• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hardest Noble Pokemon

Which Noble Pokemon did you find the hardest to deal with the FIRST time you faught it?

• Total voters
I personally found arcanine the toughest to defeat. Going back and fighting it again now is a lot easier for me but that first fight against him was really challenging. The hardest battle for me wasn't a noble however it was Palkia. I'm guessing the dialga/palkia fight at the end was the toughest for most people but I can't be sure. Maybe others breezed through the fight.

The hardest noble for me was Avalugg, with Electrode coming at a close second. The reason why Avalugg won out for a tiny bit more was due to the fact that it throws all of its attack methods at you on its last phase at once.

Electrode! Arceus why! As if I didn't hate Electrode enough!

Arcanine's s close second with its stupid arena and I actually found Avalugg to be kind of fun and it's the first time we've actually seen a Pokemon of that scale (I mean, we have big Pokémon but none that we've seen the true size of in game).

Arcanine, solely because the arena shape made it 50 times tougher than it had any right being. The other four were done first try without any particularly scary moments. Electrode and Avalugg especially turned out to be very easy for me if I'll be honest.

Without a doubt it would be Arcanine for me. The speed it has is ridiculously fast, along with the arena being so small that he would trap me after a attack and just evaporate my last 3rd hitpoint by standing on top of me. He was also one of 3 pokemon battles that somehow failed to let me send out a pokemon...ie the prompt for sending one out didn't show.

I would technically add Heatran, as a honourable mention. Before the daybreak update i had terrible luck taking balls off the ground (You only get one for each object) and Heatran kept killing me. But if you have the new update and finish Mai's Massive Mass Outbreaks and after the Highland... Adaman shows up and gives you 100 Mudballs? Perfect to handle Heatran with.

I personally found arcanine the toughest to defeat. Going back and fighting it again now is a lot easier for me but that first fight against him was really challenging. The hardest battle for me wasn't a noble however it was Palkia. I'm guessing the dialga/palkia fight at the end was the toughest for most people but I can't be sure. Maybe others breezed through the fight.
Dialga was honestly really easy for me. Especially compared to Avalugg or Arcanine.

Dialga was honestly really easy for me. Especially compared to Avalugg or Arcanine.

Agreed. Origin Dialga and Origin Palkia were rather anticlimatic, if you ask me. They rarely move, the arena is huge, their attacks are telegraphed a mile away, and they've got a really easy to read attack pattern. I beat Origin Dialga in my main playthrough without even battling it, just by throwing balms alone. Compared to Avalugg, where I actually needed a few attempts to beat it, Origin Dialga was cakewalk. Compared to something like Heatran in the post-game, which was a lot more challenging, the final boss of the main game was rather weak for a deity.

Agreed. Origin Dialga and Origin Palkia were rather anticlimatic, if you ask me. They rarely move, the arena is huge, their attacks are telegraphed a mile away, and they've got a really easy to read attack pattern. I beat Origin Dialga in my main playthrough without even battling it, just by throwing balms alone. Compared to Avalugg, where I actually needed a few attempts to beat it, Origin Dialga was cakewalk. Compared to something like Heatran in the post-game, which was a lot more challenging, the final boss of the main game was rather weak for a deity.
This was my situation as well, Dialga had such an easy attack pattern and half the time you could stand still, throw a ton of balms, and then just move two steps to the right. I found it much quicker to just hurl balms at it than fight it at that point and honestly it probably was. Heatran beat me into dust the first time because I had never really used the stunning items before that and couldn't understand that I had to pick up and use the mud balls around it

Arcanine for me, with Avalugg being second. The rest, even if I struggled more than needed due to impatience, I knew what I was doing wrong and it was always my fault. For Arcanine, it legitimately seemed Impossible to clear his "final phase" for a minute there, because the middle was used up and unsafe, you can't dodge from one edge piece directly to another, and hiding in the corner on the same edge piece he's on is only minimally effective, you can and will still take damage doing that. I got it by just not getting hit until that phase and tanking the hits I was taking while spamming balms like a madman, surely there's a better way, but that better way was definitely not immediately obvious to me. Avalugg my problem was just the homing icicle spears in the last phase, it seemed like if you just run you're not fast enough, but if you dodge one the next one hits you before you can recover and dodge again. Once again I got through just by being perfect until then and tanking the hits at the end but surely there's a trick there too.

I'm kinda used to dodging stuff since I play Phantasy Star Online 2. But Electrode was a total pain. So was Arcanine... until I found out the "undodgeable" shockwave stomp always landed in the same part of the arena.

I challenged myself (regrettably) to do the full reset each time I failed so Avalugg took me a long time. Arcanine is second.

I don't actually recall struggling with Electrode as much and I think I beat it on the first try. I don't know how I did it but it did throw me off given how it was in between two very hard bosses to me.

After several rematches with all of them, I can definitely confirm my thoughts that Arcanine is the most difficult and Electrode and Avalugg are in fact total jokes by comparison. Electrode in particular is the one I can most easily defeat without taking any damage, even way back on the first go. Didn't even need dodge rolls for some rounds. Just keep running near the edge and stay aware of your surroundings (i.e. Where the Voltorb land) and you'll get to the Pokémon battle segment very easily.

After several rematches with all of them, I can definitely confirm my thoughts that Arcanine is the most difficult and Electrode and Avalugg are in fact total jokes by comparison. Electrode in particular is the one I can most easily defeat without taking any damage, even way back on the first go. Didn't even need dodge rolls for some rounds. Just keep running near the edge and stay aware of your surroundings (i.e. Where the Voltorb land) and you'll get to the Pokémon battle segment very easily.
Just finished a second playthrough the other day and can confirm that the Electrode/Avalugg are no where near the challenge of the Arcanine Noble imo...

Arcanine and Avalugg gave me the most trouble, for sure. I think I died to Avalugg multiple times, and Arcanine once. Arcanine's charge attack caught me completely by surprise, plus there was limited room to dodge on that battlefield (as I'm sure everyone who's played it knows.) For Avalugg, it was mostly its projectile ice shards that gave me trouble, the ice breath wasn't too hard to dodge once I got the hang of it.

The hardest one for me was Avalugg because I couldn't get the freaking hitbox for him down, I just kept missing all my palms and sending out my own Pokemon, there's like a very specific spot on his nose where the impact of a balm/thrown pokeball registers to send him out and idk that screwed me up at the start of that encounter, later on I got the hang of it.

Also I know he's not technically a "Noble" but Arceus was insanely difficult but it demanded mechanical perfection so it was kinda fun to master the mechanics for that encounter.

Arcanine is the only one of the five that I had to attempt a second time.

I think I just had some difficulty figuring out the arena because it was really cramped. It felt like it was a bit less forgiving than the other four.

I'm ashamed to admit that actually struggled with most of these fights except Kleavor and Lilligant because I have really crappy reflexes XD, but Arcanine was definitely the hardest for me. Electrode and Avalugg were hard too, but the former I actually managed to beat first try, while the latter actually became rather easy easy once I got the hang of its attack patterns. Arcanine on the other hand just doesn't give you a lot to work with thanks to that horrible arena.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom