• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Has anyone actually used their Masterball(s)?

Used to use them on the box legend or a roaming legend but nowadays I usually just let them rot in my bag.

I never use them ever. It takes the fun out of catching Legendaries. I only used it in White 2 to catch a shiny Lapras I found that used Perish Song. Other than that, they just stay in my bag to rot.

I use them to catch fleeing Pokemon. However, when there are more than one in each game, it tends to be hard...

No I don't use them they just sit in my bag collecting dust for ages. I just feel like it takes away from the challenge of catching Legendaries and other Pokémon which is no fun.

I used one twice: one for Reshiram in Black and another for Cresselia in Black 2.

I actually used my first Masterball when fighting Reshiram. Maybe it was for how notable that was for me.
Let's just say I was in for a shocker when I realized that my friends used normal and Quickballs.

I always try to save mine for when I really need it, such as on one of the regional roaming legendaries or as a last resort for whatever reason. There are times when I end up not using it, though.

I never use them. I always think there will be another, better opportunity to use it. I think the last time I used a Master Ball was either Platinum or Pearl, when I was 8-ish. But now I'm much more....strategic-ish in Pokemon in how I catch Pokemon.

I used to never use them, but then I grew bored of chucking random Poké Balls at Legendaries and hoping to catch them; now I just speed play through any extra game, get the Master Ball, and send it over.

Nowadays I just keep them for when I encounter a shiny. (Which, so far, has only happened once.)
I somewhat enjoy hunting down the roamers so I don't mind using regular balls on them.

I think it's very important for a trainer to have a variety of ample, stable balls ready at the throw. So I believe if you have a masterball, well, use it on who you think deserves that ball. When it spills forth from your bag, and that masterball hatches before your opponent, who do you want materializing? That's all that matters to me.

I have a Landorus, and those damn roamers. I always use a masterball on some freaking roamer.

I only use the Masterball on the Roaming Legendary(/ies), because I'm too lazy to track them down each time.

I normally use them on roaming Pokemon, or Legendaries I just find too hard to catch. Though, I used it on Dialga in Diamond because I was sort of a noob and I only had one dying Pokemon left anyway, so it was kind of worth it.

I always tell myself to save it, I can get that running pokemon with a Quick Ball!!
And end up never using them.

Aside from a shiny Weezing in P2 Laboratory (which I only really did because the last few I battled kept using Explosion on me), not recently. I can catch nearly any Pokemon without it.

I never use it because I wind up feeling paranoid over whether I should use it or not. I usually never use it at all.

i used mine on a cute pidey why are people calling me stupid i caught mewtwo in a pokeball?

I used mine a long time ago in my Yellow Version to catch mewtwo, but since then I've never used it. I have all almost all of the legendaries in my White2 and haven't used my masterball (though if I'd had it when I came upon Verizion, I might have. Jesus, that thing is a complete bitch! It keeps healing with Giga Drain and won't stay in the red while I try to catch it!)

Yellow: Didn't use it.
Crystal: Once on Suicune, ( yeah, I was a stupid kid) and once on lugia. (recover recover recover)
Emerald: Everything that moved. Thank you battle tower!
Platinum: Didn't use it.
White: Didn't use it.
White 2: Seeing a pattern?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom