• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Guess the Google Map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google46.jpg

Location is southern Asia. The city is in the world's largest democracy and is famous for an accident.

Well, it's been four days.

Evil Figment guessed it: Bhopal, India. Site of the Union Carbide industrial accident in 1984.

Next!

...what?

Sorry I didn't get back to this earlier, I wasn't aware that I had actually posted a guess (as opposed to mentioning the answer to Barb in private discussion) in the thread.

Anyway. Recently relevant location, North America.

attachment.php

Buckingham Fountain, Chicago.

Though, I haven't been keeping in the news lately. What's the relevancy?

Also, that pic was taken at quite an interesting time. I wonder why there's a symmetrical gap there in the lake and all those boats are aligned in some grid format.

Quoth the Wiki:

"Buckingham Fountain is a Chicago landmark located at Columbus Drive and Congress Parkway in Grant Park."

Grant Park (Which is the answer I had in mind, but I'll take Buckingham Fountain), of course, hosted a crowd in the hundreds of thousands (240 000) just over ten days ago. Something to do, I understand, with a victory speech taking place there...

Last edited:
Ah, Obama, right.

I thought the news was something involving the actual fountain, but yes I see your connection now.

And on to another, quasi-related matter:
You betcha it's in North America ;D
akqn4.png

Last edited:
Awww, c'mon, people.

It should be an easy one. :-D It's a quasi-related picture!

Gah. Okay then.

Even though you can't see Russia in the picture, it's Wasilla, Alaska.

And I proclaim open season on posting the next picture. Whoever wants to do so, well, have fun.

Go for it. Damian nabs it and runs away with map in hand yet again. :rolleyes:

I guess I let time slip a bit longer than I should have on the clue, but I've been preoccupied with projects so that's why I haven't been around as much lately. Come mid-December I should be around more regularly once again.

We already did that one ;-)

You're supposed to tell us the continent, btw ;-)

I hazard to guess this is Tokyo's central ward business district?

Chūō, Tokyo in the Nihonbashi business district.

yea, I figured out it was the wrong nipponbashi (I meant the one in Osaka). But you got it right.

Now that all the busyness has subsided, I've got one.

North America, and the object in the water is what I'm looking for.
adamofsortsun5.png

No one's biting? Clue time I suppose.

This may give it all away, but it's one of the largest producers of hydroelectric power in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom