straight into a pile of discarded weapons, and he disappeared into the pile with a muffled thud.

As the dust settled, the arena fell into a momentary hush. Then, from the pile of weapons, a single sandal emerged and wobbled in the air for a moment before falling back down. The crowd erupted into laughter, unable to contain their amusement at the absurdity of the senator's demise.

The camera panned to Maximus, the heroic gladiator, who couldn't help but crack a wry smile amidst the chaos. Even in the midst of battle, the universe seemed to have a sense of humor, and for his comedic act, Senator Gracchus was spared.

Zexy has been removed from the game.

Senator Gruccus
    EgSQxThUwAI1_QW

"The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the Senate, it's the sand of the Colosseum. He'll bring them death and they will love him for it."​
    Dear Zexy,

You are...

Secret Voter. Vote in thread does not count, but can be feigned. Only the vote sent to me privately in the private PM chat as VOTE: PLAYER NAME during the Day Phase will count.

Commodus's men were defeating Maximus's men one by one, and ultimately, Cicero had to surrender in shame.

Argonne has lost in Endgame
    Cicero
    latest

"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to."​
    Dear Argonne,

You are...

1x Publicizer - During the Night Phase, you may pick one player, and once the next night ends (ex: you use it Night 2, and the effect ends at Night 3) and you are still alive, the chosen player's alignment is revealed publicly. For only the Day Phase after you pick the player, your vote will count as 0.5x (half) and this change will not be reflected in the official Vote Counts. Note that the alignment publicized may not be accurate depending on the player it is used on. You can not use this role on yourself.

Juba, knowing he had a wife and child waiting for him, also felt that he had to give up, at least for now.

MintElv has lost in Endgame.

Juba
    512gMZmJweL.__AC_SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

"Now we are free."​
    Dear Mint Elv,

You are...

1x Death Delayer. During the Night Phase, you may choose a player to give a life-extending *item to. That player, for the rest of the game, no matter what happens, if they were ever to die, it will take them two more phases to finally die (1 Day Phase counts as 1 phase, 1 Night Phase counts as 1 phase). The player of your choosing will not be notified that the item has been received and thus will not be made aware unless you publicize the information. The delay of death of the player will not be publicized once activated and neither will you be informed that the player of your choosing has had a successful kill attempt - not even through a Day Phase lynch. The player whose death is delayed will also not be notified when the item has been used. You can not use this role on yourself.

Emperor Commodus was in high spirits at the surrender of Maximus's army, and with a gleeful smile, declared the game over and him the victor, with Lucilla awaiting him at the palace.

Space has won in Endgame.

Commodus
    Commodus.Gladiator.webp

The people are my children, I am their father. I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly...
    Dear Space,

You are...

With your ability to feign innocence, you are the Godfather - Appear as Maximus's Rebellion in checks until the start of Day 2.
    The Romans are eager to know what is going on, as is your job as the 1x Reporter - During the Night Phase, a text is publicized for the public to see - can include video. Your identity will be hidden, both player and name claim.
    When you can not win the people's trust with your character, items of desire are your go-to as the 1x Gifter - During the Night Phase, a player of your choosing will receive a *gift with minus ( - ) 1x vote for the following Day Phase only. You can not use this role on yourself. You can use this role on a Mafia partner. The -1 vote is not publicized in the thread or in the Official Vote Count. The chosen player is notified that they will have minus 1x vote during that Day Phase only, and that it is automatically activated and can not be de-activated. Whether the chosen player does or does not use it, the 1x Gifter will remain used up.

You are allied with Commodus's Empire. You win when Maximus's Rebellion is defeated

Tigris of Gaul faught like he was in his prime, and was pleased with the end result. He was happy to still act as a contribution to the Roman Empire's entertainment venture.
    JamieIsBored has won in Endgame.

Tigris of Gaul

We who are about to die, salute you!
    Dear JamieIsBored,

You are...

1x RoleCop Vanillizer. During the Night Phase, you can choose a player, and by the end of the phase, that player will be informed that their role has been vanillized and roleblocked. They will become Vanilla (roleless), and will only be informed of their roleblocking if their role is being chosen to be activated in the same Night Phase. You will also learn of their role. If you were to die while the player you chose to be Vanillized is still alive, that player will revert to their original role.

You are allied with Commodus's Empire. You win when Maximus's Rebellion is defeated.

Maximus had to accept defeat in the arena, and had to bow down to Commodus and become his personal slave, to use and abuse to Commodus's every desire.

Exlight has lost in Endgame.

Maximus
    x9ho5k23zrxwmqf2flqk.jpg

"Ancestors, I ask for your guidance. Blessed mother, come to me with the Gods' desire for my future. Blessed father, watch over my wife and son with a ready sword. Whisper to them I live only to hold them again. Ancestors, I honor you and will try to live with the dignity that you have taught me."​
    Dear ExLight

You are...

1x Deathproof. For one attempt on your life, either by a lynch during the day or kill during the night, you will not die. You will also be informed when your 1x Deathproof has been used up.

HIDDEN MODIFIER: At the start of Day 2, you will also become a Miller. This is a natural part of your role, acting as a hidden modifier placed on you before the game began.

---
    It is now ENDGAME.
    SPACE AND JAMIEISBORED ARE THE WINNERS OF GLADIATOR (2000 FILM) MAFIA!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!

---
    Thank you for reaching over 90 pages of engaging content!
    1. What did you think of the game? Did you enjoy it?

2. What did you think of name claims being hidden and revealed until death?
    3. What did you think of the balance of the game?
    4. Is there anything else you feel I could have or should have done?
    5. What did you think of the flavor text? (If you read it)
    ----
    Live reactions from your host humonity to MoD Calvin:

1. [3:45 PM]Calvin ッ:

Heyooo

2. [3:45 PM]Calvin ッ:

Just wanted to let you know you're free to post your signups

3. [3:46 PM]Calvin ッ:

I did mention you on the forum but saw you haven't been online since the 9th so wanted to make sure you got the message somehow
      da3651e59d6006dfa5fa07ec3102d1f3.svg

4. [5:45 PM]humonity:

Ok thank u

5. [5:46 PM]humonity:

Will post it later tonight when I am nella mia casa

6. [5:52 PM]Calvin ッ:

No worries no rush

7. August 14, 2023
    8. [9:59 PM]Calvin ッ:

I'll MoD ya game if you'll have me

9. [11:46 PM]humonity:

MoD?

10. [11:46 PM]Calvin ッ:

moderator on duty
    11. [11:48 PM]Calvin ッ:

12. [11:52 PM]humonity:

ok i will put you in the rolepms

13. [11:53 PM]humonity:

Also

14. [11:54 PM]humonity:

What apps are hosts using to randomize roles?

15. [11:54 PM]humonity:

to assign to players i mean

16. August 15, 2023
    17. [12:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

Whatever your preference is, I just use random.org personally, but I assume there's possibly an easier way of doing it

18. [12:04 AM]Calvin ッ:

So like my role pm list will be numbered 1-10, then for each one I use random.org and have it match a player on the player list.It's your discretion though, for example if you had a new player you'd probably be less likely to give them a really strong power role, but that depends on the host (edited)

19. [12:12 AM]humonity:

i am a randomer i dont pick roles for people
    20. [12:12 AM]humonity:

Yeah that’s how i remember it

21. [12:12 AM]Calvin ッ:

same here, I don't really like dabbling into the games with host power haha

22. [12:12 AM]Calvin ッ:

Rather just keep it ful random personally

23. [12:30 AM]humonity:

also, typing this here so there is pre-game proof that i did not make it up
    24. [12:30 AM]humonity:

the character of maximus will also become a miller come day 2

25. [12:31 AM]humonity:

it is not stated in their role pm that they will become one, but they will know when day 2 comes

08c0a077780263f3df97613e58e71744.svg

26. August 17, 2023
    27. [9:55 AM]humonity:

28. [9:55 AM]humonity:

This is the funniest post in the game

567230faa19ec889fad5613630597049.svg

29. [1:38 PM]humonity:

Everyone talking about a Miller in game completely justifies me making them gain it in Day 2.
    30. [3:58 PM]humonity:

“an abundance of vote modifiers or roles triggered upon death to make it more dynamic than day phases between a couple people (which has been reinforced by the zexy/jamie claims)as such, if the game might be heavily focused on Day Phases and might have restrictions of who to vote then roles like investigative ones become less likely or limited - what would the point of getting results if we can't follow up on them” (edited)
    31. [3:59 PM]humonity:

this is actually very on point - it is how the set up ended despite not being the initial intention
    32. [8:46 PM]humonity:

"Zexy - IV (Zexy, DawningWinds, RavenRaziel98, JamieIsBored)ExLight - III (Jinjo, Mint Elv, ExLight)"
    33. [8:46 PM]humonity:

tfw the top wagons are voting themselves
    34. [9:36 PM]Calvin ッ:

That's not how I saw that day phase going tbh

1904291ab1aa5d14b2adaaff23a578dd.svg

35. [9:47 PM]humonity:

i had a whole ft of zexy’s character death at the ready
    36. August 18, 2023
    37. [8:49 PM]humonity:

holy fuck
    38. [8:49 PM]humonity:

i am processing the night actions now
    39. [8:49 PM]humonity:

minish has her tracker on jinjo (edited)
    40. [8:49 PM]humonity:

jinjo is targeting exlight

41. [8:49 PM]humonity:

exlight is going to be vanillized
    42. [8:49 PM]humonity:

jinjo is going to be no. 1 suspect for vanillizing exlight

43. [8:49 PM]humonity:

LMAO
    44. [8:50 PM]humonity:

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS SCENARIO COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN
    45. [9:11 PM]Calvin ッ:

fd077d826b040d6c8b895de3b7585c25.svg
    46. [9:12 PM]Calvin ッ:

I did not expect so many 1-shots to be used N1
    47. [9:12 PM]Calvin ッ:

This is gonna make for a hella fun scenario lmao

48. [9:13 PM]humonity:

OH YES

49. [9:13 PM]Calvin ッ:

"You are now a miller""oh wait nvm ur not"

50. [9:13 PM]humonity:

AHAHHAA
    51. [9:25 PM]Calvin ッ:

Just wanted to say I think you've captured the politicalness of the theme really well with your roles
    52. [9:26 PM]humonity:

thank you
    53. [9:40 PM]humonity:

the roles were designed around everything being tightly knit like the plot of the movie
    54. [9:40 PM]humonity:

no cop or doctor to prevents auto clears by bulba meta
    55. [9:41 PM]humonity:

they are a bit different
    56. [9:41 PM]humonity:

the bulba meta is to claim miller day 1
    57. [9:41 PM]humonity:

so i made miller hidden and revealed to the owner in day 2
    58. [10:00 PM]humonity:

hmm
    59. [10:00 PM]humonity:

if space claims the report
    60. [10:00 PM]humonity:

and jinjo is lynched
    61. [10:01 PM]humonity:

space might get sussed for it kind of conflicting with publicizer
    62. [10:01 PM]humonity:

i already knew this is possible but this has to do with the similarities of everyone's roles kind of meshing
    63. [10:02 PM]humonity:

"would HD make Mafia have a similar role to a Townie, but is weaker and more flavor like?"
    64. [10:03 PM]humonity:

technically space could have just written in the report "Everyone who did not vote yesterday is Town."
    65. [10:03 PM]humonity:

and nobody would be the wiser
    66. [10:03 PM]Calvin ッ:

Yeah I was gonna say the reporter usage was a bit off aha
    67. [10:03 PM]humonity:

but with jinjo flipping town that would be more sus
    68. [10:04 PM]humonity:

Maniacal Engineer sent a report to Mint Elv saying I was Mafia
    69. [10:05 PM]humonity:

and the whole day was me telling Mint Elv that the message is obviously suspicious and the fact that she is not questioning it is shows a lack of skill from her end
    70. [10:05 PM]humonity:

we did not even get the player who sent the message to her to claim and i still got lynched
    71. [10:07 PM]humonity:

space getting lynched after jinjo (if she gets lynched) means jamieisbored is also dead

ddea4500a252f80cbf6d6c92db15178e.svg

72. [10:08 PM]Calvin ッ:

Sorry but that scenario with you and mido is hilarious
    73. [10:08 PM]Calvin ッ:

just a lack in thinking for a few moments haha

74. [10:09 PM]humonity:

yeah i told her i was town the entire time and she would just not have it

75. humonity
      space getting lynched after jinjo (if she gets lynched) means jamieisbored is also dead

[10:09 PM]humonity:

because gifter will show up in space's role pm, and it matches with jamie's

76. [10:09 PM]humonity:

so jamie will be suspect number 1
    77. [10:11 PM]humonity:

i have to laugh at how like
    78. [10:11 PM]humonity:

no one is mentioning zinnlav at all
    79. [10:11 PM]humonity:

nothing about her role
    80. [10:11 PM]humonity:

nothing about her thoughts or contributions

81. [10:11 PM]humonity:

no RIP ZinnLav
    82. [10:34 PM]humonity:

if jamie dies first

83. [10:34 PM]humonity:

space might be thought of clear
    84. [10:35 PM]humonity:

based on the report being used as well
    85. [10:35 PM]humonity:

people would go like

86. [10:35 PM]humonity:

"would space really have reporter and gifter, and would she even be able to use both on the same phase?"

87. [10:40 PM]humonity:

"My role also has to do with delaying death so I’m taking him as a counter claim and calling BS."
    88. [10:40 PM]humonity:

HAHAHA
    89. [10:41 PM]humonity:

another psuedo counterclaim i planned
    90. [10:42 PM]humonity:

i mean
    91. [10:42 PM]humonity:

there is no doctor
    92. [10:46 PM]humonity:

oof this is going too sweet
    93. [10:47 PM]humonity:

it will be interesting to see what people make of the vanillizer
    94. [10:47 PM]humonity:

they would not attach it to either space or jamie because of their claims
    95. [10:48 PM]humonity:

so they might actually be safe
    96. [10:48 PM]humonity:

through PoE Dawning might really be the lynch here
    97. [10:48 PM]humonity:

and if he is lynched, the phase will be skipped
    98. [10:48 PM]humonity:

and jinjo's role will be proven
    99. [10:48 PM]humonity:

further complicating many things

100. [10:49 PM]humonity:

see this is why i made mint elv's role completely hidden - to prevent a self clear
    101. [10:49 PM]humonity:

i wonder if anyone will make the connection that mint elv's is hidden and the gifter's is not
    102. [10:50 PM]humonity:

despite commodus being a godfather, his 1x gift may actually be a bigger godfather than the godfather role itself
    103. [10:50 PM]humonity:

though godfather was mostly designed to be the moon to maximus's sun in how they both switch how they appear in alignment checks
    104. [10:51 PM]humonity:

it is art, like zexy said
    105. [10:52 PM]humonity:

"I was turned into a miller and then turned into a vanilla, in this order"
    106. [10:52 PM]humonity:

does exlight realize that this was actually a natural part of his role?
    107. [1:10 AM]humonity:

who the eff is the cop
    108. [1:10 AM]humonity:

miller in the game but jinjo is the only cop claim

109. humonity
      so many similar roles, but which are mafia

[1:11 AM]humonity:

this overlap was noted but i liked it because I calculated it could cause this drama
    110. [1:11 AM]humonity:

even mido goes after exlight because of their death delaying roles (which is fair)
    111. [1:12 AM]humonity:

if zexy completely forgot about roles his top two scum reads would be Space and Jamieisbored
    112. [1:12 AM]humonity:

or somewhere in the bottom

113. humonity
      this overlap was noted but i liked it because I calculated it could cause this drama

[1:13 AM]humonity:

“Too much confusion for town” well maybe you shouldn’t have claimed so much in Day 1 and even Night 1 :p
    114. [1:14 AM]humonity:

though obviously it wouldn’t be so bad if not for the unfortunate track
    115. [1:14 AM]humonity:

I still have hope for town to lynch dawning anyway
    116. [1:17 AM]humonity:

“Oh fuck I super missed Min saying who she tracked yikes.” omg dawning winds put up the idea of lynching him without knowing that Jinjo targeted ExLight and ExLight claimed to be Vanillized and Framed!!
    117. [1:20 AM]humonity:

1x Deathproof, Beloved and Innocent are I think the best roles to vanillize so 3/8 odds really if a no lynch happens day 1 which is rare which would be 3/7 with a lynch on town in day 1
    118. [1:24 AM]humonity:

It’s so beautiful that Jinjo and Mint Elv are on the same side because both of their roles are not!Cop and not!Doctor respectively
    119. [1:25 AM]humonity:

and they were designed to work in parallel as well
    120. [1:26 AM]humonity:

In the case the Publicizer is targeted to be killed in the following night, the Death Delay would delay their death and make check public
    121. [1:55 AM]humonity:

hmm yeah exlight is probably knowingly lying about his miller being something he was framed into
    122. [1:55 AM]humonity:

it just sounds so scummy to say you are a miller now in day 2
    123. [1:55 AM]humonity:

which is… completely the purpose of the miller role
    124. [1:59 AM]humonity:

“I think Milleriser is probably Jinjo, I am aware of who vanilliser is and they are heavily town. If Ex wants me to, I can reveal who they are.”
    125. [1:59 AM]humonity:

The fuck
    126. [2:00 AM]humonity:

Wtff
    127. [2:00 AM]humonity:

Omgg noo
    128. [2:00 AM]Calvin ッ:

How many times has this game been turned upside down within the last 24 hours LOL
    129. [2:00 AM]humonity:

i don’t understand lol
    130. [2:00 AM]humonity:

At this point jamie is having his fun
    131. [2:01 AM]humonity:

Even if he loses the experience should be worth it
    132. [2:01 AM]humonity:

“No, please don’t do this to me Zexy. Allow your paranoia to be ignored for a round at least.”
    133. [2:01 AM]humonity:

omg what is with this text
    134. [2:01 AM]humonity:

It sounds
    135. [2:01 AM]humonity:

SO FAKE
    136. [2:02 AM]humonity:

AND I ADMIT I AM BIASED BUT JAMIE WAS DOING SO WELL
    137. [2:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

Yeah such an unnecessary message to bottle it hahaha
    138. [2:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

I thought he had it, then Dawning came in and I thought town had it, then I thought mafia had it again
    139. [2:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

Now i think mafia just butchered it lmao
    140. [2:02 AM]humonity:

i can’t sleep
    141. [2:02 AM]humonity:

It is 2 am
    142. [2:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

143. [2:03 AM]humonity:

This is too engaging

144. Calvin ッ
      Now i think mafia just butchered it lmao

[2:03 AM]humonity:

We will see
    145. [2:03 AM]humonity:

I like putting off the wall theories as mafia
    146. [2:03 AM]humonity:

To come off as town
    147. [7:33 AM]humonity:

“@Space I just gave you a massive way to fully claim, you can claim reporter and 1x vote gifter if Ex doesn’t believe it was scum who gave him the gift.”
    148. [7:34 AM]humonity:

This will conflict with reporter hmm
    149. [7:35 AM]humonity:

I don’t really like this plan of jamie, I will need some arguments on the overall benefit of it
    150. [10:02 AM]humonity:

space claimed
    151. [10:02 AM]humonity:

Hmm
    152. [10:02 AM]humonity:

I dunno i got a bad feeling about this scoob
    153. [1:50 PM]humonity:

“ExLightSpaceRavenJamieMinishDawningWindsJinjoZexyMint”
    154. [1:50 PM]humonity:

Exlight is too high up on ExLight’s read list
    155. August 20, 2023
    156. [12:13 AM]humonity:

Damn the anti-innocent child role would have been insane
    157. [12:15 AM]humonity:

Maybe i should have given space a framer and publicizer instead of reporter lol
    158. [12:17 AM]humonity:

reporter has more potential for chaos if used right on the text
    159. [12:19 AM]humonity:

Hmmhmhmm
    160. [1:05 AM]humonity:

“heavily relying on RNG roles”
    161. [1:06 AM]humonity:

What are the rng roles
    162. [1:07 AM]humonity:

i designed the game in a way to not include rng at all except for role and player picks
    163. [1:08 AM]humonity:

“to be fair it would've been hell with all those vote modifiers lol”
    164. [1:09 AM]humonity:

hammer is obligatory come day 4
    165. [1:09 AM]humonity:

no way to cancel it
    166. [1:09 AM]humonity:

Day 3 i will open up the option of shortening the day phase by 24 hours via vote
    167. [1:11 AM]humonity:

day 5, if we ever reach it, is going to be hammer and once you vote, you can not unvote
    168. [1:12 AM]humonity:

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...he-emperors-mercy.298132/page-57#post-7582486

Bulbagarden
      Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - Day 2 - The Emperor's Mercy
      This doesn't feel like playing mafia anymore and instead it feels like I'm playing town of salem having to argue so much about roles and mechanics just like what they do in town of salem.
    169. [1:13 AM]humonity:

in-thread play should be what mafia is about
    170. [1:13 AM]humonity:

if there are these reactions then my game set up has succeeded
    171. [1:14 AM]humonity:

Zexy was literally on JamieIsBored Day 1 and Space Night 1

172. @humonity

[1:19 AM]Calvin ッ:

odd post
    173. [1:19 AM]Calvin ッ:

thats exactly what it should be lmao
    174. [1:19 AM]Calvin ッ:

ill have to catchup to your messages after this quest
      10f25947b6687b5b103e131ca82826ab.svg

175. Calvin ッ
      thats exactly what it should be lmao

[1:26 AM]humonity:

people not host metaing enough that this was the end goal with the similar claims
    176. [1:27 AM]humonity:

i am surprised that jamie went full on with the vanillizer
    177. [1:27 AM]humonity:

And space with her gift and reporter
    178. [9:01 AM]Calvin ッ:

im ngl mate your game has made me really want to play mafia again, and i've had no want to touch the game in like 5+ years ahahaha

179. [9:01 AM]Calvin ッ:

Besides hosting that's kinda my gimmick i guess lol
    180. [9:02 AM]Calvin ッ:

I don't think I could deal with some of the players though
    181. [10:10 AM]humonity:

thank you so much
      aeb86343db64360cf19cd66eae4eb792.svg
    182. [10:12 AM]humonity:

this game reminded me of how good hosting is
    183. [10:12 AM]humonity:

i think the activity might be a bit overboard
    184. [10:12 AM]Calvin ッ:

ye the activity is crazy
    185. [10:13 AM]Calvin ッ:

but thats probably a good thing really tho
    186. [10:13 AM]humonity:

i think it’s the intrigue

187. [10:13 AM]Calvin ッ:

wouldn't have had a flip flop town earlier without the activity really
    188. [10:13 AM]humonity:

the town does not even know who their character is

189. humonity
      What are the rng roles

[11:53 AM]humonity:

oh right jamie's claim lmao
    190. [9:04 PM]humonity:

It’s day 3
    191. [9:04 PM]humonity:

And anything can happen
    192. [9:04 PM]humonity:

Day 3 and only 2 people dead out of 10
      b45af785b0e648fe2fb7e318a6b8010c.svg
    193. [9:23 PM]humonity:

“Ah shit, I just re-read this. So I can‘t potentially save someone tonight.”
    194. [9:23 PM]humonity:

jamie, you wouldn’t be able to save anyone anyway because all roles are vanillized until the end of night 3
    195. [9:33 PM]humonity:

Votes on mint elv damn
    196. [9:33 PM]humonity:

Exlight really holding the grudge strong
    197. [9:33 PM]humonity:

Well I actually do see his pov
    198. [9:34 PM]humonity:

Mint Elv has a battle but I think in the end her vote will go to either Space or Jamie
    199. [9:35 PM]humonity:

“I'll be assuming a PoE among Minish/ Jinjo/ Mint/ Zexy. I believe Jinjo/Minish, Jinjo/Zexy, and Mint/Zexy are unlikely to be a team.”
    200. [9:36 PM]humonity:

damn even mint is in the PoE
    201. [9:36 PM]humonity:

this is the start of day so exlight is unlikely to hold these same opinions
    202. [9:37 PM]humonity:

I think Mint Elv / Zexy / Exlight will have a vote on mafia at some point
    203. [9:38 PM]humonity:

People are assuming Mint Elv is a Poisoner… and… I did not think of this as a possible interpretation of her claim at all
    204. [9:47 PM]humonity:

Poisoner actually makes sense in the game because it’s something Commodus does
    205. [11:03 PM]humonity:

“I hate how awfully calm Raven is” - ExLightI like Raven’s attitude
    206. August 21, 2023
    207. [3:04 AM]Calvin ッ:

Agreed, in a game where we have some personal vendetta going on we just have Raven whose kinda chilling
    208. [3:04 AM]Calvin ッ:

Jamie playing a good game imo
    209. [3:05 AM]Calvin ッ:

Even though I thought he shot himself in the foot earlier, hes a town read for most of the players

210. @humonity
      Exlight really holding the grudge strong

[3:05 AM]Calvin ッ:

Sounds like Ex ahahaha

211. @humonity
      this is the start of day so exlight is unlikely to hold these same opinions

[3:06 AM]Calvin ッ:

Town will flip flop, as they have about a million times this game lol!

212. @humonity
      People are assuming Mint Elv is a Poisoner… and… I did not think of this as a possible interpretation of her claim at all

[3:06 AM]Calvin ッ:

That would make a bit of sense aswell though, given the theme / era I suppose if you can call it that
    213. [8:36 AM]humonity:

“I honestly just find it weirder how it doesn't track kills but maybe HD saw how things went in the last game when I spotted scum and wanted to avoid something similar? lol”
    214. [8:37 AM]humonity:

publicizer, innocent child, and tracker that tracks kills? Naaah
    215. [8:40 AM]humonity:

“Scum with a 1x double vote is busted already, I don't think HumanDawn misses the spot this badly when making the setup” - exlight
    216. [8:41 AM]humonity:

It was meant to counter the 1x gift if it were to be used on Tigris (scum) that make them have -1 vote
    217. [8:42 AM]humonity:

Annnd also for the late game to save Town from losing (edited)
    218. [8:43 AM]humonity:

Mafia wins when there is no chance for Town to counter them
    219. [8:46 AM]humonity:

“I’d be shocked if Jamie is mafia. If he is then he deserves the win. He’s played well outside of the whole lying about his role thing.” - mint elv
    220. [8:46 AM]humonity:

muchos agreed
    221. [6:16 PM]Calvin ッ:

"I have already said how letters in the middle of the arena feel like more Emperor Commodus stuff over good guy Maximus"
    222. [6:17 PM]Calvin ッ:

hmmmm
    223. [6:21 PM]humonity:

I didn’t know that only the Emperor in Rome knew how to write in 180 AD…
    224. [6:21 PM]humonity:

(setting is fictional of course but come on)
    225. [6:55 PM]humonity:

“Also with how vote-centric the entire game is and knowing I am the town secret, I think scum has more use for the double vote. “
    226. [6:55 PM]humonity:

but it is not space with the gift that gives -1 to votes
    227. [6:55 PM]humonity:

If raven is lynched i will get to make an epic ft title
    228. [7:42 PM]humonity:

“I admit that I'm a little off atm, I don't know what's wrong with me myself - I mean, I get what's wrong with my play style, but I don't know what's wrong with my head atm. The fact that there is so little mechanical investigation involved and the general lack of the traditional roles and night actions that I'm used to is probably not helping it either.”
    229. [7:42 PM]humonity:

good you learn
    230. [9:20 PM]humonity:

hagen dies
    231. [9:20 PM]humonity:

Häagen-Dazs

232. [9:20 PM]humonity:

huehuhehuehueheuheuehehuehue
    233. [10:55 PM]humonity:

"Great they get to join the crap show :ROFLMAO:"
    234. [10:55 PM]humonity:

well mido
    235. [10:55 PM]humonity:

exlight is cleared
    236. [10:55 PM]humonity:

jinjo is the cop role of the game
    237. [10:56 PM]humonity:

minish is confirmed tracker - what benefit does scum need tracker for?
    238. [10:59 PM]humonity:

gifter can at least be used on scum for -1
    239. [10:59 PM]humonity:

vannilizer helps mafia destroy op roles until the vanillizer dies (edited)
    240. [11:51 PM]humonity:

the ff
    241. [11:51 PM]humonity:

is exlight legit believing he is millerized
    242. [11:51 PM]humonity:

i have a feeling argonne might actually be nk'd tonight
    243. [11:53 PM]humonity:

do people think the publicizer is that strong?
    244. [11:54 PM]humonity:

it has a delay to it, the vote of the caster is nerfed
    245. [11:54 PM]humonity:

and the caster must survive 2 nights and 1 day
    246. [11:54 PM]humonity:

that's two potential nightkills of either the caster or the person chosen to check to die
    247. [11:55 PM]humonity:

death delayer and beloved were meant to help it, with beloved also nerfing everyone else for a while
    248. August 22, 2023
    249. [12:19 AM]humonity:

“Zexy and Mido are blatantly scummy in my opinion and I'd prefer to lynch them starting with Mido.”
    250. [12:19 AM]humonity:

exliiight
    251. [12:20 AM]humonity:

tbf i can see the zexy scummy stuff
    252. [12:23 AM]humonity:

“Space, Mido, and Jamie are never the players who millerfied me because they all used actions that proved their roles, unless there were major shenanigans here. So whoever did it to me has to be either Zexy or Mint Elv.”
    253. [12:23 AM]humonity:

Oh my god i cant watch
    254. [12:23 AM]humonity:

No wonder Jamie is against killing Exlight
    255. [12:33 AM]humonity:

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/inde...ight-3-hagen-dies.298132/page-78#post-7584040

Bulbagarden
      Gladiator (2000 film) Mafia - Night 3 - Hagen Dies
      I publicize someone's alignment but it only happens if I'm alive the next phase after its used so ExLights alignment should've been publicly available today.I make ICs cause I'm cool like thatmkay, yea I'm publicly known to be town by nowthere's some discussion on whether or not your role...

256. [12:34 AM]humonity:

So close exlight
    257. [12:34 AM]humonity:

I like how calm exlight is in this post
    258. [12:35 AM]humonity:

I feel like he finally has someone who is willing to listen to him without judgement
    259. [7:13 PM]humonity:

“The problem with Space is that almost everyone at some point was like "I would not mind lynching Space" but no one ever VOTED for Space. Me included :(
    260. [7:14 PM]humonity:

yes zexy because i made space’s role an ultra godfather
    261. [7:15 PM]humonity:

Space flipping as reporter would kind of clear argonne even more
    262. [7:15 PM]humonity:

I made the roles similar, but not the mafia’s
    263. [7:15 PM]humonity:

That would be a tad much
    264. [9:10 PM]humonity:

“Hammer counts your in-thread vote, not your secret vote.Secret vote counts outside of hammer.”
    265. [9:10 PM]Calvin ッ:

gotta catchup to your messages again
    266. [9:10 PM]Calvin ッ:

what are you doing to me HD
    267. [9:10 PM]Calvin ッ:

D:
    268. [9:13 PM]humonity:

? I dont understand

269. humonity
      “Hammer counts your in-thread vote, not your secret vote. Secret vote counts outside of hammer.”

[9:13 PM]humonity:

Of course I wouldn’t let secret vote be provable :p

270. @humonity
      ? I dont understand

[9:13 PM]Calvin ッ:

gotta catchup like 30 messages aha
      10f25947b6687b5b103e131ca82826ab.svg

271. [9:15 PM]humonity:

“Why have a Deathproof and also someone giving Bulletproof?”
    272. [9:15 PM]humonity:

Why have Deathproof, Death Delayer and Bulletproof? :p
    273. [9:16 PM]humonity:

Then again, why have 1x Tracker, 1x Delayed Public Cop , and 1x Innocent Child
    274. [9:21 PM]humonity:

“My role is so obviously a counter to the milleriser.”
    275. [9:22 PM]humonity:

Assuming there is one then the Beloved would be the counter
    276. [10:05 PM]humonity:

Best play for Day 4 might be to let Jamie proce his BP role and Mint Elv to use her Death Delayer - No Lynch it.
    277. [11:34 PM]humonity:

“It would make me read Space more town, and get rid of a Bulletproofizer before he gets to give out the BPV, but honestly atm I think it is Space/Jamie”
    278. [11:34 PM]humonity:

Finally
    279. [11:34 PM]humonity:

I wonder if Exlight will say anything about his role now
    280. [11:49 PM]humonity:

“I'll probably end up voting Zexy”
    281. [11:50 PM]humonity:

Exlight with the bait for space to vote zexy
    282. August 23, 2023
    283. [8:30 AM]humonity:

damn, mafia won lol
    284. [8:31 AM]Calvin ッ:

oh wait
    285. [8:31 AM]Calvin ッ:

that hammer makes it equal?
    286. [8:31 AM]humonity:

after a nightkill yes
    287. [8:31 AM]Calvin ッ:

oh ye im an idiot
    288. [8:31 AM]Calvin ッ:

I thought you meant like right this second
    289. [8:31 AM]humonity:

only possible delay is from mint elv's role

290. [8:31 AM]humonity:

which scum knows about
    291. [8:32 AM]humonity:

but even if they delay and one of their own is lynched next phase
    292. [8:32 AM]humonity:

the town player would eventually down
    293. [8:32 AM]Calvin ッ:

Don't know if she'll target the right person though
    294. [8:32 AM]humonity:

it won't matter because even if she does the mafia will realize
    295. [8:33 AM]humonity:

and if one of their own dies, the death delayed person would die on n5 anyway
    296. [8:33 AM]Calvin ッ:

yea thats true
    297. [8:33 AM]humonity:

and the mafia would choose someone else
    298. [8:33 AM]Calvin ッ:

Jamie has played a decent game
    299. [8:33 AM]humonity:

if mint elv did not claim i would extend the game
    300. [8:33 AM]humonity:

jamie played a great game
    301. [8:33 AM]humonity:

but town played a not so great game tbh

302. [8:34 AM]Calvin ッ:

prolly best performance i've seen since coming back, granted thats like 3 games tho, and yeah town was off for sure

303. [8:34 AM]humonity:

yeah jamie was mega active

304. [8:35 AM]humonity:

and his gambit played off
    305. [8:35 AM]humonity:

i can't believe people did not connect his role with space's

306. [8:35 AM]Calvin ッ:

Really thought he shot himself in the foot during that whole scenario aswell, bc of that
    307. [8:36 AM]Calvin ッ:

Back when game was in a state of paranoia for like 24 hours

308. [8:36 AM]Calvin ッ:

Well, that's been the whole game tbf

309. [8:38 AM]humonity:

he got very lucky because of one particular thing though

310. [8:38 AM]humonity:

2e41bfdeba797283ee9da9bb439c3ece.svg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.