• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Game over! and the winner is...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Night 6: watanagashi festival]

Yay! Time to celebrate :D

Oh, fine. The dead can participate in the festival too, but don't expect any game-changing events to come of it. XD
Thank you Umeko! Now it's time to celebrate!

isn't this the night I always die D:

Partay!

I've got all the night actions that will make any difference, so I'll go ahead and update. :D

Monday, June 20, 1983
6:15 AM, Okinomiya Police Department

The day after Watanagashi. Every year on this day, I can't help but go to work with a sinking feeling.

The reason being the two mysterious deaths that, like clockwork, always happen take place the night of the festival.

Sure enough, there were two more fatalities overnight...

Turtwig A has been killed.
Megaman, you are Maebara Keiichi
keiichi.png

You're the new kid in town, but you've quickly grown to love the little rural village, and you were instantly able to become good friends with the other kids of Hinamizawa. I mean sure, sometimes you get way paranoid and end up beating pinatas your friends to death with a baseball bat, but hey, it's all water under the bridge.

Known as the "Magician of Words," your determination, charisma, and trust in your friends gives you the ability to smash destiny with your bare hands and change the future. (No, really.) Therefore, twice during the game, you may change the target of the day's lynching to a player of your choosing, regardless of the tally. To do so, simply send me a PM with "Lynch: [PLAYER]" in the body of the message before the end of the day phase.

You are allied with Hinamizawa. You win if all members of Tokyo are eliminated.

Phoenicks has been killed.
Phoenicks, you are Kimiyoshi Natsumi
natsumi.png

Though your family is from Hinamizawa, you've never lived there yourself. In fact, you live quite a distance from Hinamizawa after moving from Okinomiya last year, but since village head Kimiyoshi was a relative of yours, you're back in the area for a bit. You don't believe in or care for Oyashiro-sama or any curse attributed to the deity, but your grandmother takes it very seriously.

You don't particularly care for Hinamizawa one way or another. You simply want to live your life happily, preferably on your own terms.

As a Kimiyoshi, you're one of the Three Great Families of Hinamizawa - the families with the greatest concentration of demon blood. If provoked, your demon blood will act up and cause you to react violently. If, at the end of a day phase, there are three or more votes for you, you may kill one person who had placed a vote against you (whether you ended up lynched or not). In addition, if you are killed during the night, you will take your killer down with you.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you survive.

It is now Day 7.

This game is so close now I don't even know what will happen. This will likely be the last day phase; make the best of it!

Last edited:
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Mafia [Day 7: down to the wire]

Vote: Synthєsis

remember this earlier post about the lack of activity and how it corresponds with being mafia? well. he disappeared entirely after night 2 [post-rewind], giving me the impression that he was converted on that very night. the preference for lying low indicates that he didn't want to be suspected as mafia in the first place. mafia aren't likely to talk inthread.

Who the. Killed me. When I was. One phase away. From winnning. And not a threat. To anybody.

I want Synth to post :|

Meanwhile, Parmalee, who did you protect last night? Just curious.

Gah, so close. Oh well, it was a fairly (inactive) something...

Phoenicks has been killed.
Phoenicks, you are Kimiyoshi Natsumi
natsumi.png

Though your family is from Hinamizawa, you've never lived there yourself. In fact, you live quite a distance from Hinamizawa after moving from Okinomiya last year, but since village head Kimiyoshi was a relative of yours, you're back in the area for a bit. You don't believe in or care for Oyashiro-sama or any curse attributed to the deity, but your grandmother takes it very seriously.

You don't particularly care for Hinamizawa one way or another. You simply want to live your life happily, preferably on your own terms.

As a Kimiyoshi, you're one of the Three Great Families of Hinamizawa - the families with the greatest concentration of demon blood. If provoked, your demon blood will act up and cause you to react violently. If, at the end of a day phase, there are three or more votes for you, you may kill one person who had placed a vote against you (whether you ended up lynched or not). In addition, if you are killed during the night, you will take your killer down with you.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you survive.

I did not see her coming into this O:.

Parmalee protected herself.

I think Parmalee is mafia.

I would vote for Parmalee right now, but if Synth refuses to show up then I'd rather see him lynched and hope that I'm wrong, instead of ending it in a no lynch and losing definitively.

If Parmalee is mafia then she won't be lynched without Synth's vote anyway, so if Synth is town then he better make a post soon. (If he's mafia he can just sit there and do nothing.)

vB4 upgrade = how will it impact this game?

Monday, June 20, 1983
7:25 PM, Furude Shrine

Rika stood at the outlook, staring emotionlessly at the village below.

"So all my friends are dead," she murmured, before laughing cynically. "Even if this doesn't end up being a dead-end world for me, I can say for sure that it isn't any better. Wouldn't you, Hanyuu?"

There was no answer. Rika waited, but there was silence for longer than would be expected. She spun on her heel, searching for the apparition. "Hanyuu?" Is she off crying somewhere again?

"You won't be finding her, unfortunately."

Rika turned towards the voice, and her eyes widened. "You...?! What did you do?!"

The man only chuckled, his glasses glinting in the waning sunlight.

"Why would you do this?! You're supposed to help people! Irie!"

"There's only so much that helping people will accomplish, Rika-chan." The doctor smiled at the priestess - not his usual kindly smile, nor his lolicon smile, but a more sinister smirk that Rika had never seen from him before. "Takano-san made me an offer I couldn't refuse, you see. And I must admit that her plan to prove Hinamizawa Syndrome as real would be quite effective."

Rika felt herself start to break into a cold sweat as she backed up against the railing, but she managed a nervous smirk regardless. "Heh. And you think I'm just going to calmly go along with that plan? You're even more deluded than I would have expected."

"I'm afraid we're past the point of compromise, my dear." Irie pulled an array of scalpels from his coat, each one catching the setting sun's light. "It's time we put an end to this."

Keeping her smirk steady on her face, the young priestess pressed her body back against the railing. "As if I'd let you have the glory."

Without another word, as Irie began to take a step closer, she hoisted herself up and over the railing, letting herself fall headfirst down the outcropping.

So that's the end of this world. Rika closed her eyes as she waited for the impact, and past the rushing in her ears she could hear Irie's manic laughing, and the cicadas' solemn crying.

And then there was nothing at all.

Synthєsis has mysteriously disappeared.
Synthєsis, you are Hanyuu
hanyuu.png

Also known as Oyashiro-sama, you are the guardian deity of Hinamizawa. You care very much for the people of the village, and it pains you that you are unable to prevent them from succumbing to stress and paranoia as they so easily do.

You share a special spiritual connection with the village's priestess, Rika (Solaris). You have been with Rika constantly ever since her birth, but she is the only one who is able to see and communicate with you. Therefore, you are unable to communicate with any other players outside of the game thread. If any player besides Rika attempts to make contact with you, you are to ignore them (reluctantly, and with many many apologies that they cannot hear).

Along with Rika, you have been stuck in an endless loop of June 1983 for what amounts to over a hundred years, with every iteration inevitably ending with Rika's death. You are the one with the power to reset time, so once during the game from Night 6 through Night 7, you have the option to turn back time to an earlier point, should you see it as necessary. Abilities that players had used up after that point will all be restored (except yours), and most players who died after that point will be revived, though some will not - time is a fickle thing, after all, and it's not uncommon for people and events to be simply missing from certain timeplanes.

If you use this ability, you will not necessarily return to Day 1, as your powers have been weakening with each reset. It is possible that you might return time to a point as late as Day 3; this will be determined randomly.

Solaris has been killed.
Solaris, you are Furude Rika
rika.png

You are the last surviving member of the Furude family, the Furude Shrine priestess, and considered by some to be the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, Hinamizawa's guardian deity. Unbeknownst to anyone else, you have been stuck in an endless loop of June 1983 for what amounts to over a hundred years, and every iteration inevitably ends with your death. Your ultimate goal is to break free of the endless loop and live to see the world beyond June 1983.

You are not exactly the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama as people say, but you do share a special connection with the god, also known as Hanyuu (Synthєsis). The two of you have been spiritually connected since your birth, though you are the only one who can see and communicate with Hanyuu outside of the game thread.

You are also the Queen Carrier, and it is your presence that prevents the entire village from succumbing to the terminal stages of Hinamizawa Syndrome. The villagers can last only a few days without your presence before they will erupt into mass chaos and begin massacring each other in paranoid delusions. Therefore, should you die, the town only has three day cycles (six phases) to eliminate the mafia before they automatically lose.

So don't die.

As of Night 1β: With your role (or at least your power) now made public, the residents of Hinamizawa are more consciously aware of how necessary it is that you stay alive. As such, you are now granted two kill immunities; if you are targeted for a kill, the town will come to your aid twice, but only twice.
Parmalee went on to commit suicide.
Parmalee, you are Irie Kyousuke
irie.png

You've been in Hinamizawa for the past few years, working as the doctor at the town's only clinic. You're actually secretly researching the local disease known as Hinamizawa Syndrome, but you have no bad intentions - you're trying to develop a vaccine to treat the terminal stages of the Syndrome.

You're also a lolicon with a maid fetish. Just fyi.

Every night, you may choose one person to keep safe in the underground facilities of your clinic. This will keep them safe from any killing attempt, and also negate any other night actions taken on them. To do so, send me a PM with "Protect: [PLAYER]" in the body of the message. You may use this ability on yourself, but there are probably others that take priority over your own life.

As of Night 4α: As you are now sided with Tokyo, your focus is no longer on protecting others. However, you are still able to protect yourself. Whenever you are the target of a kill, be it a lynch or a nightkill, the action will be automatically redirected to someone else, chosen at random.

You are allied with Tokyo. You win if your faction obtains majority over the rest of the players.

When Rika opened her eyes, she found herself in a dark, empty void. It was a familiar sight - she had been there thousands of times before, after all.

"Auuu... I'm sorry, Rika..." At her side, Hanyuu was whimpering and crying. "I don't know what happened, but I found myself pushed back here, hauuuu..."

Rika shrugged, a defeated smile finding its way upon her face. "It can't be helped. We've been through this countless times before, haven't we?"

The deity continued to cry. "Auuu... I'm sorry I'm so useless... It was all I could do just to get you back here with me..."

"Dry your tears, Hanyuu." Rika held out her hand for Hanyuu to take. "We'll just have to try again. And again. And again. However many times it takes to escape this fate."

Hanyuu wiped her eyes on her sleeves before nodding hesitantly. "R-right. The next world will be better... probably. Hau..."

"There's certainly not much worse it can get."

"Auuuu..."

Rika tilted her head. "Shall we go, then?"

"Y-yes. Let's go."

The two girls joined hands, and a bright light engulfed them as time rewound once again.

To a new world...

Game over! Tokyo has won!

That's how I died.... Turtwig got a Nightkill on Parma and it redirected (right?).

vB4 upgrade = how will it impact this game?
You probably have the answer you're looking for already, but if anything it'll delay the ratings and all. :V Pretty likely that this will be the case as I am working tomorrow only to come home to supervise a birthday party.

Also, before anyone asks, there were hidden triggers for Hanyuu's ability, one of which was activated to result in the rewind.

That's how I died.... Turtwig got a Nightkill on Parma and it redirected (right?).
Not exactly. Sol was the one who got the nightkill on Parma, and still had a kill immunity to protect him from your ability.

I might post the timeline tonight, so that other pressing questions might be answered. :3

So Rika could save herself? Well that makes me feel useless as a bodyguard :( Anyways, that would have been good info to have in regards to Parmalee being mafia -.-

that explains how there was no mafia kill on night 3. which means I was right about Solaris having NK immunity. hehehe.

So Rika could save herself? Well that makes me feel useless as a bodyguard :(

Don't feel useless, thanks to your Akasaka Punch Rika got to cheat death a whole three times. :p I think that's pretty good.

If everything redirected, doesn't that mean Parmalee was invincible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom