• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. And quite a lot has been discovered.
Have been fiddling around with the 'Script' file someone extracted from the games.

There are a few notable things of interest, some tested to be true, and some yet to be seen what they do. Keep in mind that most are from dialogues only, so exactly how they manifest I have no idea:

1) You get the Ragecandy Bar from a man outside its GSC shop, but you only get one and it is a Key Item now. Bring it to underground tunnel that connects Cerulean and Vermillion, give it to the man there and he'll exchange TM 64 (Explosion) to you. (Tested and true)

2) After you've obtained the Hoenn starters from Steven, somehow he will end up in the Silph Co. building again. This time, he is there to trade you his Beldum at Lvl 5, which holds a Dawn Stone. You trade him a Forretress. He's disappeared from the Pewter Museum now, but I can't be sure which triggers which, coz I didn't save between the points and couldn't backtrack. (Tested and true, in-game, but uncertain trigger point)

3) The other Lati is supposed to appear in the game as well, but it remains unconfirmed whether it is in-game, or event. Apparently, there is a new Key Item called the Enigma Crystal, described to me something unearthed from underground. You bring it to the Pewter Museum guy who revives your fossils, and he will soon uncover it to be the Soul Dew. Steven will appear, remarking that the Soul Dew is an incarnation of the souls of Latios and Latias, which has the power to summon them.

As you leave Pewter, apparently, the other Lati will show up in a rage to challenge you (for snatching its Soul Dew perhaps?). This is your chance to capture it I suppose. (Untested)

4) Another key item is known as the Rock Capsule, and according to the description, it is 'A tough capsule that must be opened with a special key'. This time seems to be received via Wireless, Wifi, but what exactly it does remains unknown. Perhaps it will contain the Enigma Crystal described above? There are no new key-like items, so I wonder what that special key is.

5) The Slowpoketail is also seen in the item list as a Key Item, but its description is the same as GSC, an item to be sold at the shops for a high price. According to the Script, you're supposed to get it on Route 32, but I haven't been able to find anyone that gives you that.

6) The script for Rotom using the electrical appliances are programmed into the Script, and from the existence of the special Rotom overworlds, it is likely not leftover data from DPPt but that the Secret Key will make a return (event? in-game?).

Judging from its location in the Script, it should be at the Silph Co., on that big wall in the lobby. There are lines that mention the elevator being powered up again thanks to Rotom, which likely refers to that elevator which is under construction on the left. Not sure if this really grants you access to the higher Silph floors.

7) Some interesting scripts that confirms NEP's background when you bring it to Elm. He will mention about Oak's talk at the Pokemon Association pertaining to Celebi to time-travelling, and that NEP seems to prove this theory correct. NEP has apparently arrived in our time after time-travelling with Celebi, which is why it cannot be given to others and the player must take good care of it. It is also unable to evolve because it is time-travelled for too long with Celebi, and its body is now stuck in its current state permanently. Elm will also mention that he will notify the ladies working at the PokemonCenters not to let NEP be registered via the game-to-game functions, heh. Somehow, a similar 'NEP cannot be registered' line also appears at the Safari Zone, but I haven't had time to test what that means yet. Perhaps it's the wireless Safari part.

Edit: So, it seems there aren't too many new mysteries (some unsolved, but at least not new) about HGSS from the coding and Script. The only mysterious Key Item is the Rock Capsule, as we pretty much know what the Enigma Crystal does, whether it's event or not. Slowpoketail might be axed in the last minute coz it seems to be for nostalgia alone. Lt. Surge's trade is more or less a bonus thing that doesn't affect game-play, and it's only time before we find out whether Rotom's Secret Key makes an in-game or event return.

No signs of other hidden plots / items / formes at this point. From what we see, there are no in-game events for Mew, Celebi or Deoxys. No signs that the event Darkrai, Regigigas are going to trigger anything. A bit disappointing given the high expectations, but I guess we just expected too much.

P.S. Lt. Surge is supposed to trade you an English Pikachu too, but I'll let Serebii figure out how to get Lt. Surge's number first.

Coronis~
And the courses in the walker:
Again just from the scripts, so I don't have the details apart from words.

On the Pokewalker locations:

1) Refreshing Field
2) Noisy Forest
3) Rugged Path
4) Pretty Seaside
5) Residential Area
6) Dark Cave
7) Blue Lake
8) Town Edge

9) Hoenn Field - This course is able to travel to the faraway Hoenn region starting from here. You can meet Pokemon you don't find in Kanto and Johto.
10) Warm Beach - A very hot beach somewhere in Hoenn. You meet Pokemon not found in Kanto and Johto.
11) Volcano Route - A route leading to a volcano that is still active. Very hot rare Pokemon live here.
12) Tree House - A path that stays close to nature with its forest trees. As always, you meet slightly different Pokemon.
13) Scary Cave - A pitch dark cave where distant sounds are heard inside. A lot of Pokemon live here.

14) Sinnoh Field - A path that travels to Sinnoh, a faraway region from Kanto and Johto. Rare Pokemon live here.
15) Cold Mountainpath
16) Big Forest
17) White Lake
18) Rough Sea
19) Resort Area
20) Quiet Cave
21) Beyond the Sea

22) Evening Sky (activated by Jirachi)
23) Yellow Forest (WiFi event)

24) Event
25) Purchase
26) Champ Path
27) Amity Field

Locations 1-8 are in Kanto and Johto. 9-13 enters the Hoenn region while 14-21 are those in Sinnoh. 22-23 are known event-triggered, while 24-27 remains unknown.

Note that the Dark Cave and Resort Area are not of the exact name as their in-game counterparts in Japanese, but I couldn't find better names for them for now.

Edit: Running out of time now. Will supplement the descriptions when I have more time.

Coronis~
Oh and the Rotom info:

Wish we knew what that book in the Rotom room says (Seeing as I doubt it's Charon's diary from Platinum)

HOENN IS INNNNN! Lol.
Die, fanboys who predicted this.

Awww, you only get one RagecandyBar? And you have to get rid of it. :/ ah well.... better than none I guess. Does it have an actual use?
Ragecandybars are a rare luxury in today's world, not available since GSC. Meh.

HOENN IS INNNNN! Lol.
Die, fanboys who predicted this.

Awww, you only get one RagecandyBar? And you have to get rid of it. :/ ah well.... better than none I guess. Does it have an actual use?
Ragecandybars are a rare luxury in today's world, not available since GSC. Meh.

Seems it's only use is to get TM 64.

Lol Serebii posted a pic of an oddish next to his mow rotom.

rotomoddish.png

I imageshacked it for you.

rotomoddish.png

I imageshacked it for you.

What's that weird yellow thing away from the Rotom and Oddish, it's near the road. Is that even a Pokemon, I can't make heads or tails of what Pokemon it is. If it is a Pokemon.

Edit: Never mind it's a Meowth. Holy crap I was looking at it wrong.

thanks Mitchman. Aw man, I'm going to show that to the guys at lunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom